My convictions of my faith in Christ.

God's Truth

Ah right, I see. I believe in God and Christ. But my beliefs are different to mainstream Christianity as I don't believe Jesus is God for one, and I'm not a member of any church, we go to house meetings like Jesus and his disciples did in the Bible. But Jesus said that his brothers and sisters are those who do the will of the father. So those who do God's will and love him from their hearts and love their neighbours as themselves are my brothers and sisters in Christ also. I don't believe that God looks at the denomination, he looks at the heart. And he wants to to love him with our all, and if we truly love him, then we will want to please him and live by his will, have a forgiving heart and love others as Christ did.

Jesus also says he will not leave us Fatherless when he said he will not leave us as orphans. Jesus also says we will be his children. That makes Jesus exactly like God the Father.

marhig

Jesus also says he will not leave us Fatherless when he said he will not leave us as orphans. Jesus also says we will be his children. That makes Jesus exactly like God the Father.

Those who are born of God are not left fatherless, if we are born of God then we have a father. And yes Jesus is exactly like God the Father. But I believe that God is the head of Christ, as it says in the Bible. And even Jesus himself calls the father his God and father, and he calls the disciples his brethren. If they are his brethren, and we are his brothers and sisters, then the father is the father of all of us, Jesus included and he is the God of all of us also.

I know that you don't see this as I do, but this is my beliefs GT and I know it's the truth.

God's Truth

Hi.... but you quoted Deuteronomy to make your point. You used a book, the laws and commands of which you have set aside for the New Testament.

Even what you wriote above is set aside, because when Jesus was crucified he fulfilled all testiomony and the New Covenant was set in place.

Here is your law for now, and you are banned from killing. Any killing.

JAMES 2:11 MATTHEW 5:21 MATTHEW 19:18 MARK 10:19 LUKE 18:20 ROMANS 13:9

When you use all capital letters for the Books and Letters, people cannot hover their curser over it and read the scriptures. Just letting you know.

As for bringing up anything in the Old Testament to teach and or rebuke someone...we can do that.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

God's Truth

But none of those terms signify that commands from Deuteronomny can be used to justify acts in the New Covenant. Christians are bannned, by the Divine Words of God, from killing.

If any Christians deciode that they can extract and use such verses, then they might find it difficult to discard or ignore the 613.

Nope. KJV here.

By the way, obviously 2 Timothy is Gods Word, but historical language translators and experts are worried that Saint Paul might not have written 2 Timothy. Obviously I'm not qualified to make further comment than that.

We can know if what the Bible says is true because Jesus reveals it.

God's Truth

If you don't want to then you don't want to, but Christians are ordered NOT to eat blood or meat with blood, or strangled meat. There may be other laws as well..... yes, meats offered to idols (!)
ACTS 15:20 ACTS 15:29

Of course people can pervert anything. We are told not to be perverted with our food. That is not the same as saying we do not have a dietary law as they did in the old law.

The New Covenant law is very very different from the old laws.

There are things you can say from the Old Testament and it be true forever.

The New Testament is the Old Testament fulfilled. Many times the Old Testament is quoted by the writers of the New Testament.

Jesus gave the entire New Covenant Laws. His Ordained Prophets and Apostles just did some of the writing. :)

Right.

God's Truth

I read the KJV too. :) And I too agree that we are not to kill. Jesus taught us to love one another not to hurt or kill. God is love.

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Paul is speaking to believers. Paul is telling believers that if they do wrong, then it is right for them to be put to death by our government.

Romans 13:6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.

Here also is Peter telling you the same thing.

1 Peter 2:14
or to governors, who are sent by him topunish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right

God's Truth

Those who are born of God are not left fatherless, if we are born of God then we have a father. And yes Jesus is exactly like God the Father. But I believe that God is the head of Christ, as it says in the Bible. And even Jesus himself calls the father his God and father, and he calls the disciples his brethren. If they are his brethren, and we are his brothers and sisters, then the father is the father of all of us, Jesus included and he is the God of all of us also.

I know that you don't see this as I do, but this is my beliefs GT and I know it's the truth.

Jesus is the Rock that fathers us.

Jesus also says we will be his children.

That is scripture, just like it is scripture where Jesus says those who obey are his mother and brother.

Truster

Wow!
I like Meshak better with every stone that you folks throw.

I'm not throwing stones. I'm delivering truths, but just like a stone, thrown at something hard, they just bounce off her stony heart.

Last edited:

eider

I don't know about it being unusual to believe you are saved now.
Hello GT... :)
I liked all of your post, but the above especially interests me.
Yes...... That is the norm, I think..... folks 'believe' that they are saved. They have 'Faith'.
Have you been around those who teach you cannot know?
Yes.... All my life. All I've ever known is Christians who have Faith, apart from a few folks who are absolutely CERTAIN..... they have Certitude. :)
Is that where your idea comes from?
Yes
The Bible tells us many times that we can be saved now.
Yes... it's just that those who believe are not often Certain.

