NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Frank Gore is expected to sign with the Eagles.

Barring a breakdown in talks, Gore is expected to sign a three-year deal in which $7.5 million in the first two years is guaranteed.

Balfour4

BANNED
Banned
As a lions guy I really miss Suh.....but with him and Reggie bush gone they surely will sign a great weapon for the offense.

RBs are a dime a dozen. AP is the only HOF in this current group I think. Murray will never be the same again

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Frank Gore is expected to sign with the Eagles.

Barring a breakdown in talks, Gore is expected to sign a three-year deal in which $7.5 million in the first two years is guaranteed.
Good signing. Smart player. The contract is for three but it's only two with guaranteed money, which should be about his expiration date. If they get a two years of production it will be worth it.

I thought they'd probably go after Bush...he wouldn't be a bad get for the Niners now.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Niners....pushed their coach out the door and recently took away anything left in the clubhouse/stadium tied to him and the team appears to be rallying...elsewhere. Defections, retirements and sure sign that management/ownership have tied the anchor of hubris around their necks and will be dragging what's left of the team into the ocean of mediocrity from which Harbaugh delivered them only a few scant seasons past.

Remarkable. Some organizations, like some people, can't handle success.

In other news: Andre Johnson done with the Texans...twelve years is a good career and he isn't the player he was a few years ago, but he's still better than any number two and most number ones and the only question is does he go somewhere for a ring or a last cash in, to the extent he can find it?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Denver at a discount. Never discount a veteran who lost a step when he has a smart QB to deliver.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And now Gore is reconsidering the Eagles. Word is, the Colts have shown him the money. And none of this is supposed to happen until 4PM today.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Rams have agreed to a trade with the Eagles. Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. All kind of business going on today.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Holy...we got Gore. Gore is absolutely going to play for my Colts. Sorry Trent, I don't know what happened to you and I hope you do well somewhere, but man oh man. That helps.

And the Saints move Graham to Seattle for the Seahawk's center. Wow. There's a weapon for Wilson.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brady was elite in 2001.

No. In fact, he was as good as Jay Cutler was this year. For his first 6 years in the league.

Holy...we got Gore. Gore is absolutely going to play for my Colts.

He is still good enough this will take them over the hump. Right now safeties played coverage and didn't have to step up. Dan Herron is pretty tough for his size but is undersized to go every down. In my armchair opinion. If there is not 8 in the box, he will exploit it, even after 10 seasons. I really think this was a great move.

If there is 8 or even 9 in the box, Luck will tear them apart.

Jedidiah

John Madden in 01 thought that Brady was as good as Jay Cutler was this year too. :idunno:

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You think Jay Cutler is elite? I wonder if the Bears know this.

3812yds 28td 5.0td% 18int 3.2int% 74lng 6.8ypa 10.3ypc 254.1ypg 88.6rating

I wonder how good Brady was in 2001. Actually I don't. I used these numbers rather than just raw numbers because efficiency is the name of the game for the Hall of Fame QBs.

3764yds 28td 4.7td% 14int 2.3int% 49lng 6.3ypa 10.1ypc 235.3ypg 85.7rating

Jedidiah

You think Jay Cutler is elite? I wonder if the Bears know this.

3812yds 28td 5.0td% 18int 3.2int% 74lng 6.8ypa 10.3ypc 254.1ypg 88.6rating

I wonder how good Brady was in 2001. Actually I don't. I used these numbers rather than just raw numbers because efficiency is the name of the game for the Hall of Fame QBs.

3764yds 28td 4.7td% 14int 2.3int% 49lng 6.3ypa 10.1ypc 235.3ypg 85.7rating
Now come on. You know as well as I do that elite has to do with W's and with rings. He immediately got both. He almost beat the Rams that year in the regular season, prompting an apocryphal story that Rams coach Mike Martz, after narrowly escaping with the W, prophesied that Brady would play them in the SB that season.

If I were playing fantasy leagues I might have the same opinion as you.

What was his regular season winning percentage 2001 through 2007 ?

SB record during same span ? He can't lose a SB when he isn't facing Eli and Coughlin.

He can't not win the AFC East.

He became distracted after ring number 3, wondering aloud, "Is this it?" talking about the NFL and his career. 2014 he regained his vision. It was a perceptible change, after the KC game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Now come on. You know as well as I do that elite has to do with W's and with rings.
Which is why no one regards Barry Sanders. :plain:

Tom inherited a great coach and a solid team. That remained true for his entire career (so far) in New England. The year he went down that same team won ten or eleven games with a back up who has done nothing as a starter anywhere else.

Jedidiah

Which is why no one regards Barry Sanders. :plain:...
We're talking about a quarterback, don't pretend that any other position on that field has more leverage in determining the outcome of any given game, all other things being equal. (They're not, but we're talking about a 14 year span.)
...Tom inherited a great coach and a solid team. That remained true for his entire career (so far) in New England...
The only thread that remains from 01 to 14 is owner Kraft, coach Belichick, and QB Brady. Brady's the only one actually on the field.
...The year he went down that same team won ten or eleven games with a back up who has done nothing as a starter anywhere else.
And Nick has already shown ITT that without Brady, Belichick is only above average and not a champion. He's not the exaggerated "most overrated coach," he's just above average, and cannot get to the big show without Brady managing on the field, let alone win any rings.

In fact, didn't you just make my point ? :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now come on. You know as well as I do that elite has to do with W's and with rings.

No it doesn't. Great players go to the Hall. Or at least usually. Great teams win championships. Are you going to tell me the Dolphins won a SuperBowl because Bob Griese completed 6 passes? And Trent Dilfer was elite. Can't forget him. He wasn't really cut after winning the Super Bowl. We imagined it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And Bill was in fact cheating by taping practices. That is as bad as cheating can get. That is like looking at the deck before it gets dealt each hand then pretending it was a good read.

Bill's post Spygate record in the playoffs is mediocre. Even after going 3-0 this year. He went from incredible to not incredible all the while Brady started playing significantly better.

Shooting from the hip and not doing the math, his QB rating is about 87 the first 6 years. And about 105 each year on average since.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We're talking about a quarterback, don't pretend that any other position on that field has more leverage in determining the outcome of any given game, all other things being equal. (They're not, but we're talking about a 14 year span.)
An isolation that shouldn't change the standard. Most people run to rings, even though no one would suggest seriously that Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time even though you could easily argue his production had more to to with his team wins than any quarterback and he has the rings.

No, it's about or should be about how well or poorly you play the position, if you're approaching greatness rationally. Most fans and many in the media don't and never have. It's remarkable really.

The only thread that remains from 01 to 14 is owner Kraft, coach Belichick, and QB Brady.
And until the Seattle mistake at the goal line they hadn't won a title, to use your metric, without their future hall of fame kicker, who was disproportionately responsible for them getting to and winning the three rings they had.

And Nick has already shown ITT that without Brady, Belichick is only above average and not a champion.
How many championships did the Steelers win with Chuck but without Bradshaw to steer his offense? How many rings did the Niners win without the man who put together their first three? Same as the Cowboys without Johnson.

Or, you need both for anything like a dynasty. One without the other may produce a ring, but that's about it. Which is one reason Gibbs rates near the top of my coaching tree. He managed three with three different qbs, non of which were HOF candidates. Remarkable.

He's not the exaggerated "most overrated coach," he's just above average, and cannot get to the big show without Brady managing on the field, let alone win any rings.
I think he's one of the best adjusters/defensive coaches in the game. And that, when you have a great qb and are smart enough to put good people into position to run an offense, will amount to something.

In fact, didn't you just make my point ? :)
How do you figure that? :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.