Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

Nanja

Post #97

Something to be aware of ! Did you know that one can be prideful in what supposes to be their humility ? This is True when we confess our sinfulness, and ask God for mercy, and when we think because we have done those things, God is now obligated to give us Salvation or Eternal Life, premised on our acts of confession and need of mercy. Many in Apostate Religion trust in that doing such things, it caused God to save them, Folks that is works Salvation !

Now when I read the story of the Publican in Lk 18:9-14 it does not appear to me, that when the Publican left off from praying for Mercy, that he felt now that God must be merciful to him because of his actions, but it does seem that he resigned the matter to be determined as God would be pleased ! He did not seem as though that he just met a condition, and now God is obligated to have Mercy upon him: But how so different it is with todays religionist, who believe that because of their ACTS of confession, repentance, and so forth, they have done what is necessary to receive Everlasting Life !

Beware of this kind of thinking ! For scripture says:

Rom 9:15-15

I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Just as you have shown, right here in these verses, it clearly states that Salvation is not of the will of the individual based on any action he performs, but is exclusively according what God Wills. And also, according to scripture, God's mercy is only for His Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, given them before the world began, His Vessels of Mercy:

Rom. 9:22-23
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It's God's Sovereign Will in Election that determines whom the Blood of Christ was applied to, and those whom it was not. Yet there a many which strive against their maker:

Is. 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

~~~~~

beloved57

Post #97

Just as you have shown, right here in these verses, it clearly states that Salvation is not of the will of the individual based on any action he performs, but is exclusively according what God Wills. And also, according to scripture, God's mercy is only for His Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, given them before the world began, His Vessels of Mercy:

Rom. 9:22-23
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It's God's Sovereign Will in Election that determines whom the Blood of Christ was applied to, and those whom it was not. Yet there a many which strive against their maker:

Is. 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

~~~~~
Amen

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

I have heard it being said that Election is not Salvation but unto Salvation. That is True if we are speaking of conversion or experiential salvation, our personal experience of it, but it is not altogether true, because conversion or experiential salvation depends upon already being saved by the Eternal Purpose of God, even before the world began. This means one is saved, sins forgiven, no condemnation, before they become actual sinners, in Adam and in themselves, by the purpose of God 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

God has saved us according to His Own Purpose and Grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. This is God's own Purpose of Election, the Election of Grace Rom 9:11

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Rom 11:5

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Folks, by this Divine Purpose alone, the Purpose of Election, every elect individual is Saved from the penalty of sin, even before they sin !

Now that is being saved by Election by Divine Purpose.

Also along with that Divine Purpose, The Elect are saved legally before the foundation of the world, and in time by the Cross of Christ. You see, legally before the foundation of the World, Christ according to the engagements of the Everlasting Covenant, was made a legal Surety for all those He was to die for in time, at the Cross ! It was before the foundation of the world that Christ became covenentally obligated for the sins of the elect they would commit in time in Adam and in themselves. The Cross was the Legal basis for the Surety obligation before the world began, and so it is written that He was ordained before the foundation 1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

And thats why His Blood is called the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Its an Everlasting Covenant because it originated from Everlasting, it is the Eternal Purpose Paul writes of Eph 3:11 and the Promises of it were then made Titus 1:2

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Ps 89:3-4,29,36

3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4Thy seed will I establish for ever[Eternal Life], and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

29His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

36His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

The Elect of God, the Seed of Christ, the Antitypical David, have always been sure of Eternal Life based upon the Everlasting Covenant !

The Elect of God are Saved / Justified solely by Grace given them in their Covenant Head / Mediator and Surety Christ Jesus before the world began; that is before any Creation in time, before they ever Believe on Christ.

Titus 3:7
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Every one of the Election of Grace Rom. 9:11 were Justified by Grace alone from Everlasting Rom. 3:24.

