My convictions of my faith in Christ.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jamie, not many folks around here are religious, but nearly everybody respects Jehovah's Witnesses. They are completely trustworthy, honest, fair, decent, law-abiding and peaceful.

And their bravery in their faith is a matter of recorded history.

Yes, they practice what they preach. They are not lip servers.

eider

..................I'm not a member of any church, we go to house meetings like Jesus and his disciples did in the Bible...................

That reminds me of the Quakers, and also the Brethren Some of the Brethren here have 'closed' groups and tend not to accept converts. But House meetings are really good because, like Jesus's they are such close and friendly groups.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No I don't believe that Jesus is Michael either, but I wouldn't condemn anyone, I believe that we are to speak the truth and God will do the judging.

The Father does not judge people and Jesus does not judge unbelievers.

I don't condemn anyone, people do that themselves.

eider

Yes, they practice what they preach. They are not lip servers.

I agree.
I notice, here, that some believers trash other believers and their faiths, and I don't think that this shows such believers to be true.

Jesus didn't trash anybody; even when he was debating hotly with the priesthood he kept his words simply factual.

marhig

That reminds me of the Quakers, and also the Brethren Some of the Brethren here have 'closed' groups and tend not to accept converts. But House meetings are really good because, like Jesus's they are such close and friendly groups.
We're not anything, we just love God and follow Jesus, and anyone is welcome in our meeting, whoever they are. We just get together and read the Bible and talk about the things of God. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi.... but you quoted Deuteronomy to make your point. You used a book, the laws and commands of which you have set aside for the New Testament.

Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible and said that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

I use the Hebrew Bible quite a bit, don't you?

marhig

The Father does not judge people and Jesus does not judge unbelievers.

I don't condemn anyone, people do that themselves.

The father is the righteous judge, so yes he does judge us, and we are judged on whatever we do in our lives, good or bad.

And everyone is judged by the word of God, and God knows who has heard the truth and accepted or rejected it.

marhig

Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible and said that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness*that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

I agree, I believe that all God's word is the truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you got a source for the above, from the bible, please?

Jesus said, "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:22-23)

"And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:47-48)

God's Truth

That's cool..... so if any Christians go cherry-picking in the OT to justify actions now, whilst ignoring OT laws etc that they don't like, then it's going to look absolutely wrong..... yeah?

It's all about integrity.

Well, we have to understand what happened in the New Testament. We do not have to get circumcised in the flesh anymore because but we are to get circumcised in the heart. We do not have to do various external washings anymore just to go worship God, for Jesus washes us and lives inside us. We do not have to adhere to a dietary law to belong to God, and we do not have to observe special days, for all those special days were about Jesus, we observe him all day every day.

We have a new law and it is called the law of Christ. The new law is the old law with some changes.

Jesus came to earth and gave us the teachings and guidelines for the new law, the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

eider

Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible and said that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
But none of those terms signify that commands from Deuteronomny can be used to justify acts in the New Covenant. Christians are bannned, by the Divine Words of God, from killing.

If any Christians deciode that they can extract and use such verses, then they might find it difficult to discard or ignore the 613.

Nope. KJV here.

By the way, obviously 2 Timothy is Gods Word, but historical language translators and experts are worried that Saint Paul might not have written 2 Timothy. Obviously I'm not qualified to make further comment than that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But none of those terms signify that commands from Deuteronomny can be used to justify acts in the New Covenant. Christians are bannned, by the Divine Words of God, from killing.

If any Christians deciode that they can extract and use such verses, then they might find it difficult to discard or ignore the 613.

You missed the point that it was Christ who told the people to kill adult male Canaanites.

Today we don't kill Canaanites so we comply. ISIS, different story.

Jesus was right, he didn't come to bring peace.

eider

......We do not have to adhere to a dietary law to belong to God.......
If you don't want to then you don't want to, but Christians are ordered NOT to eat blood or meat with blood, or strangled meat. There may be other laws as well..... yes, meats offered to idols (!)
ACTS 15:20 ACTS 15:29

We have a new law and it is called the law of Christ. The new law is the old law with some changes.
The New Covenant law is very very different from the old laws.

Jesus came to earth and gave us the teachings and guidelines for the new law, the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.
Jesus gave the entire New Covenant Laws. His Ordained Prophets and Apostles just did some of the writing. :)

marhig

Nope. KJV here.

By the way, obviously 2 Timothy is Gods Word, but historical language translators and experts are worried that Saint Paul might not have written 2 Timothy. Obviously I'm not qualified to make further comment than that.

I read the KJV too. :) And I too agree that we are not to kill. Jesus taught us to love one another not to hurt or kill. God is love.

God's Truth

Hi Gt,

Many who believed in Jesus turned away, we can turn back to our old life. We are sealed by the Spirit as long as we walk in the Spirit and worship God in Spirit and in truth and obey God. But if we turn back again to our old fleshly ways and put ourselves before God, then we are the ones who make the choice to put our lives before the will of God, and their are many who have done this, I know a couple who met in church, they have been together a long while, and they are now both atheists, are they eternally saved?

I hope that they will be, but we can't say that they are, I hope that they will turn to God again. We are just flesh, I pray to God always to keep me and to give me strength to overcome Satan every day, because I know that I can't do it without Christ and without the power of Gods Spirit in my heart. And I thank our Lord Jesus for showing us the way.

Many who profess to be saved love their flesh. You will know those who are truly being saved because they will be doers of the word and living by the will of God. If we're not, then we are just giving lip service and we are false witnesses.

We can know now if we are saved. Jesus reconciles us to God. How do you not know you are saved if you are reconciled to God and He is living inside you?

marhig

You missed the point that it was Christ who told the people to kill adult male Canaanites.

Today we don't kill Canaanites so we comply. ISIS, different story.

Jesus was right, he didn't come to bring peace.
Jesus did come to bring peace, he is the prince of Peace. And he brings peace to all who belong to him.

John 14

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

When he said he came not to bring peace but a sword, he was talking about the word of God separating. Because once we bring God's word to others there are some who reject it, even those of our own families. I have experienced this.

But we are to hold on to the hope that they will one day believe. But I have never felt peace in my heart like I do now. And I know that I'm truly blessed.

God's Truth

I like the way that you write, as well as Marhig.
Thank you for your kindness; I write much here and hope to say something about God and the Bible others will enjoy.
My question is this:- If you know that you are saved, then you do not have a Faith.... you have a Certitude.
I have faith that I was saved with, faith that Jesus is in heaven above everything, and that his blood did clean me of all my sins. I also have faith in everything that he says, so much so that I do what he says. He says we can be saved now, and I know it is true.

Most Christians live in Faith, which of course is a very intense Hope, really.

Because of this, I perceive that you are unusual amongst Christians. Do you see my point?

I don't know about it being unusual to believe you are saved now. Have you been around those who teach you cannot know? Is that where your idea comes from? The Bible tells us many times that we can be saved now.

marhig

We can know now if we are saved. Jesus reconciles us to God. How do you not know you are saved if you are reconciled to God and He is living inside you?
I know that I'm being saved now through Christ and by the power of the spirit I'm overcoming my flesh, and my life has changed completely. But I also know that I have to keep my faith and endure to the end to be eternally saved. And I leave my eternal salvation in God's hands and pray always for him to give me the strength to overcome my flesh.

Even Jesus himself said that the father never leaves him because he always does what pleases him. So this shows us that if we don't do what pleases God, and go against his will and disobey him then he can leave us.