NBA 2015-16

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jack was a very happy camper this morning.

James had an impressive night overall, nearly pulling off a triple double...and that was about it for the Cavs. Love took seventeen shots to make seventeen points and was smothered at the three line. Cleveland owned the boards but their shot selection was awful as a team and it showed up in the difference making fg%, where GS owned the night 49% to a woeful Cav's 38%. The biggest contributor to the lop sided nature of the win was found on the pine, with the GS bench out producing Cleveland 45 - 10. In a fifteen point win, that's your ballgame and then some...before we even get to turnovers and points off, which was about as ridiculous. Lastly, the Cavs need more ball movement. They should take a serious look at the 17 -29 assist deficit and wonder why they chose game one to revert to their weaker, early season form.

Cleveland, win or lose in the second game, needs to make a clear statement that it's a better team that it did last night or this series will be lucky to make five.

The Berean

Cleveland, win or lose in the second game, needs to make a clear statement that it's a better team that it did last night or this series will be lucky to make five.
IMO the Cavs have to win Game 2 to have any shot at winning this series. If the Cavs go down 2-0 they would then need to win 4 of 5 games to win the title. That's not going to happen.

SaulToPaul 2

Jack was a very happy camper this morning.

James had an impressive night overall, nearly pulling off a triple double...and that was about it for the Cavs. Love took seventeen shots to make seventeen points and was smothered at the three line. Cleveland owned the boards but their shot selection was awful as a team and it showed up in the difference making fg%, where GS owned the night 49% to a woeful Cav's 38%. The biggest contributor to the lop sided nature of the win was found on the pine, with the GS bench out producing Cleveland 45 - 10. In a fifteen point win, that's your ballgame and then some...before we even get to turnovers and points off, which was about as ridiculous. Lastly, the Cavs need more ball movement. They should take a serious look at the 17 -29 assist deficit and wonder why they chose game one to revert to their weaker, early season form.

JR Smith was MIA.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So Steph Curry and Klay Thompson combine to score just 20 points yet the Warriors beat the Cavs by 15 points (up 20 late in the 4th)? Alrighty then.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

Game 2 tonight. :banana:

It worries me that a bunch of people are completely jumping off the Cavs and saying that the Warriors are going to win in 4 or 5 now. I feel like Cleveland is going to dominate game 2. And then everyone will jump back over to the other side. :doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
[
JR Smith was MIA.
Who? :plain:
Game 2 tonight. :banana:

It worries me that a bunch of people are completely jumping off the Cavs and saying that the Warriors are going to win in 4 or 5 now. I feel like Cleveland is going to dominate game 2. And then everyone will jump back over to the other side. :doh:
Could be a lot of heavily taped ankles before this one is over. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What a performance by Golden State. They look like an 80s super power right now.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cavs have to win 4 of 5 games and I just don't see that happening.

I can't believe how much better the Warriors are than last year.

Last year, the Cav's were up 2-1, and that was without Irving and Love.

This year, the Cav's have Irving and Love, and are getting blown out.

Maybe that 73-9 wasn't a fluke, and/or that series with the Thunder "woke up" the Warriors.

Oh well.....looks like the city of Cleveland will add another year to their combined 159-season championship drought (Browns, Indians, Cav's)