NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Oh...ok, I get your point. I thought you were privy to a juicy tid-bit I hadn't heard! :)

I want to see the seahawks play the ravens
that would be a super bowl for me
don't know how the patriots beat them
they must have cheated

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to see the seahawks play the ravens

There has never been a "Double-Bird" Super Bowl.

There almost was one in 2012 when the Ravens played the 49'ers. The 49'ers overcame a 17 point deficit to the Falcons.

We were so close to having a Double-Bird Super Bowl that would have had the Ravens vs. Falcons.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There has never been a "Double-Bird" Super Bowl.

There almost was one in 2012 when the Ravens played the 49'ers. The 49'ers overcame a 17 point deficit to the Falcons.

We were so close to having a Double-Bird Super Bowl that would have had the Ravens vs. Falcons.

do you think they will ever find out how the patriots cheated in their win over the ravens?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
do you think they will ever find out how the patriots cheated in their win over the ravens?

Read the following book:

boxofspygate.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone on that team makes more than 10 million
Only 56 players in the NFL made more than ten million this year.

There are 32 teams with 53 men on their roster, for a total of 1,696 active players.

Seattle's Sherman made 14 million this year, ranking him 25th out of that number in the NFL for Salary.

Seattle's Earl Thomas made 10 million even and placed 50th.

and
I don't think that is true with any other team
Or any. :plain:

Average NFL salary by position:

QB: $3,840,017
Running Backs: $1,550,624
Wide Receivers: $1,806,999
Tight Ends: $1,420,890
Offensive Linemen: $1,760,164
Kickers and Punters: $1,662,786

Defensive Ends: $2,599,874
Defensive Tackles: $1,807,581
Linebackers: $1,803,388
Safeties: $1,752,582
Cornerbacks: $1,690,105

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
so it is always just one more
even though
he is the only one to know what it is like to win 21 playoff games
he is the only one to know what it is like to be in 8 super bowls

projecting ? just a concensus view. hall of fame for sure, but brady needs another ring to be a "winner". don't blame me. i wanted them to have that undefeated season. don't assume everyone hates the Patriots and brady and belichek. but yes, it's always one more. that's sports pal ! ! ! - :duh:

Zeke

They should give the fans paintball guns to shoot the Refs with, that would make it worth watching again.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
so peyton is a loser?[/QUOT

the standard in most peoples mind is at least 4 rings for an elite status. at least me, anyway. i know the numbers and stats. brady tops the list. except rings. yes, peyton is a play-off loser. like elway and marino. steve young, montana - winners. it's all about titles in the end. didn't visit this thread to argue, but you got defensive immediately to one post i made. i don't need convincing to see the greatness of the pats, brady and the coach (i can't think of his name for some reason), not kidding, i'm drawing a blank, i wanna say belichek, but i think that's wrong. anyway, i know what it's like to defend a team, you may be a little stressed, uptight or anxious. maybe not, but i'm not attacking anyone. IMO, champions are measured by rings and trophies. the big ones, not all the little ones, along the way to the big ones. sorry if i read your posts wrong. just a fan with no team in the game - :salute:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so peyton is a loser?

the standard in most peoples mind is at least 4 rings for an elite status. at least me, anyway.
Then Terry Bradshaw is a better quarterback than anyone except Montana. :rolleyes: Better than Marino, Elway, Peyton, Tom...:nono:

i know the numbers and stats. brady tops the list.
Except he doesn't really. What stats? Cumulative for the Super Bowl? He doesn't even have a Super Bowl game in the top ten (neither does Peyton) for rating at his position.

except rings. yes, peyton is a play-off loser. like elway and marino. steve young, montana - winners.
Peyton has as many rings as Young and more appearances. Elway has one more ring and one more loss.

it's all about titles in the end.
Except it isn't, which is why Trent Dilfer isn't considered a better quarterback than Dan Marino.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then Terry Bradshaw is a better quarterback than anyone except Montana. :rolleyes: Better than Marino, Elway, Peyton, Tom...:nono:

Except he doesn't really. What stats? Cumulative for the Super Bowl? He doesn't even have a Super Bowl game in the top ten (neither does Peyton) for rating at his position.

