Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

Nanja

Men only have a will to come to God in Christ after the Salvation of Christ has been applied to them by the Spirit, otherwise men cannot come to God in Christ !

First Saved, then come to God!

Salvation is received passively by God's Sovereign Grace alone;
not by any person's decision or his own choosing Eph. 2:8-9.

The false saying therefore, one must come to God as a repentant sinner to be saved, it is a lie !

Sure is!

An unregenerate person has no ability to come to God,
neither can he repent or perform any action whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

~~~~~

beloved57

First Saved, then come to God!

Salvation is received passively by God's Sovereign Grace alone;
not by any person's decision or his own choosing Eph. 2:8-9.

Sure is!

An unregenerate person has no ability to come to God,
neither can he repent or perform any action whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

~~~~~

Your comments are scriptural and based on the Truth!

beloved57

God says to them Live !

God says to them Live !

Ezk 16:1-10

Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

4 And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.

5 None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.

Notice Vs 6 and the loathsome condition His sinful people are in when He says to them Live !

The simile here is that of a new born infant covered in menstrual blood, and helpless at that !

Thats how God finds His NT Israel as described in Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Those Christ died for and rose again for, even while they were dead in sin in themselves, wallowing in the pollution of unregeneracy, they were quickened together with Christ !

That phrase quickened us together is the greek suzóopoieó:

to make alive together with

to make one alive together with another

Peter says of Christ 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That being quickened by the Spirit as it applied to Christ being raised up from the dead, the Church He died for was also quickened together with Him or made alive together with Him as stated in Eph 2:6 !

This was True even while they themselves by nature were dead in sins and trespasses, in pollution as when a baby is covered in menstrual blood Ezk 16:6,9 !

Listen, this means that before God gives us Life, or says to us " Live', there were no conditions we had to first meet. No we did not have to repent first, or forsake sin, or seek after God, God just through Christ had Mercy Upon us as we lied before Him spiritually dead and wretched and helpless and yet rebels.

Listen again, those who teach that one must come to God or Christ as a repentant sinner in order for God to have mercy on you and then save you, they are teaching a lie, and they are teaching Anti-Christ and Anti-Grace messages, a Gospel of works is what is !

God out of Great Love and Mercy, seeing His Elect dead in sins misery and rebellion, makes them alive, says to them Live Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

beloved57

Believers are unto God through Christ !

Believers are unto God through Christ !

1 Cor 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Paul gives some profound truth here unto us [who believe] writing that there is but One God, the Father of whom are all things, that word OF is the greek prep ek denoting He is the First Cause of source of all things, and we [believers] in Him or unto Him, for the word in is the prep eis which means:

into, in, unto, to, upon, towards, for, among.

So we believers are for or unto Him, which is a Truth oft neglected or even unknown, however Believers are for or unto God the Father by Christ, for they had been by Him redeemed unto God by His Blood Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God or God-Ward by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

And or also they come to God by Him Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

There coming to God here is the effect of Christ's Death and intercession for them, so they are coming by Him !

So thats how we believers are for or unto Him, and then thers the One Lord Jesus Christ in 1 Cor 8:6, by or through whom are all things, which speaks of Him as Mediator as does Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Jn 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

All things the Father is the First Cause and Source of came into being by the Medium of the Lord Jesus Christ ,

It denotes that Christ is the instrumental and efficient cause, and we believers are by/dia Him, we became believers in God by Him,

Confirmed by Peter here 1 Pet 1:21

Who by him[Christ] do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Its because of Christ we [believers] do believe in God !

beloved57

The Redeemed are taught of God !

The Redeemed are taught of God !

Isa 48:17

17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

God does for the redeem what The Psalmist says here with the same word Ps 51:13

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Now these are all the ones that God is their redeemed through the Lord Jesus Christ, for He is the One and Only Kinsmen Redeemer for the People of God, and they are Redeemed by His Blood/Death, those God so loves He redeems Isa 63:9

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

And so Christ Loved His Church and Redeems it/them Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

And to them He Loved and Redeemed He must teach them to profit, and that first and foremost in the things of God !

That word profit means to gain benefit from, hence those whom Christ redeems with His Blood shall gain a benefit from it !

The word teach is the same word the writer uses in Isa 54:13

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Which of course is alluded to here by Jesus Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets[Isa 54:13], And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

The word taught in both places denotes to be instructed, to be made to learn, and so what this promises is that all the redeemed children of God shall receive a spiritual education for their profit, much in line with what the writer of Hebrews writes Heb 12:5-11

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit [Isa 48:17], that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

The word chastening thoughout this passage in Heb 12 means:

I.to train children

A.to be instructed or taught or learn

B.to cause one to learn

If God Loved us, He redeemed us through Christ and then teaches and gives us a spiritual education for our profit and benefit and advantage !