These are Truths the natural man cannot comprehend 1 Cor. 2:14!

~~~~~

Nanja

So the Elect are saved Eternally by the Divine Purpose 2 Tim 1:9, and they are saved Legally by the Everlasting Covenant, Christ having been set up for them as an Surety, and Legally by the Cross as an event that happened in time, and all of this before they have Faith, and even before they are born sinners, and enemies of God !

Now Lastly, they are saved experientially by New Birth and by Faith, believing of the Truth. Thats what Paul means by 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Thats Salvation by Grace through Faith [ The belief of the Truth]. That is experimental salvation or conversion, this aspect of salvation, yes faith or belief of the Truth is indispensable !

The word belief here is the greek word pistis and is translated faith 239 times :

conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it

a) relating to God

1) the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ

In this respect Faith is necessary for Salvation, belief in the Truth ! Now Election is unto Salvation in this respect !

This aspect of Salvation is an Applicatory Work of the Spirit of God, and Faith is His producing in one, His Fruit, God said Hosea 14:8

Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.

by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit, they are also born again by Him.

However, there was never a time in the history of any sinner that Christ contracted to die for, they were not forgiven of their sins, reconciled to God, and Justified in His sight, based solely on the Covenant engagements of their Head, Surety and Mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ. So yes it is a time in their salvation History that Faith is Essential to be saved [ experientially and consciously. But if you or i teach that Faith is Essential as a condition to get saved,we are liars and preach a False Gospel, simple as that !

Absolutely! A perfectly explained ending to this two part study!

~~~~~

Nanja

Thanks to God for your fellowship in the Truth.

Thanking Him for yours also, Brother!

You see that none of the enemies of truth responded to this post!

Not surprised, though. Thus far, I haven't witnessed any others here
that have been given understanding of these essential Truths of scripture.

~~~~~

beloved57

Them He also Glorified !

Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Did you know that the elect of God, those Christ died for, when He was raised for their Justification Rom 4:25, and Glorified Acts 3:13

13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

When He was glorified, it was not merely as a private person, but as the head and representative of His seed, or His church chose in Him.

Paul also intimates this here Eph 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

All for whom He died sitteth together with the Glorified Christ, whether they have become believers or not, though they shall become believers in time.

But in a real sense, because Christ is, was , and has been always their head, they are glorified with Him !

Nanja

Them He also Glorified !

Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Did you know that the elect of God, those Christ died for, when He was raised for their Justification Rom 4:25, and Glorified Acts 3:13

13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

When He was glorified, it was not merely as a private person, but as the head and representative of His seed, or His church chose in Him.

Paul also intimates this here Eph 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

All for whom He died sitteth together with the Glorified Christ, whether they have become believers or not, though they shall become believers in time.

But in a real sense, because Christ is, was , and has been always their head, they are glorified with Him !

When Christ was risen and went to heaven, all the elect of God which were chosen in union with Him, their Surety Head before the foundation, went to heaven when He did, and they were glorified with Him: Children of the Highest Luke 6:35; Ps. 82:6. And they, the Body of Christ, were collectively quickened Col. 2:13, already regenerated in Christ, and then are born in time to be born again John 3:3.

~~~~~

beloved57

When Christ was risen and went to heaven, all the elect of God which were chosen in union with Him, their Surety Head before the foundation, went to heaven when He did, and they were glorified with Him: Children of the Highest Luke 6:35; Ps. 82:6. And they, the Body of Christ, were collectively quickened Col. 2:13, already regenerated in Christ, and then are born in time to be born again John 3:3.

~~~~~

When Christ died or was crucified, the elect chosen in Him before the foundation were crucified with Him Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

God reveals this to us by the Gospel, hence Paul says what all true believers can say Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In the greek its I was or have been crucified with Christ ! Its in the perfect tense.

This crucifixion with Christ is also before we become believers, even while we are enemies.

Nanja

When Christ died or was crucified, the elect chosen in Him before the foundation were crucified with Him Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

God reveals this to us by the Gospel, hence Paul says what all true believers can say Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In the greek its I was or have been crucified with Christ ! Its in the perfect tense.

This crucifixion with Christ is also before we become believers, even while we are enemies.

Absolutely!

And we live by Faith in Christ because His Spirit Lives in us Gal. 5:22: 4:6.
His Faithfulness is ours; He Loved the Elect and gave Himself for us.

~~~~~

beloved57

Absolutely!

And we live by Faith in Christ because His Spirit Lives in us Gal. 5:22: 4:6.
His Faithfulness is ours; He Loved the Elect and gave Himself for us.

~~~~~

And of course when Christ was raised from the dead after having been crucified, the elect in union with Him were raised also: This was predicted in the OT, an OT doctrine of the Gospel Isa 26:19

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Also when Christ ascended, so did His church with Him, for scripture reads Eph 2:4-6

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This is an extraordinary truth, because even when the elect were dead in sin by nature, they still had already been ascended with Christ and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places.

Nanja

And of course when Christ was raised from the dead after having been crucified, the elect in union with Him were raised also: This was predicted in the OT, an OT doctrine of the Gospel Isa 26:19

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Also when Christ ascended, so did His church with Him, for scripture reads Eph 2:4-6

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This is an extraordinary truth, because even when the elect were dead in sin by nature, they still had already been ascended with Christ and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places.

Their being elected to Salvation in their Surety and Covenant Head Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22, according to God's Eternal Purpose Eph. 3:11, guaranteed that there was never any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:8, but they were charged to Him instead.

Is. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

So those Christ died for are Justified in God's Sight by Him, their Surety from everlasting.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rom. 5:8-10
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

~~~~~

beloved57

Their being elected to Salvation in their Surety and Covenant Head Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22, according to God's Eternal Purpose Eph. 3:11, guaranteed that there was never any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:8, but they were charged to Him instead.

