NBA 2015-16

The Berean

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is too early for me being as I am entrenched in football. Maybe the Warriors can hit that magical 70 win season.

The Berean

There's already talk about the Warriors winning 70 games. People are already comparing this Warriors team to the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls team that won 72 games.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just wanted to give mad props to the Golden State Warriors

Two days ago, I said to myself: "I wonder why The Berean hasn't started an NBA thread since his Warriors are undefeated.

Low and behold, you did.

Anyways, what will happen first:

A) The Warriors lose a game
B) The 76'ers win a game

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last year the Golden State Warriors won 67 games.

Only five teams have won more during the regular season:

1) 72-10 Chicago Bulls 1996

2 & 3) 69-13 Los Angeles Lakers 1972, and Chicago Bulls 1997

4) 68-13 Philadelphia 76'ers 1967

5) 68-14 Boston Celtics 1973

**** The '96 and '97 Bulls won 141 games in two years. To tie that two year record, the Warriors would have to win 74 games this year.

The Berean

Two days ago, I said to myself: "I wonder why The Berean hasn't started an NBA thread since his Warriors are undefeated.

Low and behold, you did.

:rotfl:

Anyways, what will happen first:

A) The Warriors lose a game
B) The 76'ers win a game
The 76ers almost won last night. Looking at the Warriors schedule they have a good shot at being 20-0. I know right now it's still a long ways to the Lakers 33-game winning streak. But the Warriors could tie the Lakers' record on Christmas Day against the LeBron and the Cavs. Can you imagine if the Warriors had a 32 game winning streak going into that game? It would be a crazy hyped game for sure.

The Berean

In other NBA news this N.Y. Knicks Latvian rookie Kristaps Porzingis is taking the league by storm. This kid is only 20 years old and 7'3". I haven't seen a guy this tall move like that since Ralph Sampson!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...cks-rookie-kristap-porzingis-success-surprise

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...tereotype-of-soft-european-players-1.11162671

563a69b81800002a00303dcc.jpeg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...and also not unexpected. Kobe is 37 years old and in his 20th NBA season. Kobe is just the 5th player in NBA history to play 20 seasons. The NBA is a young man's game.

The Lakers are 2-12, and have the worst record in the West.

Yet, Kobe is the highest paid player in the NBA.

Back in the late 40's and early 50's, the Pirates had Ralph Kiner. Kiner led the NL in home runs seven years in a row, but the Pirates finished in last place most of those years.

One year, Kiner asked for a raise. The owner told him: "we finished in last place with you, we can finish in last place without you"

How much worse could the Lakers be without Kobe? Why pay a player 25 million a year when you are 2-12, and show no signs of finishing better than last place in the Western Conference?

If I owned the Lakers, I would drop Kobe like a bag of dirt.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Back in the late 40's and early 50's, the Pirates had Ralph Kiner. Kiner led the NL in home runs seven years in a row, but the Pirates finished in last place most of those years.

One year, Kiner asked for a raise. The owner told him: "we finished in last place with you, we can finish in last place without you"

How much worse could the Lakers be without Kobe? Why pay a player 25 million a year when you are 2-12, and show no signs of finishing better than last place in the Western Conference?

He's just a name and a face and jersey. He sells tickets ?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

It's sad to see Kobe's career ending like this. He should announce now that he's retiring after this year and have a farewell tour. I don't understand why he's so bad this year. He can't make a shot.

The Berean

The Warriors win again against the Phoenix Suns 134-116 to go to 17-0 on the season. The Warriors have now won 21 straight regular season games, the fourth longest winning streak in NBA history.

33 wins 1971-72 Lakers
27 wins 2012-13 Miami Heat
22 wins 2007-08 Houston Rockets
21 wins 2015-16 Golden State Warriors*
20 wins 1948-49 Washington Capitals*
20 wins 1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks

*Over two seasons.