MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
So what is love? An emotion you feel, or an action you take?

An emotion that leads to action.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails (1 Co 13:4–8). :straight:

Spockrates

MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

I know it is not easy task for most of us because Jesus' teachings are super high standards. We don't want to give up our worldly desires. That's why we constantly should pray and try to be true to Jesus in everything we do.

If we are not improving as we get older, we are only giving Him a lip service. Jesus will not accept lukewarm faith.

BTW, I am still very worldly. But I should be improving as time goes.

I see. So having room for improvement means you are not always living according to the commandments, I suppose. So it seems we add both in the same sinking boat, though you are much better at bailing water than me! Still, this boat eventually won't float, so it seems we're both going to drown. Doesn't it?

My thought is this: If such are the requirements, and God does not intend there to be so very few (if any) in heaven, then the logical inference is this process of improving would have to continue after death. For I'm unaware of any who do live so perfectly according to their understandings of God's desires for them.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Spockrates

An emotion that leads to action.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails (1 Co 13:4–8). :straight:

Yes, so are you saying being kind, humble, polite, selfless, patient, hopeful and enduring are requirements of living after death?

exminister

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[We aren't even aware of all our sin until coming to faith (Lev. 4:2, Jn 16:12). It comes to the surface like pond scum. Better keep short accounts with God (Heb. 10:26).] If people are not aware of sin, then they are not to be held accountable. Think again, brother.

You are aware of your every offence toward God. :idunno: You fully appreciate the exceeding sinfulness of your sin. :eek: Ro 7:13

exminister

Playing dodge ball I see. Sorry that you do worry about dying before you confession that one last sin. Don't forget.

:eek:linger:

:yawn: strawman

If you claim a verse of scripture, :listen: be sure it belongs to you (Is. 44:22, 1 Jn 3:14).

Typical SD. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

You remind me of the current crop of politicians who can never answer a direct question.

:rotfl:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[If you claim a verse of scripture, :listen: be sure it belongs to you (Is. 44:22, 1 Jn 3:14).] Typical SD...You remind me of the current crop of politicians who can never answer a direct question.

:rotfl:
:yawn: ad hominem Eph 4:14

If you claim a verse of scripture, :listen: be sure it belongs to you (Mic. 7:19, 1 Jn 3:14).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It would seem that if I must consistently and actually keep the commandments, then I have no hope of entering into eternal life. Is there a plan B for the weak like me?

Plan B is Jesus' grace by whom we are saved. Which of the commandments are you not able to keep?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi, Meshak. I must confess I'm in awe of you being able to give up desire. For me, desires are like feelings. Just as I cannot help what I feel, so too I cannot help what I desire. Though I suppose I sometimes successfully resist acting on my desires.

If you value your soul, don't make Meshak your mentor! Here's what she believes/doesn't believe:

1) She doesn't believe in the Trinity and despises those who do.
2) She claims that the Apostle Paul (one of the writers of the Bible) is an anti-Christ.
3) She despises people who attend church.
4) She has stated that she doesn't know if she is saved and going to Heaven.
5) She only trusts in the books of Matthew through Mark and rejects the rest.
6) She rejects the Gospel, which holds the truth of how to spend eternity with
God in Heaven.
7) She's an enemy of the true Gospel.

Watch out for this woman! You've been warned!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I see. So having room for improvement means you are not always living according to the commandments, I suppose. So it seems we add both in the same sinking boat, though you are much better at bailing water than me! Still, this boat eventually won't float, so it seems we're both going to drown. Doesn't it?

That's why we need Jesus.

Jesus says with God anything is possible. Most of us will not be perfect like Jesus but with the Holy Spirit's help He will fill our imperfection part.

But we have to be careful to strive to be true to Him. He is seeking our sincere heart. God is also merciful. He will not dismiss our effort.

Jesus' followers have responsibility to be a good witness for Jesus. If we are trying, it will show in our conduct.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just because humans have sinned and come short of the glory of God doesn't mean they must continue that way.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Just because humans have sinned and come short of the glory of God doesn't mean they must continue that way.
The standard is the righteousness of God yet

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

You will never reach the standard Romans 3:23 KJV!

What will you do?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7)​

It's not my righteousness, it's his righteousness manifest through me.