NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well nobody here thought the Seahawks would get very far and it all came down to one play.

Of course they can. And so can Dallas and Green Bay. Green Bay shot themselves in the foot, and everybody saw. Or you wear a skirt and your wife wears pants and you didn't watch. I could be wrong.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Eagles have traded Pro Bowl running back LeSean McCoy to the Bills. Cap space. I am surprised this happened this quick. Maybe they saw something in the combine that really stuck out.

There was talk that McCoy was on the trading block, primarily because he will count $11.95 million against the cap next fall. Buffalo, however, was never one of his rumored destinations.

"Shady," as he's known, rushed for 1,319 yards and five scores on 312 carries in 2014. In the six years since he arrived in Philadelphia, he's been a first-team All-Pro twice and made the Pro Bowl three times. In 2013, his first year under Kelly, McCoy led the NFL with 1,607 rushing yards and also had nine scores.​
Too much money to pay a guy they can replace in his system. And with a couple of solid years left in the tank they could lose a little cap space and gain a potentially fine player on defense. Good linebacker from the Kelly's old program. If he can bounce back from injury that's a great pick up for the defense. Solid tackler who can drop back in coverage and he has soft hands.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Too much money to pay a guy they can replace in his system.

I don't think replacing him will be easy. Can they replace him? Sure. But how good can the next guy be? This looks like a step back and it was done for cap space. And maybe Chip Kelly will abandon the concept of having a back that can play every down.

Mocking You

I don't think replacing him will be easy. Can they replace him? Sure. But how good can the next guy be? This looks like a step back and it was done for cap space.

Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Vegas line on the Eagles winning the Super Bowl has gone from 15:1 to 20:1 after the trade.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I think about it, and I have the NFL network on the tube, there are several elite, not just good, running backs available this year. The Big 10 alone has 5 running backs that go in the first round up until the draft in 2000.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peyton is taking a 4 million pay cut for cap space. And before you think he is sacrificing, that means he will make 15 instead of 19 mil. And at the same time, there is probably a long list of pro-athletes that will not do it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think replacing him will be easy. Can they replace him? Sure. But how good can the next guy be?
He doesn't have to replace him, only get close to his production.

This looks like a step back and it was done for cap space.
And the difference between the two contracts over the next couple? Over twenty million dollars, which can help the team.

And maybe Chip Kelly will abandon the concept of having a back that can play every down.
Depends. You can get pretty good backs out of this draft.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depends. You can get pretty good backs out of this draft.

And then some. There are two 2000 yard backs available. And I would take the Indiana back who did it without Wisconsin's offensive line and their road grading linemen.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And then some. There are two 2000 yard backs available. And I would take the Indiana back who did it without Wisconsin's offensive line and their road grading linemen.
And with likely everyone in front taking other needs it's not inconceivable that in the era of the devalued back he could pick up a fantastic ball carrier off the top.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And the fastest 40 for running back was Michigan State's power back Jeremy Langford. Ameer Abdullah from Nebraska might fit in with the NFL version of the spread and zone read. He is rather elusive and might be what Kelly wants.

Todd Gurley might be the most capable as an NFL back along with Indiana's Tevin Coleman. But when a running back is injured GMs seem to hesitate. And for good reason. Average NFL career is about 5 seasons. Starting with an injury is not a good start.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jones-Drew retired. A solid player who never embarrassed his fan base, who ran for over 1,600 yards a few years ago on a Jacksonville squad that everyone knew couldn't pass the ball. He more than doubled the average life of a running back in the NFL despite being undersized and carrying a load for the Jags for most of a decade, before injury and age moved him on and out, spending his last year as an Oakland Raider.

He ends his career with 8,167 yds, 68 tds rushing and 11 receiving and a 4.4 average per carry, which would have been higher without the last two, injury hampered years.

Very, very good back and by all accounts as decent a guy.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Very sorry to see big Vince leave. End of an era, career bookended by a Super Bowl his rookie year, and this season.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just wait until it's Tom they're pushing out the door, gently. Vince can't retire. Too much in that tank.

Oh I can wait, all right.:chuckle:

In a perfect world he'll just retire of his own accord (right after winning another ring). But he's been around long enough to be able to see the writing on the wall a mile away.

What I really would hate to see is Wilfork going to Buffalo--ya gotta know Rex would love to poach the big fella. I mean ideally, he comes back for less money. But I have a gut feeling it's not happening.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh I can wait, all right.:chuckle:

In a perfect world he'll just retire of his own accord (right after winning another ring). But he's been around long enough to be able to see the writing on the wall a mile away.
I wonder. Same about Peyton. I'm not sure they'll ever think they're past their abilities...and neither look to be, but at least with Tom I can see Bill having his ear and hearing it. Maybe.

What I really would hate to see is Wilfork going to Buffalo--ya gotta know Rex would love to poach the big fella. I mean ideally, he comes back for less money. But I have a gut feeling it's not happening.
Wouldn't that be a punch at his old team? He'd be better off in Miami if he wants to do that...and the weather would be better. :)

I hear Brandon Marshal just became a Jet, so who knows what's possible...keep Cutler and deal Brandon? :idunno:

JPPT1974

They cut Percy Harvin to sign Brandon Marshall of the Jets. Harvin was cut due to his bad attitude by two teams in one season. From what I hear.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And the most over rated coach in the NFL, only ahead of him is Phil Jackson in the fraudulent genius department, Belichick will go back to this as soon as Brady is done.

He was cheating and then Brady got real good. Elite good.

These were defining moments in Belichick's coaching career. Defining in Cleveland, where he was 37-45 with one playoff win (over, ta-da, the Patriots). Defining in New England, where he is 105-39 with 14 playoff victories.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Free agent notes:

Suh is a Dolphin...:think: Couldn't hurt. Unless your name is Brady. Then it might.

Mark Ingram, after finally fitting in productively with the Saints will be settling in there for the next four years.

LeSean McCoy has been made happier to be in Buffalo with a newly restructured deal. Now all they need is consistent qb play and that division is getting tougher by the minute.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Free agent notes:

Suh is a Dolphin...:think: Couldn't hurt. Unless your name is Brady. Then it might.

A great player that needs to be fined about 250,000 for "accidentally" stepping on ankles of players on the ground. Maybe that will get his attention. If not, step it up to 500,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.