beloved57

The Redeemed are taught of God ! 2

The Redeemed are taught of God ! 2

Note : Being Taught of God is a Blessing of Redemption, of the Death of Christ, one cannot be the object of Gods Love and Christ's death without being taught of God, it just cant happen ! Now part of that Training and Education comes from the Word of Truth, He uses skilled men of God, Gospel Preachers He has qualified to being about instructive teaching by the power of the Spirit 2 Tim 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Now that word instruction is the same word chastening here Heb 12:5

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

God will teach His redeemed by making His Truth profitable for them, to do them good, they shall be taught right doctrine by them Deut 32:2

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Also know that when God says He shall teach something, that denotes them He teaches shall receive it, shall learn from it, they shall be taught of God , resulting in that they Learned what God intended to teach, so says Jesus Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

That word Learned manthanō means the learning of key facts

properly, learning key facts; gaining "fact-knowledge as someone learns from experience, often with the implication of reflection – 'come to realize' "

Hence they become Spiritually educated resulting in coming to Faith in Christ, this is a Promise to the redeemed Children Isa 54:13;48:17 !

Gurucam

Another Miscellaneous and Varied Truth of scripture! . . . corrupted

Another Miscellaneous and Varied Truth of scripture! . . . corrupted

The strong delusion is that people won't accept your strong word Gurucam. Keep up the good fight. There are many with you.

Indeed a significant lobby of 'supposed Christians' (i.e. make believe Christians) actively deny, persecute and blaspheme Paul and his 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Spirit of Jesus based commission.

However Paul does not stand alone. Here we have Matthews confirming the words of the physical, 'seen' and temporal, son of man, Lord Jesus:

The Lord Jesus told us:
Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Here Matthews (not Paul) records the physical and 'seen', son of man, Lord Jesus confirming that he gave parables to those who did not have the 'eyes to see', the 'ears to hear' and the 'hearts to understand', so that the little which they had will be taken from them.

These parables, which are given to take away the little which some people have, are recorded in the scriptures. They are scriptures. They are part of Jesus' public deliveries, as recorded in the KJV N.T.

Many among us, who do not have the 'eyes to see', the 'ears to hear' and the 'hearts to understand' find this unpalatable. They therefore deny, persecute, blaspheme, corrupt and change this revelation to suit their own unawareness.

Indeed they foolishly write their own scriptures. And they boldly, actively and corruptly promote their own made up scriptures as Christianity. They are Satan operatives. They are false prophets who came in Jesus' name and they are misguiding many.

95% of 'supposed Christians' (i.e. traditional Christian) go 'willy-nilly' (absolutely uninformed) to the scriptures and read and embrace any which revelation, including parables which the Lord Jesus gave to take away the little which some people have.

Is there any wonder why many are called and few chosen? It is clear that the very great majority of those called to Christianity err because they are misled by false prophets who came in Jesus' name and are not chosen?

There can be no doubt why they err and do not make it. They are all boldly and Satanically rewriting the KJV N.T. to suit their own corrupt ideas.

Is this not clearly and undeniably true?

Are you willing to wake up to truth?

Last edited:

beloved57

The Redeemed are taught of God ! 3

The Redeemed are taught of God ! 3

Going back to the OP Text Isa 48:17

17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Notice another promise to the redeemed "the Lord, thy Redeemer leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go."

The word lead here darak, its used in the causative sense as in Isa 11:15

15 And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

Obviously alluding to how God lead Israel through the parted red sea by the power of God Ex 14:29

29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Also Like Isa 42:16

16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

It also means to be lead in God's Truth Ps 25:5

5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Hence if we be one of the redeemed, God will see to it that we are guided into the Truth Jn 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The word lead here hodēgeō means:

I.to be a guide, lead on one's way, to guide which is exactly what is promised the redeem in our text Isa 48:17 !

Now many mistakenly believe that the Promise of Jn 16:13 aplys only to Christ's immediate disciples, but its not, its to all for whom He died and redeemed, His Body the Church, because they receive the promise of the Spirit Gal 3:13-14;4:4-6;

In fact its the same word the redeemed ethiopian eunech used here Acts 8:30-31

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Philip was used by God the Spirit to lead and guide this redeemed man into the Truth !

It was the Spirit that directed Philip to the chariot where the eunech was Acts 8:29

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

And God used Philip to lead him the eunech into the Truth of Isa 53:7-8

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Which fulfills the Promise of Isa 48:17

See also Ps 32:8

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Which applies to these blessed ones Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Which are the redeemed !

beloved57

He that Loveth God is known of God !

He that Loveth God is known of God !

1 Cor 8:3

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

What this tells us is that all those whom God knows or foreknows or foreknew shall Love God for it; It compliments well Rom 8:28-29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Notice, those/them that Love God in Vs 28, are said to have been foreknew by Him in Vs 29 !

And so all things work together for the foreknown who Love God as Per [1 Cor 8:3] which again are foreknown by Him, which all men are not [Matt 7:23]

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The word know with the prefix pro added which means before, which means He knew ginosko before,

Those whom He foreknew before are destined to Love Him 1 Cor 8:3, which confirms the Truth of John here 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

This verse is so under appreciated and valued and misunderstood, it actually teaches that Gods Love of the redeemed, those Christ died for, causes a reciprocation of Love to God in Christ.

