New atheist here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibby

Looking to read some stuff from the other side, but I can't seem to find the search function...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:wave2: Welcome.

There is a search button on the top menu bar thing.

Are you interested in any topics? You might be able to get some recommendations.

What kind of atheist are you? Strong? Weak?

Shibby

:wave2: Welcome.

There is a search button on the top menu bar thing.

Are you interested in any topics? You might be able to get some recommendations.

What kind of atheist are you? Strong? Weak?

Strong. I have a lot of discussions with a strong christian at work. At this time I am looking for analysis of biblical prophecies.

Is the search button a sub category or is it called something else?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Strong. I have a lot of discussions with a strong christian at work. At this time I am looking for analysis of biblical prophecies.

Is the search button a sub category or is it called something else?

Well, egbert has just informed me that the Search feature is only available for Registered Plus users. So you will need to wait a little until you can get that status. You don't have to subscribe or anything. I think it is related to your number of posts and/or rep power.

There are definitely some threads about biblical prophecies. I think mainly Messianic prophecies and Christ.

Shibby

Thanks for the links.

Me being a strong atheist pretty much comes down to, it's just the way it is. I was raised going to church, but I never really bought into it. It always sounded like a stories at the same level as any fiction author would right. I don't mean that in an offensive way or in a way to down play your beliefs. That's just my example.

The main reason I came here was a referral by someone on a fitness board I moderate. The guy at my work referred me to tektonics.org/, but honestly he doesn't know much about forums and discussion boards. So I went with the guy I knew had experience on forums.

joky

Hi

Hi

Hi, :rain:
I am a new user here.
I want to say hello to all.
I am joky. 26 years old Bangladeshi.
I am a business man.
I am a good responsible person.:guitar:

Shai Gar

Gday, I'm a new user myself. I'm mostly here now for the arguments, it can get pretty decent but you need to keep your cool and your rationality about you at all times, no matter how insane some of the fundie accusations get.

There are some decent threads here. What sort of analysis are you after?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looking to read some stuff from the other side, but I can't seem to find the search function...

There are times when I use google to search theologyonline. As an example if I wanted to find a thread on calvanisim, I would type "theologyonline calvanisim" into the search window. sometimes it works pretty well.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was raised going to church
I have a question; did you believe God knew the future exhaustively when you were a Christian? In other words, did you believe God was timeless/outside of time/omniscient/foreknew the future or foresaw the future/had meticulous control of all events and movements/foreordained everyone's salvation before the foundation of the earth?

This isn't a scientific survey, but just a curiosity of mine.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, to add to Delmar's post. If you put "site:www.theologyonline.com search term" (minus the quotes) in google, you will search only this site. It works rather well, and I use it sometimes instead of TOL's intrinsic search.

Shibby

I have a question; did you believe God knew the future exhaustively when you were a Christian? In other words, did you believe God was timeless/outside of time/omniscient/foreknew the future or foresaw the future/had meticulous control of all events and movements/foreordained everyone's salvation before the foundation of the earth?

This isn't a scientific survey, but just a curiosity of mine.

I guess I kind of imagined him within our atmosphere but in a different plane of existence. I now know that I tried to think of him only because it was expected of me, not because I believed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.