You are amongst a very few people who 'are certain' .... have Certitude.
Your Certainty must make, in you, a most especial person, a strength of character beyond the usual.

Oh... what I couldn't do if I was that sure! :D

God's Truth

Hello GT... :)
I liked all of your post, but the above especially interests me.
Yes...... That is the norm, I think..... folks 'believe' that they are saved. They have 'Faith'.

Yes.... All my life. All I've ever known is Christians who have Faith, apart from a few folks who are absolutely CERTAIN..... they have Certitude. :)

Yes

Yes... it's just that those who believe are not often Certain.

You are amongst a very few people who 'are certain' .... have Certitude.
Your Certainty must make, in you, a most especial person, a strength of character beyond the usual.

Oh... what I couldn't do if I was that sure! :D

I do have a powerful testimony and started to go to online groups just to help others know what I know, but I have mostly been met with those who attack me.

eider

You missed the point that it was Christ who told the people to kill adult male Canaanites.

Today we don't kill Canaanites so we comply. ISIS, different story.

Jesus was right, he didn't come to bring peace.

Hi...
I didn't miss your point, Jamie....
You feel that Jesus agreeing to a mass killing that it is ok to go killing,say, ISIS.
You feel that Jesus doesn't promote peace.
Well, that's just about what you wrote, above.

That's a problem with some Muslims, imo, they feel that Muhammad supports killing.

So some Christian Creeds and some Islam Creeds support killing. Yes?
If that's what you believe, then that's what you believe.

But if Jesus made such commands back then, he also made the 613, and Christians who clutch at the bits they need for reassurance or righteousness, whilst dumping the bits that they can't be bothered with..... oh dear. :)

eider

When you use all capital letters for the Books and Letters, people cannot hover their curser over it and read the scriptures. Just letting you know.
Thankyou. I didn't know that. :)

As for bringing up anything in the Old Testament to teach and or rebuke someone...we can do that.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

But..... I am fairly well acquainted with the 613.
If we remove the 96 laws relating to sacrifice then 517 remain.
If I quoted any one of the 517 to teach, rebuke or correct the average Christian they would most likely 'run' into the protection of the New Covenant! They call out 'There's a New Ciovenant!' :)
If that same Christian wants to justify some action or idea they feel that they can pop back into the 517. I see it all the time.

And so, once a Christian has used Leviticus, Deuteronomy or Exodus to justify themselves, that's it..... I will remind them that they did, every time they run back to the New. :)

I don't judge anybody by my standards. I watch to see what their standards are, and then I assess their characters/spirits by how they hold up to their own standards! :)

God's Truth

Thankyou. I didn't know that. :)
Your welcome.
But..... I am fairly well acquainted with the 613.
If we remove the 96 laws relating to sacrifice then 517 remain.
If I quoted any one of the 517 to teach, rebuke or correct the average Christian they would most likely 'run' into the protection of the New Covenant! They call out 'There's a New Ciovenant!' :)
Well, Jesus did give us the commands for the New Covenant.
If that same Christian wants to justify some action or idea they feel that they can pop back into the 517. I see it all the time.

And so, once a Christian has used Leviticus, Deuteronomy or Exodus to justify themselves, that's it..... I will remind them that they did, every time they run back to the New. :)
Could you give me an example so that I could have a better understanding of what you mean?
I don't judge anybody by my standards. I watch to see what their standards are, and then I assess their characters/spirits by how they hold up to their own standards! :)

You don't judge them according to the New Testament?

eider

Your welcome.
Thanks again

Well, Jesus did give us the commands for the New Covenant.
Yes.... but some Christians still love to quote the Old Covenant Laws when it suits them. :)

Could you give me an example so that I could have a better understanding of what you mean?
I'll try. Real instances are much better, but let's take a pretend incident.
...ok.... suppose a Christian might be ranting in hatred about a man who lives nearby who dressses as a woman, a transvestite. Don't worry about what you think about that, this is a pretend situation!...... another Christian tries to support the transvestite's wishes, but the 1st Christian quotes the bible! Because the 1st Christian cannot find a suitable verse in the NT they plump for the OT, and so quote Deuteronomy 22:5! So the second Christian quotes the verse before that Deuteronomy 22:4 and insists that in future the 1st Christian will always be prepared to help their neighbours load their trucks, cars and lorries! The 1st Christian refuses, explaing that he only obeys the NT laws! L:) It can be very funny, sometimes! :)

You don't judge them according to the New Testament?

There are some Christians who only accept some of the NT,but, yes, I might quote NT law to Christians. But I would quote Kitab I'Aqdas to a Bahai, or the Koran to a Muslim, etc.... :)