My convictions of my faith in Christ.

eider

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Jude 1:23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Thankyou for that.
I like those words, just as they are shown in the bible.

Thankyou again for that.

eider

I go by no Creeds from humans, and no nowadays Church or denomination, not even nondenominational.

My Church that I belong to is the body of Christ.

Thankyou for your answer.
That's fine. I only asked because Creeds can sometimes help to give a quick idea about a person's faith, that's all.

I don't have a Creed either.

eider

Because you claim to be a Christian. Everyone who claim His name presenting Jesus, some are true one and some are not.

Hi Meshak. :)
I know we haven't talked much yet, but the strange thing is, that the more stones that get chucked at you, so the more I like you. True!

Your enemies can sometimes be your friends, even when they try not to be.
Jesus is laughing with you, all the way, or so I believe. :)

eider

To be precise, I concentrate on what Jesus says because I am His follower and His servant.

Hello......
Up until now I have concentrated upon what Jesus said and did as reported in the Gospels.
So I'm some way behind you on Christian knowledge, you need to know.

But I'm lrearning.... I'm a late learner. :)

eider

Who are you to judge all Jehovah's witnesses? You don't know all of their hearts!

Very well spoken!
Very well said!
In my opinion they have total conviction, high integrity, high trust and much love.
I'm only sad that I cannot share their faith.

eider

Marhig,

You write beautifully and true things, but we can know now if we are saved, for if you do not know now that you are saved, what is there to hope for? How can you be saved in the end if you are not saved now?

Having a relationship with Jesus Christ now is salvation, and we shall be with him in the end, if we continue in him.

When Jesus comes again, we must be ready.

I like the way that you write, as well as Marhig.
My question is this:- If you know that you are saved, then you do not have a Faith.... you have a Certitude.

Most Christians live in Faith, which of course is a very intense Hope, really.

Because of this, I perceive that you are unusual amongst Christians. Do you see my point?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK? so you interest in Jesus ordering Israelites to beseige a city and stab all males therein is just irrelevent stuff...... yeah?

That was for Meshak's benefit. Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." So Meshak maintains that Jesus came to bring peace.

marhig

I believe in God. :)
But I cannot share my JW friend's particular faith.
Ah right, I see. I believe in God and Christ. But my beliefs are different to mainstream Christianity as I don't believe Jesus is God for one, and I'm not a member of any church, we go to house meetings like Jesus and his disciples did in the Bible. But Jesus said that his brothers and sisters are those who do the will of the father. So those who do God's will and love him from their hearts and love their neighbours as themselves are my brothers and sisters in Christ also. I don't believe that God looks at the denomination, he looks at the heart. And he wants to to love him with our all, and if we truly love him, then we will want to please him and live by his will, have a forgiving heart and love others as Christ did.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I can't help but notice you call evil good and good evil etc.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Strange, it seems all you can believe is in yourself.

that is not humble attitude you have been exhibiting.

Jesus does not approve of arrogant behavior.

marhig

We know their heart by their words and actions. Especially their actions, talk is cheap.
You're right, talk is cheap, and there are thousands of people in every denomination who say that they love God but they don't live it.

There will be JW with good hearts, and only God can know the depths of all our hearts, he is the righteous judge.