NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know what you mean.

It's more or less like the Seahawks gave it to them.

However, that rookie corner that made the interception deserves some credit.
Great play but it never should have come to it. I was shaking my head and telling my wife, "Well, another bad year for my AFC" when I saw the formation and before I could pull my jaw together it was over.

But I don't feel that celebratory. I almost feel badly for Seattle fans. Well...no, but almost.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Great play but it never should have come to it. I was shaking my head and telling my wife, "Well, another bad year for my AFC" when I saw the formation and before I could pull my jaw together it was over.

But I don't feel that celebratory. I almost feel badly for Seattle fans. Well...no, but almost.

:mock: '12th man'

:rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:mock: '12th man'

:rolleyes:
:) Yeah. On the one hand you have an impossible catch to set up a game ending play and on the other hand you have that game ending play. Which seemed less likely? :think:

The only thing that slightly taints my enjoyment is the fact one idiot or another will try to use this to declare Brady the greatest ever.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:) Yeah. On the one hand you have an impossible catch to set up a game ending play and on the other hand you have that game ending play. Which seemed less likely? :think:
I'll go with that crazy bobble catch. But not by much.

The only thing that slightly taints my enjoyment is the fact one idiot or another will try to use this to declare Brady the greatest ever.

What taints my enjoyment is deflate-gate.

On Brady, it's a mix because he had a couple bad picks but he played well most of the game so I'd say the net effect would be to add to his resume and argument as being the greatest ever. 6 Super Bowls and 4 wins and the losses were close. Nothing beats that. But a career is more than just the Super Bowls so there can still be arguments.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Darrell Bevell is the offensive coordinator of the Seahawks.

If you go to Bevell's Wikipedia page HERE, it says the following:

"He is responsible for making a terrible call which lost the Seahawks Super Bowl 49."

Wow, that was quick.

drbrumley

Darrell Bevell is the offensive coordinator of the Seahawks.

If you go to Bevell's Wikipedia page HERE, it says the following:

"He is responsible for making a terrible call which lost the Seahawks Super Bowl 49."

Wow, that was quick.

I hope he will have police protection from here on out

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is funny:

"Hi! My name is Marshawn Lynch and I'm the baddest RB on the planet. It's 2nd and goal from the one with less than a minute left in the Super Bowl and we've got two timeouts. But I'm not here to score the winning TD, I'm just here so I don't get fined."

drbrumley

This is funny:

"Hi! My name is Marshawn Lynch and I'm the baddest RB on the planet. It's 2nd and goal from the one with less than a minute left in the Super Bowl and we've got two timeouts. But I'm not here to score the winning TD, I'm just here so I don't get fined."

LOL!!!!! No doubt

drbrumley

From twitter

Worse call? Carroll running LenDale White on 4th down vs Texas or not running Lynch on 2nd and goal tonight?

drbrumley

G.B. Packers Fans ‏@titletownpack · 28 minutes ago
At 1-yard line with no TOs in Ice Bowl, Lombardi ran a wedge play. "If you can't get a yard, you don't deserve to be a champion."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...On Brady, it's a mix because he had a couple bad picks but he played well most of the game so I'd say the net effect would be to add to his resume and argument as being the greatest ever.
I don't think there's much of an argument. He just passed Joe in tds and it only took him 50% more games to do it. :rolleyes: He won the first three by fgs and his post season numbers at position aren't as good as Peyton. And Peyton isn't the greatest to play the game either. Both played in a much easier era at the position even before you get to the breakdown on those numbers.

6 Super Bowls and 4 wins and the losses were close.
A great qb and a great coach on solid teams. But you'll never convince me that Montana would have taken the greatest scoring offense in NFL history into a Super Bowl against what no one is calling one of the greatest defenses in NFL history and have been held to seven points going into the fourth quarter.

Going into tonight's game

Brady: 5 games, 9tds, 2 ints 93.8 rating.

Montana: 4 games, 11 tds, 0 ints, 127.8 rating

Nothing beats that. But a career is more than just the Super Bowls so there can still be arguments.
Sure. There's regular season play and overall playoff play and a consideration of both teammates and the opposition. I think once you get into the top tier of qbs you can make all sorts of arguments and there's no ultimate metric, but I still say if you want a sure winner in the most pressure packed environment it's hard to argue against Joe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think there's much of an argument. He just passed Joe in tds and it only took him 50% more games to do it. :rolleyes: He won the first three by fgs and his post season numbers at position aren't as good as Peyton. And Peyton isn't the greatest to play the game either. Both played in a much easier era at the position even before you get to the breakdown on those numbers.

A great qb and a great coach on solid teams. But you'll never convince me that Montana would have taken the greatest scoring offense in NFL history into a Super Bowl against what no one is calling one of the greatest defenses in NFL history and have been held to seven points going into the fourth quarter.

Going into tonight's game

Brady: 5 games, 9tds, 2 ints 93.8 rating.

Montana: 4 games, 11 tds, 0 ints, 127.8 rating

Sure. There's regular season play and overall playoff play and a consideration of both teammates and the opposition. I think once you get into the top tier of qbs you can make all sorts of arguments and there's no ultimate metric, but I still say if you want a sure winner in the most pressure packed environment it's hard to argue against Joe.

i agree. also, 49'ers had great coaching, drafting, players, etc. it almost has to be a complete package. montana was so accurate, even with his smaller stature. it was a great game. i thought that crazy, silly luck i spoke of in posts before, about pete carroll, was happening. almost another "immaculate reception".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
i agree. also, 49'ers had great coaching, drafting, players, etc. it almost has to be a complete package. montana was so accurate, even with his smaller stature. it was a great game. i thought that crazy, silly luck i spoke of in posts before, about pete carroll, was happening. almost another "immaculate reception".
And to give Brady his due, ints aside he played a great game.

C/ATT: 37/50

YDS: 328

AVG: 6.6

TD: 4

INT: 2

RTG: 101.1

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber