Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

We, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise !

We, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise !

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

The brethren here are believers in Christ, people of Faith, whether they be jew or Gentile !

What this means is that Abraham had a Son/Children given to him due soley by the promise of God, in contrast to children he had by means of the flesh, like ishmael typified, and so ishmael was a legitiment physical descendant of Abraham, even his bloodline could be traced back to Abraham, just as much as these jews could Jn 8:33,39

But ishmael not an heir, could not partake of the Promises made to Abraham and his Seed Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Or Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

ishmael was not heirs with abraham even though a ligitiment physical blood descendant, and ishmael typified Abraham's physical descendants Israel in the Gal 4 analogy.

So none of Abraham's physical descendants, jews or otherwise had a legal right to the Promised Inheritance Abraham received by Faith Heb 11:8-9, which was for him and his Seed, or his Children of promise as like Isaac was, whose birth came about by the Power of Gods Word of Promise !

beloved57

We, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise !2

We, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise !2

Now even though ishmael and the physical jews had a physical birth as well as the heirs did, only one of them was promised to be Abrahams Heir, that was Issac Gen 15:4

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This[ishmael] shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

Gen 17:19

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

So the jews of Abrahams physical seed were no more than ishmael was, not born as Isaac was , according to Promise, but as ishmael was, according to the course of the flesh, children of Abraham according to the flesh, but not according to Promise as was Isaac, Pauls Point in Rom 9:7-8

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The True children of God and Abraham, whether jew or Gentile are they who were as Isaac was born according to Gods Promise to Abraham, for when God told Abraham that he was made a Father of many nations Gen 17:5, that was because God had many other children of promise for Abraham besides Isaac, and would be born to him like Isaac was, according to Promise, and many of them would be among the Gentile Nations, in fact, thats who mostly Paul was concerned with when he wrote Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

This was to strengthen their faith under seige, many Gentile Believers were being seduced by jewish judaizers , questioning their Salvation and relationship with God because they had not been circumcised See Gal 3:1-3;6:12

12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

But see Believers dont become Abrahams Children by physical circumcision in the flesh, as neither did Isaac, for he was an heir of Abraham and the Promises before he was even physically born, his being circumcised afterwards had nothing to do with his status as a child of promise and heir, and so it is with the Gentile believer, who are also children of Abraham according to promise Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

We are made of Faith by the Power and Promise of the Word of God, as Isaac was !

Nanja

Ezk 16:1-10

V.6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

Notice Vs 6 and the loathsome condition His sinful people are in when He says to them Live !

The simile here is that of a new born infant covered in menstrual blood, and helpless at that !

Thats how God finds His NT Israel as described in Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Those Christ died for and rose again for, even while they were dead in sin in themselves, wallowing in the pollution of unregeneracy, they were quickened together with Christ !

That phrase quickened us together is the greek suzóopoieó:

to make alive together with

to make one alive together with another

Peter says of Christ 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That being quickened by the Spirit as it applied to Christ being raised up from the dead, the Church He died for was also quickened together with Him or made alive together with Him as stated in Eph 2:6 !

This was True even while they themselves by nature were dead in sins and trespasses, in pollution as when a baby is covered in menstrual blood Ezk 16:6,9 !

Listen, this means that before God gives us Life, or says to us " Live', there were no conditions we had to first meet. No we did not have to repent first, or forsake sin, or seek after God, God just through Christ had Mercy Upon us as we lied before Him spiritually dead and wretched and helpless and yet rebels.

Listen again, those who teach that one must come to God or Christ as a repentant sinner in order for God to have mercy on you and then save you, they are teaching a lie, and they are teaching Anti-Christ and Anti-Grace messages, a Gospel of works is what is !

God out of Great Love and Mercy, seeing His Elect dead in sins misery and rebellion, makes them alive, says to them Live Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

All True Indeed, and a very edifying post! ☺

Always Thanking and Praising Almighty God for His Great Love, Everlasting Mercy,
and the Riches of His Grace Rom. 9:23 He has bestowed upon all His Elect 1 Pet. 1:2,
through Jesus Christ Our Lord!

~~~~~

beloved57

All True Indeed, and a very edifying post! ☺

Always Thanking and Praising Almighty God for His Great Love, Everlasting Mercy,
and the Riches of His Grace Rom. 9:23 He has bestowed upon all His Elect 1 Pet. 1:2,
through Jesus Christ Our Lord!

~~~~~

May God continue to richly bless you, and supply all your Needs through Christ !

Nanja

May God continue to richly bless you, and supply all your Needs through Christ !

TY! And may God continue to shower His Wondrous, Multitudinous blessings upon you, too!
He knows what a great help you've been to me in His Word!

~~~~~

beloved57

Imputed Righteousness is Salvation !

Imputed Righteousness is Salvation !

That Imputed Righteousness is Salvation we do gather from a scripture like this one Isa 61:10

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

And we have here the redeemed souls response that has been given a spiritual knowledge of their Salvation by the Gospel Lk 1:77;Rom 1:16-17, by this knowdge given they are given a perception of what God through Christ has done for them.

Now when is Righteousness Imputed ? It is said to be Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Righteousness is Imputed in the same frame when sin is not imputed Vs 8 !

Now when is sin not imputed ? When in the Mind and Purpose of God, God determined not to impute their sins upon them, but to instead impute them to Christ, and this had to be before the foundation of the world, since Christ the Lamb in Gods Purpose was slain from the foundation Rev 13:8; 1Pet 1:20, and what was He slain for? Why it must be for the sins imputed/charged to Him, and if this is so, by the same token, Righteousness was imputed as early, because Imputed Righteousness is joined and participated with the Non Imputation of sin Rom 4:6-8 and 2 Cor 5:21 !

And this Righteousness which is our robe of Righteousness equates to our garment of Salvation ! Isa 61:10 ! Also see Isa 46:13 !

iamaberean

2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Now because Christ hath abolished death in regards to God's Chosen, They must now as a consequence of what Christ hath done, they must be quickened from the dead and made alive, given Life !

Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Now in the original the word quickened is not present, so it would be emphasizing, and you being dead in your trespasses and sins. Thats the effects of the sin in Adam, but now lets look at vs 5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This time Paul adds the words Hath quickened. This is the word suzoopoieo which means:

to make one alive together , to cause to live, make alive, give life

by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate to produce alive, begat or bear living young

They are actually made alive together with Christ at the same time He was made alive from the dead, via His resurrection !

A companion scripture would be 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Those Christ died for, He hath abolished death for them, and gives them Spiritual and Immortal Life, His Life !

Few more scriptures that point out the same.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
We are all born spiritually dead.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Once we are alive and continue to believe we never die.
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Jesus died on the cross that day, so did one of the others that was on a cross. He stated that he believed and never died.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
This verse points out that the resurrection of the dead (Jews) would happen on the last day, the day that Jesus said it would, the day the temple was destroyed. That happened in 70 AD, still in the disciples generation.

The LORD is Great and Greatly to be Praised!

beloved57

Few more scriptures that point out the same.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
We are all born spiritually dead.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Once we are alive and continue to believe we never die.
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Jesus died on the cross that day, so did one of the others on a cross stated that he believed and never died.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
This verse points out that the resurrection of the dead (Jews) would happen on the last day, the day that Jesus said it would, the day the temple was destroyed. That happened in 70 AD, still in the disciples generation.

The LORD is Great and Greatly to be Praised!

Evasion and rabbit trail!

beloved57

He made us alive when we were dead !

He made us alive when we were dead !

Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened[made alive], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened[made alive] us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

The modern day religionist doesn't believe or understand this most sacred Truth from above, for its stating the elect of God spiritual condition before God, when He gave them life, or caused them to live, to begin a New Life of activity !

Basically this tells us that there is no activity towards God from us, when we are made alive by God !

This Truth is collaborated from the Prophets Ezk 16:3-10

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

4 And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.

5 None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.

