MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

God's Truth

If you didn't know you were a sinner, why would you feel the need for a Savior? Obviously, one must realize they're a sinner. The way to eternal life is to, hear the Gospel and place ALL your faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior.

For the same reason John the baptizer asked some who warned them from the coming wrath.

God's Truth

Luke 3:7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

John knew that there were people coming to be baptized for repentance but people who were not really sorry for their sins.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
she believes that you must listen to what the pope says

A type of Jezebel.
lips.gif
Too bad the Jews welcome him like a king (Da 11:14).

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

I bet he'll have you believe that he :eek:linger: fulfills Is 2:3: For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. :freak:

:listen: The real King is coming.

See:

The Millennium—What? Where? When? How? Who? By J. Vernon McGee

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Psalm 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

That doesn't mean you must confess every single sin in order to gain eternal life. It means we must confess (In the beginning) that we are a sinner. Only sinners hear the Gospel and place their Faith in Christ. Everyone is a sinner. In order to gain eternal life we need not confess every sin we have or will commit. Otherwise, if we should die before we confessed every sin, we would not gain entrance to eternal life. Christ paid the price for ALL of humanities sins therefore, all that hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ will inherit eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luke 3:7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

John knew that there were people coming to be baptized for repentance but people who were not really sorry for their sins.

There's only one baptism today in this Dispensation of Grace and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes someone into the Body of Christ.

Spockrates

Ac 2:38, Lk 24:47

Acts 2:38

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

I suppose the meaning of repent is ambiguous. For I've heard some say it is a change of action, yet others say it is a change of mind. But what do you say repentance is?

Spockrates

Jesus said, "But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

The commandments Jesus referred to are the principles of the everlasting covenant. (Hebrews 13:20)

It would seem that if I must consistently and actually keep the commandments, then I have no hope of entering into eternal life. Is there a plan B for the weak like me?

Spockrates

He was saying that we must be willing to admit we are sinners in order to start the process of becoming a member of the Body of Christ. There is no real need to confess every single sin we ever committed because Christ paid for the sins of humanity on the cross of Calvary. If salvation was based upon confession of all sin, what would happen if you should die before confessing each and every sin?

I see. Then why didn't he write, "If we confess our sinfulness" instead of, "if we confess our sins"? Is there perhaps an error in translation?

Spockrates

Bow to him now as Lord and Savior or later as Judge (Ro 14:11).

Thanks for the explanation, but I must confess I'm slow to understand. The words of the biblical passage you cited:

It is written:“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,‘every knee will bow before me;every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

So are you saying it is impossible to repent while sitting, walking, running, reclining or standing? Or do you think getting on one's knees is a metaphor for something other than kneeling?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It would seem that if I must consistently and actually keep the commandments, then I have no hope of entering into eternal life. Is there a plan B for the weak like me?

There is no plan B.

You have nothing to worry if you read His word or teachings and practice what He says.

I know it is not easy task if we are not willing go give up our selfish way of life.
But Jesus says His yoke is easy. His teachings are much lighter than what the world has to offer to people.

The key is if we are willing to give up worldly desire or mentality.

Spockrates

There is no plan B.

You have nothing to worry if you read His word or teachings and practice what He says.

I know it is not easy task if we are not willing go give up our selfish way of life.
But Jesus says His yoke is easy. His teachings are much lighter than what the world has to offer to people.

The key is if we are willing to give up worldly desire or mentality.

Hi, Meshak. I must confess I'm in awe of you being able to give up desire. For me, desires are like feelings. Just as I cannot help what I feel, so too I cannot help what I desire. Though I suppose I sometimes successfully resist acting on my desires.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There's only one baptism today in this Dispensation of Grace and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes someone into the Body of Christ.

You claim to have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. :blabla: What do your fruits look like? :sherlock:

The works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries (Ga 5:19–21).

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Ga 5:22–23).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hi, Meshak. I must confess I'm in awe of you being able to give up desire. For me, desires are like feelings. Just as I cannot help what I feel, so too I cannot help what I desire. Though I suppose I sometimes successfully resist acting on my desires.

I know it is not easy task for most of us because Jesus' teachings are super high standards. We don't want to give up our worldly desires. That's why we constantly should pray and try to be true to Jesus in everything we do.

If we are not improving as we get older, we are only giving Him a lip service. Jesus will not accept lukewarm faith.

BTW, I am still very worldly. But I should be improving as time goes.