New Low From Trump

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Kindle fire tablets.......

Kindle fire tablets.......

What is a kindle? I head that term before, but what is it?

and what is a fire tablet?

Hi Kat,

It's an e-reader and internet tablet....the current 5th generation basic kindle fire tablet is 7".....they have larger models too. Go here.

See our thread on kindle fire tablets here too :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Unless that was tongue-in-cheek, the Amazon Kindles do not catch on fire. The use of the "Fire" in the product brand probably suggests they are hot stuff, spiffy, etc.

AMR
Yes, it was rather tongue in cheek, or cheeky trope tongue set to type? Who knows for sure. :idunno:I do not have any of these new gadgets. Really feeling may age these days.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, it was rather tongue in cheek, or cheeky trope tongue set to type? Who knows for sure. :idunno:I do not have any of these new gadgets. Really feeling may age these days.

Rather than considering one of the Kindle Fire brands, which have web browsers and lots of apps as in a small computer tablet in your hand, consider one of the Amazon Paperwhite devices:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVZDJM

They are essentially for electronic book (eReader) reading only and have high resolutions and lighting for mimicking the printed page. You essentially can carry around hundreds of books in a 6" lightweight device that can be read in direct sunlight or at night with no issues.

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Rather than considering one of the Kindle Fire brands, which have web browsers and lots of apps as in a small computer tablet in your hand, consider one of the Amazon Paperwhite devices:

They are essentially for electronic book (eReader) reading only and have high resolutions and lighting for mimicking the printed page. You essentially can carry around hundreds of books in a 6" lightweight device that can be read in direct sunlight or at night with no issues.

AMR
Took my Paperwhite to read on the trip to and from New York. Excellent choice. :) :poly:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Fire away........

Fire away........

AMR

:thumb:

I've yet to get a basic kindle e-reader model.....just fire models so far. I'm on my 3rd generation kindle fire HDX which is my usual companion.....Love the high def screen resolution, but the glare can be an issue for reading books on it....I just adjust the brightness a bit or turn the screen at a certain angle to deflect glare. This is where the Paperwhite excels, but I like having a full color internet tablet with all its perks. I also have the current 5th generation 7" standard kindle fire tablet priced at an affordable $50....which is a super buy for all you get...with sd memory card slot too for extra storage.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Vote of conscience....or strategy? Or both

Vote of conscience....or strategy? Or both

And you can write in, i voted today and didnt vote for either trump or hillary - i hope enough people choose something else and send a message.

Definitely! This is the aim of many voting for 3rd parties and emphasized a lot by Jill. Besides the 2 main parties..... My Oregon ballot has Gary Johson and Jill Stein on it....and room for one 'write in'. I think the Green Party is on almost all state ballots but a few. Some argue that voting 3rd party will work to give or deprive one of the main party votes....but it's a matter of your own vote of conscience. Otherwise one could strategize with voting for Hilary or Trump...to give one or the other an advantage in such a tight race. It's kind of a toss up if you follow me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hillary thanks you and A4t
Well, I've about evenly split my votes between the two parties in presidential elections, so there's no real reason for you to think that...but then, there's just no telling what you Trumpets will consider reasonable...stealing elections, man never landing on the moon...sexual assaults as locker room banter.

You never know. :nono:

ClimateSanity

Well, I've about evenly split my votes between the two parties in presidential elections, so there's no real reason for you to think that...but then, there's just no telling what you Trumpets will consider reasonable...stealing elections, man never landing on the moon...sexual assaults as locker room banter.

You never know. :nono:

Sexual assaults as locker room banter? If you take him at his word, it was all consensual. I'm not condoning it but if you come up to a woman and start doing those things and she welcomes it and never, ever says no or struggles physically , it isn't assault.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you can write in, i voted today and didnt vote for either trump or hillary - i hope enough people choose something else and send a message.

I know someone who wrote in this guy:

Hotelscom_CaptainObviousRunsforPresident16.jpg

Hey, why take a joke of an election serious?

Arthur Brain

Sexual assaults as locker room banter? If you take him at his word, it was all consensual. I'm not condoning it but if you come up to a woman and start doing those things and she welcomes it and never, ever says no or struggles physically , it isn't assault.

Uh, no it wasn't. You're either naive or giving the guy one hell of a pass to do as he stated. Have you forgotten that laughably scripted and public "apology" so soon?

The Berean

You can write in here, but I've heard that isn't true everywhere. I'll be voting on election day. Not sure who I'm going to write in. . . my dad, maybe. :)

Here in California the state has officially listed five candidates as offical write-in candidates. Any ballot with another write-in candidate will not be counted. Does your state do something similar?