In Vs 6 here, its a corrolation to Eph 2:1,5 in that it describes the helpless and miserable state of the elect sinners [Israel of God] as being dead in sin, and its then, when God sees the elect sinner in this state, He says to him, Live ! This imperative is not issued when He sees the sinner repenting, or performing any kind of activity towards Him "I was found of them that sought me not" but its as they lay miserably in their blood as a dead man [like lazarus]. God through Christ gives Life to spiritually dead and inactive sinners, and not to them who are repentant and seeking God as it were, in fact none by nature seeks after the True God anyway Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

And yes this seeking is the fruit and activity of Faith, its the word ekzēteō and it means:

I.to seek out, search for

II.to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise

III.to seek out for one's self, beg, crave

IV.to demand back, require

And its the same word used here Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

True Faith seeks the True God, and man by nature cannot do that and emphatically does not do that,

By nature we are dead to that type of seeking in Faith the True God, and that is the state God finds His Chosen in, when He says to them Live ! And that Commandment to them "to Live" is Eternal Life !

beloved57

Do you make God Unjust, not to do Right ?

Do you make God Unjust, not to do Right ?

Gen 18:25

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Did you know that if God condemns the Righteous with the wicked, that He does Unjustly, He doesnt do that which is Right and Just ! This is the reason for Abraham's rhetorical question unto God, Vs 23

23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

Abraham know the True God, for God had made Himself known to Abraham Gen 12:1-3;15:1-6 and Abraham knew God to be a Just God and a Saviour Isa 45:21, and he knew it would be unbecoming of God to destroy the Righteous with the wicked Gen 18:25

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

And God has not changed, His Just and Righteous Character has not changed, and even today if He was to condemn and destroy the Righteous with the wicked, that would make Him Unjust and not a Saviour Isa 45:21

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Yet if God brings into condemnation and death anyone for whom Christ died, that makes Him Unjust, simply because all for whom He lived and died for, shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And if any one of them meet with this destruction 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

with those who do not obey the Gospel of Christ Vs 8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

That makes God Unjust, for He would be destroying the Righteous Rom 5:19 with the wicked 2 Thess 3:2 !

beloved57

John 12:32

Those whom Christ Draws to Himself after being lifted up for them, before they are drawn and as they are being drawn, they are also taught of God as stated in John 6:44-45, and it states that they All shall be taught of God before they come Vs 45,and these are the ones Christ Draws to Himself in John 12:32 !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 12:32

Those whom Christ Draws to Himself after being lifted up for them, before they are drawn and as they are being drawn, they are also taught of God as stated in John 6:44-45, and it states that they All shall be taught of God before they come Vs 45,and these are the ones Christ Draws to Himself in John 12:32 !

They are drawn by the Father. Read the verse.

beloved57

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant , and around the time he was being born on earth, it is written Lk 1:46-55

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Now pay notice to verses 54-55 " in remembrance of His Mercy" then Vs 55 " As He spake to Father Abraham as to his seed forever"

Notice the Mercy is in regard to a certain seed ! Then later in the same book and chapter of Lk 1, we read the words of Zacharias , who is the Father of John the Baptist Lk 1:67-73

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

And again in Verses 72-73 mention is made of God to perform the MERCY promised to their Fathers [in the Faith], which is a Covenant Mercy, which He sware to Father Abraham [and His Seed] See Heb 6:13-14, this is a promised Mercy of forgiveness of sin unto a remnant, referenced by the Prophet Micah here Mic 7:18-20

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

beloved57

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !2

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !2

This study is to show how that Jesus Christ, the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16 is fulfillment of promised Mercy to the specific Seed of Abraham and not to all without exception. This Promise of Mercy is traced back into the OT and realized by the Prophets of God, for one Micah, read again Micah 7:20

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

Cp To Lk 1:72

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

As you know this is in reference to the Birth of Christ, He is the Promised Mercy to the Fathers!

Let it be clear that the the truth to Jacob and the mercy to Abraham of Vs 20 is the same being fulfilled in Lk 1:72 , yet back on Micah 7 this Mercy Promised is limited to who in Vs 18 ?

Notice the remnant of His Inheritance ! No that doesnt mean all of the nation of israel, but it does include a remnant out of that nation, a remnant according to the elect of grace Rom 11:5;Isa 1:9

