MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7)​

It's not my righteousness, it's his righteousness manifest through me.
LOL As if! Titus 3:5 KJV. How do you get the righteousness of God! You need it or else.

Choleric

That's why we need Jesus.

indeed

Jesus says with God anything is possible. Most of us will not be perfect like Jesus but with the Holy Spirit's help He will fill our imperfection part.

that is false. You have no scripture to support that theory. That is the "way that seemeth right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death."

But we have to be careful to strive to be true to Him. He is seeking our sincere heart. God is also merciful. He will not dismiss our effort.

Saved people will love God with their lives, but God cannot save you if you think you are also saving yourself:

Rom_11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Jesus' followers have responsibility to be a good witness for Jesus. If we are trying, it will show in our conduct.

yes, but your conduct is irrelevant to your salvation. You are trying to make yourself good enough instead of just trusting in God for His righteousness:

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
indeed

that is false. You have no scripture to support that theory. That is the "way that seemeth right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death."

Saved people will love God with their lives, but God cannot save you if you think you are also saving yourself:

Rom_11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

yes, but your conduct is irrelevant to your salvation. You are trying to make yourself good enough instead of just trusting in God for His righteousness:

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Hey! I haven't seen you around for a while. Just had to say hi :wave: and GTSY!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
indeed

You can keep your opinion.

good day.

Choleric

Meshak you are deceived. I am not giving you opinion. I am giving you scripture. Can't you see that you are being lied to by the father of lies that your good behavior is part of GOd's plan of salvation?

Please repent of your works based salvation and trust Christ alone before it is too late.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak you are deceived. I am not giving you opinion. I am giving you scripture. Can't you see that you are being lied to by the father of lies that your good behavior is part of GOd's plan of salvation?

Please repent of your works based salvation and trust Christ alone before it is too late.

Her heart seems hardened against the truth of God's Grace. She has decided to go it alone and earn her way to Heaven.

God's Truth

So is 'repent' a non obedience work that you qualify as acceptable?

God's Truth

indeed

How can anyone ever preach what you do that our conduct is irrelevant?

Where does such a teaching come from?

God's Truth

Confessing your sins according to the hijackin of 1 John 1:9 KJV is a testimony that you don't believe they are all forgiven (Colossians 2:13 KJV)!

The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not do the ceremonial/purification works...they did nothing about their sinful condition...they did not do the purification works God said to do.

Dead in sins does not mean the less you do...the more you lie still...the better chance of being saved correctly.

God's Truth

LOL As if! Titus 3:5 KJV. How do you get the righteousness of God! You need it or else.

The works of righteousness were CIRCUMCISION, and the dietary laws, and the observance of special days, and various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals!

Those are the righteous works that no longer matter. It still matters if we obey God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not do the ceremonial/purification works...they did nothing about their sinful condition...they did not do the purification works God said to do.

Dead in sins does not mean the less you do...the more you lie still...the better chance of being saved correctly.

You're wrong again! Amazing. The Gentiles were NEVER under the Law nor were given the Law. Only the Hebrews were given the Law. They were the "Chosen people" of God. The Gentiles? Forget about it.