Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

If Children then heirs !

If Children then heirs !

Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Now Paul here is writing to NT Believers, both jew and Gentile, calling them Children and therefore Heirs, which equates to being Heirs of God, and Joint Heirs with Christ; the same word is used in Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren[jew and gentile believers], as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Remember Isaac is an Co Heir with Abraham Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

This confirms Three things about Isaac, #1 He being an Heir , was also a Child of God, one of the Children, and #2 It confirms that He was a Heir of God, and #3 It confirms that He was a Joint Heir with Jesus Christ according to Rom 8:17 !

Now the Heirs of God Rom 8:17 are also the Sons of God of Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Also these Heirs of God, Sons of God did Live under the Old Testament economy, for we read in Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. He was being led by the Spirit of God with God given Faith !

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Abraham was an Heir of God and Joint Heir with Christ Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

This Promise to Abraham and his seed to be Heir of the World had to be in joint connection with Christ's Heirship of the World Heb 1:2

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Now how else can Abraham and his seed be promised Heirs of the World unless its Joint Heirship with Gods Son who is the appointed Heir of all things ? Also the Church is the Heir of all things because of Christ its Head 1 Cor 3:21-23

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacobs Heirship Heb 11:9;Rom 4:13 depended on them being Heirs of God and Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ Rom 8:17 who God appointed Heir of all things Heb 1:2

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

beloved57

If Children then heirs ! 2

If Children then heirs ! 2

Now understand something, If Abraham and his seed were Heirs under the OLD Testament times as Per Heb 11:7-9 indicates, then they were Sons, Children and had to be led of the Spirit as Per Rom 8:14

Thats because the Sons of God are the same as the Children of God which are Heirs Rom 8:15-17

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

This conclusion should also dismiss the false notion that OT Saints did not have the Spirit of God as do the NT Saints, and it also shows the Unity to the Church, the Body of Christ from OT times into NT times, for Both testamental Saints/Believers are Heirs by the Righteousness of Faith Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Heb 11:7,9 ; James 2:5

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Also being an Heir means inheriting Eternal Life Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Abrahams and his seed, their Heirship was not of things according to this earth, in fact, in that regards they were as the NT Saints are, Strangers and Pilgrims Heb 11:13

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

And they sought after that which was heavenly and eternal Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city; In fact its the same Inheritance in heaven that Peter writes about unto the NT Believers 1 Pet 1:4

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Yes, this is the same heavenly Inheritance Abraham believed God for here Heb 11:8,16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And here Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham[and His Seed] by promise.

And NT Believers as was OT Believers are strangers and pilgrims 1 Pet 2:11

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims[See Heb 11:13], abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

So all Heirs, whether OT or NT are Children of God, and Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ, which makes them His Body the Church !

Nanja

Now understand something, If Abraham and his seed were Heirs under the OLD Testament times as Per Heb 11:7-9 indicates, then they were Sons, Children and had to be led of the Spirit as Per Rom 8:14

Thats because the Sons of God are the same as the Children of God which are Heirs Rom 8:15-17

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

This conclusion should also dismiss the false notion that OT Saints did not have the Spirit of God as do the NT Saints, and it also shows the Unity to the Church, the Body of Christ from OT times into NT times, for Both testamental Saints/Believers are Heirs by the Righteousness of Faith Rom 4:13

Heb 11:7,9 ; James 2:5

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Also being an Heir means inheriting Eternal Life Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Abrahams and his seed, their Heirship was not of things according to this earth, in fact, in that regards they were as the NT Saints are, Strangers and Pilgrims Heb 11:13

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

And they sought after that which was heavenly and eternal Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city; In fact its the same Inheritance in heaven that Peter writes about unto the NT Believers 1 Pet 1:4

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Yes, this is the same heavenly Inheritance Abraham believed God for here Heb 11:8,16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And here Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham[and His Seed] by promise.

And NT Believers as was OT Believers are strangers and pilgrims 1 Pet 2:11

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims[See Heb 11:13], abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

So all Heirs, whether OT or NT are Children of God, and Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ, which makes them His Body the Church !

Amen to this most exhaustive 2-part study: "If Children then heirs!"

All the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5; 2 Tim. 1:9 are the Seed of Abraham whether jew or gentile, OT and NT.
They have Joint Heirship with God's Son as a result of God's choosing and predestining them in Christ to the
Adoption of Children Eph. 1:4-5 to an eternal inheritance Eph. 1:11: "...after the counsel of His Own Will.

So none, by their own will, have the ability to choose to become an heir to Eternal Life based on their performing
of some work or action in the flesh, which may even include exercising their own natural faith / believing Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to this most exhaustive 2-part study: "If Children then heirs!"

All the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5; 2 Tim. 1:9 are the Seed of Abraham whether jew or gentile, OT and NT.
They have Joint Heirship with God's Son as a result of God's choosing and predestining them in Christ to the
Adoption of Children Eph. 1:4-5 to an eternal inheritance Eph. 1:11: "...after the counsel of His Own Will.