The Inheritance Remnant also isnt all mankind, but it does include a remnant out of the Gentiles Acts 15:16-18

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue/remnant of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Also this Promised Mercy [Christ] has to do with the Forgiveness of sins, Cp Micah 7:18-19 with Lk 1:77-78

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission or forgiveness of their sins,

78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

BTW The Knowledge of Remission of Sins is Salvation, which means Forgiveness of sins equates to being Saved !

So when Paul writes to the Ephesian Believers, and informs them that even before they believed the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13, they had already had redemption through His Blood with the forgiveness of sins Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

See Lk 1:77 is speaking about giving knowledge of this forgiveness of sins they have in and through Christ's redemption, which knowledge comes via the Preached Gospel Acts 13:38,42

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Now understand, this Knowledge is not merely offered to, but it is Preached to them, the word preached kataggelló means:

to announce, declare, promulgate, make known; to proclaim publicly, publish:

Forigivenss of sins is Preached or Made known to those who have it through Christ , Namely the Remnant of His Inheritance, here in Acts 13 its among the Gentiles also See Vs 42

For some of the Gentiles were part of that Heritage Remnant of Micah 7:18, Cp these words to these in Ephesians wherein Gentile Believers are spoken to Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

That word Heritage in Mich 7:18 means the same as the word inheritance in Eph 1:18 and the same as in Deut 32:9

9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

This was Jesus Mission of Mercy, only for a Remnant, both out of the jews and Gentiles !

beloved57

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !3

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !3

Now understand something here, That Gentiles belonged to this Remnant Heritage People spoken of in Micah 7:18-20

That the Promised Mercy was made, even Jesus [as the Promised Mercy], this was a Mystery ! Yes it was a Mystery that some Gentiles were considered " The remnant of His Heritage" as was some jews were !

But now under the New Covenant which was made to Israel, its being made known that some Gentiles were included that Gospel Promise made to Israel Elect, which is what Paul means here Eph 3:2-6

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

You see, scriptures Like Micah 7:18 was a Gospel Promise in Christ, to have their sins pardoned, transgressions passed by, sins cast into the debts of the sea !

It was also a Mystery that when God Promised this Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

That the Israel here spoken of did include Gentiles, or men and women out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Those are Gospel Promises Eph 3:2-6. For instance Isa 45:25 speaks of all the seed of Israel being Justified in the Lord, well thats a Gospel Promise Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

In other words the Justifying the Gentiles through Faith is a result of the Promise made in Isa 45:25 , that God shall Justify all the seed of Israel !

Gentiles are seen as part of that Seed again here Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !4

Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !4

Gentiles that Christ died for are His and God the Fathers Purchased possession, remember Jesus said to the Father 17:10

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

and Paul writes Eph 1:14

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

John Gill writes of the purchased possession :

until the redemption of the purchased possession, or "of the peculiar people"; see 1 Peter 2:9, for this is not to be understood of heaven, which is never said to be purchased, nor can it with any propriety be said to be redeemed; but of saints, of the church of God, who are bought with a price, and are purchased with his blood; and who, as they were redeemed from sin, Satan, and the law, when they were purchased, so will be redeemed again in the resurrection morn, which is called the day of redemption, Ephesians 4:30, and which will be a redemption of them from the weakness, corruption, and mortality of the body; from their present state of absence and pilgrimage; from the body of sin and death; from all sorrows and afflictions, both inward and outward; from the reproaches and persecutions of men; from a tempting devil, and an unbelieving heart; from all doubts and fears; and from death and the grave; and so the Syriac version very justly renders it, "until the redemption of them that are saved". Now till such time, the Spirit of God abides as an earnest, even until the whole felicity is enjoyed both in soul and body; and this shows the perpetuity of the Spirit's inhabitation, and grace, the final perseverance of the saints, and the security of the inheritance to them.

Also Vincent Cheung writes:

In connection with the "deposit," Paul calls us "God's possession" (v. 14). This seems to