Is. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

So those Christ died for are Justified in God's Sight by Him, their Surety from everlasting.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rom. 5:8-10
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

Whom are the Blessed ones to whom the Lord will not impute sin?

Romans 4:8

Now many will say right away that it refers to believers, and it does, however they were not always believers, they are born into the world Sinners and enemies.

Now in such a state are they still of the blessed ones to whom the Lord will not charge sin ? Yes they most certainly are, because the reason why God will not impute sin to them is because their sins have already been charged to Christ, and he has already satisfied God's law and justice for them , so they are born into a state of blessedness solely for this reason!

Nanja

Whom are the Blessed ones to whom the Lord will not impute sin?

Romans 4:8

Now many will say right away that it refers to believers, and it does, however they were not always believers, they are born into the world Sinners and enemies.

Now in such a state are they still of the blessed ones to whom the Lord will not charge sin ? Yes they most certainly are, because the reason why God will not impute sin to them is because their sins have already been charged to Christ, and he has already satisfied God's law and justice for them , so they are born into a state of blessedness solely for this reason!

Exactly, and so because these Blessed Ones, God's Sons Eph. 1:4-5; 1 John 3:1, never had any sin imputed to them, they were always in a permanent state of being legally Justified in His Sight.

~~~~~

Nanja

Rom 7:25

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The word mind here is the greek word nous and means:

the mind, comprising alike the faculties of perceiving and understanding and those of feeling, judging, determining

a) the intellectual faculty, the understanding

b) reason in the narrower sense, as the capacity for spiritual truth, the higher powers of the soul, the faculty of perceiving divine things, of recognising goodness and of hating evil

The word serve is the greek word douleuō and means:

to be a slave, serve, do service

a) of a nation in subjection to other nations

2) metaph. to obey, submit to

a) in a good sense, to yield obedience

b) in a bad sense, of those who become slaves to some base power, to yield to, give one's self up to

Now what kind of Mind could serve, obey, or submit to the Law of God ? Well it certainly cannot be the Mind of the Flesh as here Rom 8:7-8

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Now it cannot be made more plainer that the carnal mind cannot serve the Law of God.

What is carnal ? Well it is the greek word sarx and means:

born of natural generation: That means being born naturally, by our Mother, and thats it. Never having been Born Again, but as Jesus says by the flesh or that which is flesh is flesh Jn 3:6

So, it can be derived so far from scripture, that the mind of a man or woman who has never been born again cannot by any means obey or serve God's Law.

Now lets determine what Law means in Rom 7:25 and Rom 8:7

In both scriptures its the greek word nomos and means:

) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

The word Law here in both places is not restricted to the Law of moses or the Ten Commandments, but to any command of God whatsoever.

To Believe on Christ is a command, Thats seen in Acts 16:31

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word believe here is the greek word pisteuō, a verb that means:

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

a) of the thing believed

1) to credit, have confidence

b) in a moral or religious reference

1) used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

2) to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

3) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

2) to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity

a) to be intrusted with a thing

Also it is what they call a imperative which means:

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.

God commands people to believe on His Son 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And the word believe here is in the aorist tense to denote the first one time act of believing initially, where as the command to Love one another is in the present tense to denote a continual state of Loving one another after belief ! All this requires the Mind that serves the Law of God. Where does this Mind come from ? It certainly is not the Mind we are born with by natural generation ! How can one obey the Command to Believe on Christ ? What kind of Mind must they have ?

They must have a New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26-27 which is God-given in New Birth John 3:6-7 to every one of Christ's Elect Seed, chosen in Union with Him from Everlasting Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9, which also were risen together with Him Col. 2:13. So for these Christ Lived and Died for John 1:4, He kept the Law perfectly in their behalf as a free gift of Grace Rom. 5:15,19.

1 Pet. 1:3, 23
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Gal. 4:4-7
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

~~~~~