So none, by their own will, have the ability to choose to become an heir to Eternal Life based on their performing
of some work or action in the flesh, which may even include exercising their own natural faith / believing Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

Amen, exactly!

beloved57

He is the Author of Our Obedience !

He is the Author of Our Obedience !

Heb 5:9

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

False teachers have corrupted this verse as to make it say that ones obedience is required in order for Christ to become the author of ones Salvation, but thats a lie, Yet He is the Author of Salvation to them obeying Him, thats why they are obeying Him, because He is the Author of their Salvation, Salvation effects obedience. Their obeying Him is the evidence of Him being the Author or causer of their Salvation.

There cold be no obedience unto Him if we are in a lost state, but our Obedience is caused by Him when He gives us of His Spirit, for this is according to the New Covenant Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do[obey] them.

Now notice, in Heb 5:9 the word author is the greek word aitios which means :

I.that which is the cause of anything resides, causative, causing

It agrees with what God says here Ezk 36:27

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

He is causing them to obey or do His Commandments by having put His Spirit in them, thats why they are obeying Heb 5:9 !

Those obeying Him have been given His Spirit to cause it; The same is True here Acts 5:32

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

The Holy Ghost have been given to them obeying Him, because He is the causer of them obeying Him according to scripture Ezk 36:26-27 !

beloved57

He is the Author of Our Obedience !2

He is the Author of Our Obedience !2

He gives us of His Spirit unto the belief of or obedience of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience here and belief of the Truth in 2 Thess 2:13 are one and the same, and the Holy Spirit given by Christ is the Author of Both in the Name of Christ because of the Merits of His Person and Work upon Calvary for them !

Our Evangelical obedience Rom 16:26; 1 Pet 1:22 is Proof that He saved us and caused us to obey Him through the Spirit !

beloved57

Ye Believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !

Ye Believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !

Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Now what this means, by these unbelievers being not of His Sheep, then it means that He did not Satisfy Gods Law and Justice for them, and consequently they are remaining under Gods Condemnation and Wrath as Per Jn 3:18,36, for when Christ died He died for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 and when He rose from the dead, He rose as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Now also when He arose from the dead, it was for or because of their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our[The Sheep] offences, and was raised again for our[Sheep] justification.

But since those Jesus was speaking to were not of His Sheep, then He was not raised for their Justification, and consequently they still remain under the condemnation of their sins under a broken law, therefore the Gospel must be hid from them, because they are lost in their sins, and the Lost believe not 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And once again the Believe not because they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

Zeal of God but not according to Knowledge !

Zeal of God but not according to Knowledge !

Rom 10:1-3

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Many in false religion, are as these jews were, they have a zeal of God, but not according to Knowledge !

There is a Knowledge that accompanies Salvation, the remission of sins Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

The religious jews and the religious folk of now aways have not this Knowledge of Salvation given them, because they are not His People,

and so they go about in their zeal, to establish their own Righteousness and Salvation !

We have True Knowledge when we are given it in conjunction with a Knowledge of the remission of our sins, God sends to the forgiven ones this message Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness/remission of sins:

The word Knowledge in Rom 10:2 and Lk 1:77 are the same word,

The greek word epignōsis and principally means:

I.precise and correct knowledge

A.used in the NT of the knowledge of things ethical and divine

(from 1909 /epí, "on, fitting" which intensifies 1108 /gnṓsis, "knowledge gained through first-hand relationship") – properly, "contact-knowledge" that is appropriate ("apt, fitting") to first-hand, experiential knowing. This is defined by the individual context.

Its the Knowledge that the Gospel makes manifest to them that have Life 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

This Knowledge comes only to them that have forgiveness of sins by the blood of Christ, and to all else, this knowledge is withheld ! and to them, they only can have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge, because they are lost in their sins instead of forgiven of them !

beloved57

Non Imputation of sin !

Non Imputation of sin !

Rom 4:8

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

What is this Blessedness ? What does it mean FOR THEM whom God does not, will not impute,blame,credit with sin ?

First of all it means that their sins have been imputed to someone else, that someone being Christ, their Head and Surety; remember what Isaiah wrote here Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

That word laid is like that word Lay here Paul writes of Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God laid to the charge of Christ their sins, so He cannot Justly turn around and impute them back to them ! Thats why it says God will not impute sin, that looks to the future as well !

God will never count their sins against them, Yet some false teachers tell us that God shall impute sin back on individuals, for whom He once imputed those sins to Christ, thats a lie against Rom 4:8

Also Isa 53:6 is the OT equivalent to the NT 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

His being made sin for us, was by having our sins charged to Him, or the Iniquity of us all was laid upon Him,

Hence everyone whom God does not impute sin Rom 4:8, its because their sins have already been imputed to Christ their Surety, and Blessed is that Man !

beloved57

Non Imputation of sin !2

Non Imputation of sin !2

The Second thing it means, it being the Non Imputation of sin, it means that Christ's Righteousness has been Imputed to them, and heres how we know this Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

This passage is specifically talking about forgiveness of sins by non imputation of sin/iniquity !