be an allusion to how God addresses Israel in the Old Testament. For example, God says
in Exodus 19:5-6, "Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all
nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will
be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation." Peter takes up the same expressions
used here and applies them to the church: "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people for God's own possession" (1 Peter 2:9, NASB). And he clearly
has Gentile believers in mind when he writes this: "Once you were not a people, but now
you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received
mercy" (v. 10; see Romans 9:23-26).
In other words, Gentile Christians are just as much "God's people" as the Jews were, and
now if a Jew wishes to become one of God's people, he must also believe in Christ. Just
because he is a Jew means nothing, "For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise
up children for Abraham" (Luke 3:8). It is time not only for Jews to learn this, but also
for non-Jews, even professing Christians, to learn this.
"The Lord knows those who are
his" (2 Timothy 2:19) – if God has truly given us faith in Christ, then we are among his
chosen ones; if we are among his chosen ones, then we are his special possession; and if
we are his special possession, then he has given us his guarantee that he will jealously
protect and preserve us to the day of redemption by his omnipotence.

So Chosen in Christ Gentiles Eph 1:4 and those Christ died for, are Gods purchased possession, making them His Heritage Micah 7:18

The word Heritage means :

I.possession, property, inheritance, heritage

A.property

B.portion, share

C.inheritance, portion

And the word purchased possession Eph 1:14 means:

I.a preserving, a preservation

II.possession, one's own property

III.an obtaining

And interesting enough the words are translated saving in Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

beloved57

Salvation is not offered, but knowledge of it is given !

Salvation is not offered, but knowledge of it is given !

Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

One of the biggest lies in false religion today is that God is offering Salvation to all mankind, and everyone is responsible to take the offer to get saved ! That is the biggest piece of malarky, scripture never teaches that, its something used by satan to deceive ! The fact of the matter is that, The Work of Christ alone has accomplished the Salvation of all for whom He died, His People Matt 1:21 and then the next thing on the agenda is for those He saved, for them to be given a Knowledge of their Salvation by the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13 !
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

When Christ has saved us, He gives us Ears to hear the Gospel of our Salvation, which then gives us the Knowledge of it !

They are given a Spiritual application of the Knowledge of their Salvation by the Enlightening Work of the Spirit !

Our Salvation is due to the fact that through His Blood, we have forgiveness or remission of sins Eph 1:7, That in and of itself is Salvation and Justification !

Yes Forgiveness of sins = Salvation ! Thats what Lk 1:77 is saying, Gods People are given a Knowledge of Salvation by or in the forgiveness of sins ! We did nothing to have remission of sins, Christ did it all by shedding His Blood, the Blood of the Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for[the purpose of] the remission of sins.

If He shed His Blood for you or I, we have Remission/ Forgiveness of sins, which is Salvation, and God will send/give us the Knowledge of it by the Gospel !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Even the contradictory truths and theologies in the Bible are meaningful and true.

It's like the old Native American storyteller told his listeners:

"I know that the story I am going to tell you is true. And some of it really happened."

It's like the parable of the sower is not about gardening techniques in lower Galilee. And the Parable of the Good Samaritan does not mean the Jericho police department had a document on file of a mugging.

Nanja

Gentiles that Christ died for are His and God the Fathers Purchased possession, remember Jesus said to the Father 17:10

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

and Paul writes Eph 1:14

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

John Gill writes of the purchased possession :

Also Vincent Cheung writes:

So Chosen in Christ Gentiles Eph 1:4 and those Christ died for, are Gods purchased possession, making them His Heritage Micah 7:18

The word Heritage means :

And the word purchased possession Eph 1:14 means:

And interesting enough the words are translated saving in Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Truly appreciated this very thorough and edifying 4-part study on
"Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !"
(Finally finished ☺)

Thank You, and may the Lord Bless you richly!

~~~~~

beloved57

Truly appreciated this very thorough and edifying 4-part study on
"Jesus mission of mercy was only for a remnant !"
(Finally finished ☺)

Thank You, and may the Lord Bless you richly!

~~~~~
Amen and I Thank you and God for your reading of It and your edifying by it [emoji1]