Peyton has as many rings as Young and more appearances. Elway has one more ring and one more loss.

Except it isn't, which is why Trent Dilfer isn't considered a better quarterback than Dan Marino.

lol. you guys are obviously under the age of 40. maybe even 30. i'm not talking statistics. or "better" QB. it's a whole package. a franchise. a city. you don't get it. titles are all that matter. you think marino admires his numbers on the mantle ? i get it, everyone here is a sports radio commentator, not real sports fans. it's all about - look how many statistics i can point to - you guys win. the numbers don't lie, that's why dilfer and most QB's have their QB ratings tattooed on them

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
can you name one other team that has only one player over 10?
What do you mean other? Seattle has two making ten or more. Raising it arbitrarily to get Seattle under two is funny, but then you'd still be surprised.

Holding you to your own standard, Ten, Oak, Jac, Ind have 0 players making ten or more a year.

Teams with only 1 player making ten or more: Atl, Buf, Hou, Mia, Min, NE, Gia and SD.

Teams with 2 players making ten million or more: Bal, Car, Chi, Cin, Cle, GB, Jets, Phi, TB, Niners, Seattle, Was.

Teams with 3: Dal, Den, Det, NO, Pit, KC and SL.

Teams with 4: Arz

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
lol. you guys are obviously under the age of 40. maybe even 30. i'm not talking statistics. or "better" QB. it's a whole package. a franchise. a city. you don't get it. titles are all that matter.
Not in measuring the greatness of an athlete at a position. That's why Barry Sanders isn't dinged by being saddled with the Lions all those years and why Bill Russell isn't considered the greatest basketball player even though he has more titles than anyone.

Now if you want to talk about greatest franchises, different story.

you think marino admires his numbers on the mantle ?
I think anyone who is rational admires him as a quarterback more than any number of guys with a ring, like Dilfer. That's why Marino was a first ballot Hall of Famer and Dilfer will only go there as a visitor.

i get it, everyone here is a sports radio commentator, not real sports fans.
Rather, there are a lot of fans here and only a few who can talk objectively about positions and teams. It's easier for me because a) I'm a stats guy, b) it's in my nature and training and c) there isn't a professional team in my state. So Montana, who I never once failed to root against, is still the greatest quarterback I've ever seen, in sum.

it's all about - look how many statistics i can point to - you guys win.
Objective metrics for an objective measure. Bradshaw, home run hitter though he was, isn't considered the greatest or in the running for it by anyone who seriously studies the game.

the numbers don't lie, that's why dilfer and most QB's have their QB ratings tattooed on them
Numbers can lie/distort in the moment, but on average over a career of any real length they don't. Which is why you won't find anyone clamoring for Dilfer in the Hall or suggesting he's in the same class as Dan.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not in measuring the greatness of an athlete at a position. That's why Barry Sanders isn't dinged by being saddled with the Lions all those years and why Bill Russell isn't considered the greatest basketball player even though he has more titles than anyone.

Now if you want to talk about greatest franchises, different story.

I think anyone who is rational admires him as a quarterback more than any number of guys with a ring, like Dilfer. That's why Marino was a first ballot Hall of Famer and Dilfer will only go there as a visitor.

Rather, there are a lot of fans here and only a few who can talk objectively about positions and teams. It's easier for me because a) I'm a stats guy, b) it's in my nature and training and c) there isn't a professional team in my state. So Montana, who I never once failed to root against, is still the greatest quarterback I've ever seen, in sum.

Objective metrics for an objective measure. Bradshaw, home run hitter though he was, isn't considered the greatest or in the running for it by anyone who seriously studies the game.

Numbers can lie/distort in the moment, but on average over a career of any real length they don't. Which is why you won't find anyone clamoring for Dilfer in the Hall or suggesting he's in the same class as Dan.

thanks, but i know every single thing you posted already. but you seriously study the game. we're measuring different animals. let's just say i agree with you 100%. that's a good number.

Status
Not open for further replies.