NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are going to have almost a month of nothing after the NCAA tournament is over until the draft. I guess there is always April baseball *rollseyes* and the golf channel.

Krsto

I think Tim meant to glorify God by it and not himself, so I'll cut him slack on that, though once it became a distraction and point of contention I think he would have done better by himself and his faith to have abandoned it on the field.

I don't know how any QB would think doing that would not draw attention to himself. It's inevitable and the reason for the prohibition to public prayers.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I doubt the consideration ever got past his intention to glorify God by recognizing Him before men.

You glorify him by your confession to them not your actions. He should know better. They can be saved no matter what they did. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.....to save a wretch like me. It isn't your performance or how you act. That is a bit of a rabbit trail in our NFL thread so I will leave it where it lies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bret Bielema is a liar and dishonest. College football is still football.

Arkansas Razorbacks coach Bret Bielema isn't giving up his fight to change the rules regarding the pace of play in college football, with the hurry-up, no-huddle offense continuing to be his primary target.

As Bielema told Sporting News' Matt Hayes, "We have to protect student-athletes to extremes we never thought of before."

Bielema spoke to Sporting News about recently retired San Francisco 49ers linebacker Chris Borland, a former player of his at Wisconsin who said he left the NFL at 24 years old because of concerns over the effects of head trauma.

His style of football, not the spread, leads to more injuries. The defense having time to set and explode causes collisions. He knows this, but wil lie to change the game to his favor.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Troy Polamalu retired today.

In his prime, he was one of the best strong safeties of all time.

I'll put the following four all-time Steeler's secondary players (2 corners & 2 safeties) against any other teams four all-time secondary players (2 corners & 2 safeties):

Mel Blount (cornerback)
Rod Woodson (cornerback)
Troy Polamalu (safety)
Donnie Shell (safety)

Any challengers?

If you're thinking about it, keep in mind the following:

Career Interceptions:

Rod Woodson - 71
Mel Blount - 57
Donnie Shell - 51
Troy Polamalu - 32

Total - 211

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
New England Patriots will host Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Sept. 10

Bring it on Granite......

The funniest part about this opening game for the NFL is that both the Steelers and Patriots will be without their starting running backs (Blount & Bell will each be suspended) because each were smoking pot together in the same car.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Two notes:

Tom Brady owes an apology for the no show as his Pats were being honored.

Tim Tebow is an Eagle.

Which seems less unlikely to you and why? :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
New England Patriots will host Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Sept. 10

Bring it on Granite......

The funniest part about this opening game for the NFL is that both the Steelers and Patriots will be without their starting running backs (Blount & Bell will each be suspended) because each were smoking pot together in the same car.

Ah. It's about time a new banner was unfurled. :chuckle:

33-20 New England. I expect a great match up and an extremely fired up home crowd.

Yeah, looks like that Cheech & Chong stunt's gonna have more repercussions than we thought.:wazzup:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Tom Brady owes an apology for the no show as his Pats were being honored.

Uh, no. It was publicized he had a prior family obligation. Not like he just blew it off.

Plus, I suspect one of these days he just might live in that place for at least four years, and he's already had three visits to size it up.:rotfl:

Tim Tebow is an Eagle.

Chip Kelly is trying to prove someone out there can be more arrogant than Bill Belichick.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Uh, no. It was publicized he had a prior family obligation. Not like he just blew it off.
Unless it's a birth or death in the family you reschedule the family whatever it was. If his owner could be there and the President could make it (and I'm guessing both their schedules are a bit busier) he can make it as the face of the franchise.

Chip Kelly is trying to prove someone out there can be more arrogant than Bill Belichick.
I heard that the qb guru had noticeably improved Tim's mechanics and that he had Kelly interested where he was dismissive prior. And if that's true and given his style of offense is the closest to Tebow's warm fuzzy read option going, who knows?

First we'll see if he can actually make the team.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Unless it's a birth or death in the family you reschedule the family whatever it was.

Or wedding. Or whatever. Or we don't know. It's not that big of a deal unless you're writing for the New York Post (and boy howdy, did they have a field day).

I heard that the qb guru had noticeably improved Tim's mechanics and that he had Kelly interested where he was dismissive prior. And if that's true and given his style of offense is the closest to Tebow's warm fuzzy read option going, who knows?

I'll believe it when I see it. Given the issues he's had with his mechanics--his entire career--I can't believe there's been a radical transformation.

First we'll see if he can actually make the team.

I wouldn't put money on it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or wedding. Or whatever. Or we don't know. It's not that big of a deal unless you're writing for the New York Post (and boy howdy, did they have a field day).
Like they can actually read (subscribers, I mean).

I'll believe it when I see it. Given the issues he's had with his mechanics--his entire career--I can't believe there's been a radical transformation.
Tom House has a pretty good reputation as a qb guru and he isn't prone to blowing smoke, but to my mind the question is more about what he'll do under fire, when muscle memory and a lifetime of tendency can undo the best intention.

That said, I've long noted that Tim's numbers were better than Bradshaw's at the same point and that Terry could hit the home run but never did put up completion percentages that would impress anyone. He wouldn't get the chance to be branded a winner today for many of the same reasons Tim faces. But I think both are and I had to shake my head at the notion that Tebow couldn't find a roster spot until now, assuming he does.

I wouldn't put money on it.
He's made all but one team that gave him an honest shot. I think the problem in New England was more about the shell shock of his stay with the Jets. He didn't look like the same confident player he had in Denver.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm certainly rooting for him. The NFL could use all the character it can muster.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: So this should be one of the weaker drafts in a while. I know the debate is over the qb position with Winston and Mariota, but honestly I wouldn't take either with the top two picks.

Why? Winston has character issues and demonstrated last year that when he tries to do too much/gets rattled he can make horrible decisions with the ball, which he doesn't secure sufficiently to begin with. Mariota is a better physical specimen and threw fewer interceptions (14) in his career than Winston threw last year, but he's another qb without a track record in an NFL offense. The Bucs need a qb so Winston will likely go first, but if I was running the Titans and I had a qb I thought I could continue to develop I'd either trade the pick or, if I couldn't get what I wanted for it, go with Cooper to give that young qb the most versatile big play offensive player in the draft.

Otherwise it's Williams out of USC or Stanford's Peat for immediate OL impact.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One and two go as expected. And now the Jags take Fowler, a talented DE from Florida to put pressure on opposing qbs. The Raiders are up...could they use a wr to help out a talented young qb? Yep. The most versatile wr on the board. Great pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.