Now we shall see the NT Commentary of this passage as Paul is inspired to write it, to quote it, and His quote of Ps 32:1-2, Paul begins the quote with words David did not write, which words are Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

The implication is this, Righteousness without works is Imputed to those it is written of Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The word saying connects what was just stated in Vs 6 with what follows in Vs 7-8, which is the identical quote of David Paul refers to from Ps 32:1-2,

But only Paul reveals a hidden Mystery about those whom God does not and will not impute sin, but charged it to Christ, that Mystery being that also He Imputed Righteousness to them same ones without works, which is again reiterated in 2 Cor 5:21.

Now this tremendously important to grasp, because what it shows is that Righteousness is Imputed before One believes, simply because the Non Imputation of their sins, and the charging them to Christ, was before they believed !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we read and study the scriptures, God has been pleased at times to give us certain light and understanding on a particular portion of scripture; and as we feel the desire to testify to that Truth, it at times is difficult in placing it in any given Thread. So I would like to introduce a thread that is designed for varied Truth's of scripture, not really given to any certain subject, but yet its Truth the same.

The first scripture passage i will begin with is 2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What death is abolished, and what light and immortality is brought to light via the Gospel ?

Now in a real sense Christ hath abolished even physical death, but that only to be the last enemy to be manifested as destroyed at His Second Coming, when it will be declared 1 Cor 15:54-55,51-52

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And at His coming, some Saints will have never tasted of physical death, which will indicate the abolishment of death physically vs

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But yet, even in this present life Christ by His death hath for the elect of God, hath abolished spiritual death, which by nature they are born dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This being dead, is a death that Christ hath abolished. The word abolished is the greek word katargeō and means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Yes, for those whom Christ died and abolished death for, He for them causes spiritual death to cease, He puts an end to it, He annuls or abolishes it. Now How does He do that ?
Inspired by God, interpreted by men.

There are too many discrepancies and contradictions between and among the books of the Bible to claim it is God's revealed Word in any pure form.

There are too many different translations and versions of the Bible for sale in a Christian bookstore.

We do not possess the original texts. We have copies of copies of copies instead. And many of those differ in important ways.

Nanja

Part 1
God laid to the charge of Christ their sins, so He cannot Justly turn around and impute them back to them ! Thats why it says God will not impute sin, that looks to the future as well !

God will never count their sins against them, Yet some false teachers tell us that God shall impute sin back on individuals, for whom He once imputed those sins to Christ, thats a lie against Rom 4:8

Yes, definitely a lie!

Only the sins of God's Election of Grace Rom. 8:33 were imputed to Christ.
But all the rest of humanity will remain in unbelief and die in their sins.

The Second thing it means, it being the Non Imputation of sin, it means that Christ's Righteousness has been Imputed to them, and heres how we know this Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

This passage is specifically talking about forgiveness of sins by non imputation of sin/iniquity !

Now we shall see the NT Commentary of this passage as Paul is inspired to write it, to quote it, and His quote of Ps 32:1-2, Paul begins the quote with words David did not write, which words are Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

The implication is this, Righteousness without works is Imputed to those it is written of Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The word saying connects what was just stated in Vs 6 with what follows in Vs 7-8, which is the identical quote of David Paul refers to from Ps 32:1-2,

But only Paul reveals a hidden Mystery about those whom God does not and will not impute sin, but charged it to Christ, that Mystery being that also He Imputed Righteousness to them same ones without works, which is again reiterated in 2 Cor 5:21.

Now this tremendously important to grasp, because what it shows is that Righteousness is Imputed before One believes, simply because the Non Imputation of their sins, and the charging them to Christ, was before they believed !

Excellent points made!

The Elect of God are a Blessed Chosen People, a remnant from all of humanity Deut. 7:6-7,
Vessels of His Mercy Rom. 9:23, whose sins were imputed to their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus,
and His Righteousness imputed to them 2 Cor. 5:21, and all before they ever believed Rom. 4:6!

~~~~~

beloved57

Part 1
[/YELLOW]

Yes, definitely a lie!

Only the sins of God's Election of Grace Rom. 8:33 were imputed to Christ.
But all the rest of humanity will remain in unbelief and die in their sins.

Excellent points made!

The Elect of God are a Blessed Chosen People, a remnant from all of humanity Deut. 7:6-7,
Vessels of His Mercy Rom. 9:23, whose sins were imputed to their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus,
and His Righteousness imputed to them 2 Cor. 5:21, and all before they ever believed Rom. 4:6!

~~~~~

Yes and because believing is a work, though a spiritual work, righteousness is imputed without that work or Rom 4:6 is a lie!