MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
with gt and gm on ignore
-you get 33 uninterrupted ignore posts
-gm has the record with 10 uninterrupted posts

God's Truth

All GT has to offer:

1) Copious amounts of argumentation.
2) Showing off her angry disposition.
3) Preaching of false doctrine that is contrary to the Holy Bible.
4) Ignorant conclusions.
5) Not willing to answer questions.
6) Unlearned approach in order to make a point.
7) She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about yet, keeps on yakking away.

Can you count to 10?

God's Truth

Back to our theme now. Is it necessary to confess every sin we've ever committed? The answer is, absolutely not.

Why not? Try it. It might not be as hard as you think. Are you a thief? Then confess for being a thief. Are you an adulterer? Then confess for being an adulterer. Are you a murderer? Then confess for being a murderer. Are you full of lust? Then confess that. Are you hateful? Then confess that. Are you contentious and think no one ever loved you? Then confess that.

Confess your sins does not necessarily mean remember every single incident you were sinful. However, you should be able to recognize your sins. If you do not recognize your sins, how will you ask for forgiveness for them and repent?

We must confess, because that is what GOD SAYS TO DO. Lean NOT on what your own understanding is, but just do what HE says, and you will be given understanding.

God's Truth

The "True Believer" has the indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit. We also have the righteousness of Christ. Any fruit, good works/deeds are created by the indwelt Holy Spirit and are to the glory of almighty God.

Anything you do right---it is your obeying the words of God, the Word of God.

The words of God is the WORD OF GOD.

Without the Holy Spirit, we'd be unable to inherit eternal life because our own righteousness is as filthy rags, the Bible says.

The Bible does NOT say obeying is as filthy rags. The Bible says that doing the righteous acts...such as coming to the temple to offer a sin offering---yet NOT really being sorry for your sin and stopping your sin...that is a filthy righteous rag offering. For we must come to God in confession...with the full intentions of stopping a sin.

If you come to Jesus to be saved, and you have a righteous act of, let's say FAITH...then that righteous act called 'faith' is as a dirty rag if you do not obey.

Obedience is not the dirty word. Obedience is not the kill joy. Yes, obedience has been given a bad name because of Satan's schemes, but obedience is not the problem, as you are preaching.

What is the problem? The problem is not having a heart and mind completely obedient to God's words. God says hate what is evil...do you then hate what is evil? How about you act out hating what is evil until finally you get it, because God will make sure you get it, if you do what He says.

The "True Believer" still has his/her flesh to contend with.
Jesus shows us how NOT to contend with the flesh.

Samie

What happens in order for you to get saved and inherit eternal life?

1) Hear the Gospel.
2) Place ALL your faith in Christ as your Savior.
3) You are then, indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit.
4) The Holy Spirit baptizes you (not by water) into the Body of Christ
5) You receive the righteouness of Christ.
Looks like cart before the horse.

Made part of the Body of Christ should be #1.

Christ is our life. So, while separate from Him one is spiritually dead. How can one hear the gospel and place his faith in Christ while dead?

The fact that people can now hear the gospel and place their faith in Christ proves people are already spiritually alive and therefore already part of the Body of Christ, members of the family of God, with their names in the registry of heaven, the book of life.

But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it (Rev 3:5).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Looks like cart before the horse.

Made part of the Body of Christ should be #1.

Christ is our life. So, while separate from Him one is spiritually dead. How can one hear the gospel and place his faith in Christ while dead?

The fact that people can now hear the gospel and place their faith in Christ proves people are already spiritually alive and therefore already part of the Body of Christ, members of the family of God, with their names in the registry of heaven, the book of life.

But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it (Rev 3:5).

No. One must first hear the Gospel then place their faith in Christ. Calvinists believe one must first be regenerated then, they're given the faith to believe. Now, that's putting the cart before the horse. Understand?

Samie

No. One must first hear the Gospel then place their faith in Christ. Calvinists believe one must first be regenerated then, they're given the faith to believe. Now, that's putting the cart before the horse. Understand?
Can you explain how one can hear the gospel while yet spiritually dead, while yet not part of the Body of Christ, and hence NOT in Christ Who told His disciples that apart from Him they can do NOTHING? Are people now better off than His disciples they can, apart from Christ, do SOMETHING (they can hear the gospel and place their faith in Christ), while the disciples can do NOTHING apart from Him?

Made part of the Body of Christ first BEFORE one can do anything. You are putting self first before Christ, and that's cart before the horse. You now understand, brother?
Sam, you obviously lean towards Reformed theology.
I lean towards Christ's theology, Gros. I believe Him saying apart from Him His disciples can do NOTHING. And so with me. I can do NOTHING apart from Christ. And with apostle Paul I can say, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Can you explain how one can hear the gospel while yet spiritually dead, while yet not part of the Body of Christ, and hence NOT in Christ Who told His disciples that apart from Him they can do NOTHING? Are people now better off than His disciples they can, apart from Christ, do SOMETHING (they can hear the gospel and place their faith in Christ), while the disciples can do NOTHING apart from Him?

Made part of the Body of Christ first BEFORE one can do anything. You are putting self first before Christ, and that's cart before the horse. You now understand, brother?
I lean towards Christ's theology, Gros. I believe Him saying apart from Him His disciples can do NOTHING. And so with me. I can do NOTHING apart from Christ. And with apostle Paul I can say, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

So, you deny being a Calvinist?

Choleric

So is 'repent' a non obedience work that you qualify as acceptable?

I addressed this in another thread. Repentance from sin is a work and is not the gospel.

We are told to "repent from dead works" which is to stop all our efforts to be good enough to earn heaven. That is "stop trusting in your own righteousness and start trusting in God.

Repentance for salvation is from dead works and toward God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I addressed this in another thread. Repentance from sin is a work and is not the gospel.

We are told to "repent from dead works" which is to stop all our efforts to be good enough to earn heaven. That is "stop trusting in your own righteousness and start trusting in God.

Repentance for salvation is from dead works and toward God.

I enjoy your posts.