Understand, the word because here in 1 Jn 4:19 is the conjunction hoti meaning:

that, since, because; may introduce direct discourse.

the reason why anything is said to be or to be done, because, since, for that, for (a causal conjunc

So its simply declaring that the reason why the redeemed Love God is because God first Loved them, its a causal effect !

The producer of an effect, result, or consequence.!

So Gods Love of the redeemed automatically triggers the effect of the Loved , loving Him in return also believing in Him because True Faith worketh by Love Gal 5:6

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

For Faith without agape Love Paul writes of in 1 Cor 13:2

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Paul says without Love, all the faith in the world means I am nothing, certainly not a believer in Christ, its just a worthless faith in the matter of divine and spiritual things and attainments, So Faith must be accompanied with Love Eph 6:23

23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

James 2:5

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

And who are them that Love Him ? Why those Known of God before hand 1 Cor 8:3 !

beloved57

I never knew you !

I never knew you !

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This statement means that He never knew them as His Sheep, remember what He says of them here Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Now the word know in Jn 10:14 and the word knew in Matt 7:23 are the very same greek word ginōskō and denotes a knowing in intimacy !

This denotes He never Loved them affectionately as a Husband Loves His Wife !

Now it also means that Christ never knew them to be part of His Wife, the Bride of Christ, for instance in Revelation we read Rev 19:7

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 21:9

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

The Lamb is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Jn 1:29, and remember John the baptist said of this very same Lamb Jn 3:29

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Note: John represents the OT Hope and so this statement evidences the OT Saints and the NT Saints belonging to the same Bride/Wife of the Lamb !

The Bride and the Wife are one and the same Rev 21:9

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

And the Bridegroom/Husband must know His Wife, like it says of Adam the type of Christ Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

This is vitally important because Adam and Eve are a Type, a picture of Christ and the Church Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Christ knew and Loved the Church as His Wife and gave Himself for it Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Church here is being indicated as the Wife of Christ, the Lamb or the analogy would be useless for Paul to use !

So for Christ to say I never knew you, means He never knew them to be part of His Wife, His Bride of which Hes the Bridegroom of Jn 3:29, whom He gave Himself for !

Nanja

Matt 7:23

This statement means that He never knew them as His Sheep, remember what He says of them here Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Now the word know in Jn 10:14 and the word knew in Matt 7:23 are the very same greek word ginōskō and denotes a knowing in intimacy !

This denotes He never Loved them affectionately as a Husband Loves His Wife !

Now it also means that Christ never knew them to be part of His Wife, the Bride of Christ, for instance in Revelation we read Rev 19:7

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 21:9

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

The Lamb is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Jn 1:29, and remember John the baptist said of this very same Lamb Jn 3:29

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Note: John represents the OT Hope and so this statement evidences the OT Saints and the NT Saints belonging to the same Bride/Wife of the Lamb !

The Bride and the Wife are one and the same Rev 21:9

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

And the Bridegroom/Husband must know His Wife, like it says of Adam the type of Christ Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

This is vitally important because Adam and Eve are a Type, a picture of Christ and the Church Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Christ knew and Loved the Church as His Wife and gave Himself for it Eph 5:25

The Church here is being indicated as the Wife of Christ, the Lamb or the analogy would be useless for Paul to use !

So for Christ to say I never knew you, means He never knew them to be part of His Wife, His Bride of which Hes the Bridegroom of Jn 3:29, whom He gave Himself for !

Excellent study!

Christ never knew the ones in Mat. 7:23, in contrast to His Sheep that He does know John 10:27.
And because He never knew them, He did not redeem them: reprobates,
not because they failed to perform some work or action while in the flesh,
but strictly because of their iniquity which Christ did not atone for.

So, to the goats He will declare this:

Mat 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

Christ's Redemption is Limited to His Bride chosen in Union with Him
before the foundation Eph. 1:4, the Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25.

Is. 54:5
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name;
and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

In Is. 54:5 Christ is speaking to His Church, who He Created in His Own Likeness and Image, His Wife! He also is Her Redeemer, for She was made for a Redemptive Purpose in Him!

Christ Married to the Elect before the foundation!

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86664#10

~~~~~

beloved57

Excellent study!

Christ never knew the ones in Mat. 7:23, in contrast to His Sheep that He does know John 10:27.
And because He never knew them, He did not redeem them: reprobates,
not because they failed to perform some work or action while in the flesh,
but strictly because of their iniquity which Christ did not atone for.

So, to the goats He will declare this:

Mat 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

Christ's Redemption is Limited to His Bride chosen in Union with Him
before the foundation Eph. 1:4, the Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25.

Is. 54:5
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name;
and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Christ Married to the Elect before the foundation!

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86664#10

~~~~~

I'm glad you are edified!

beloved57

afore prepared unto Glory !

afore prepared unto Glory !

Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Have you ever sought to understand what this means ? How are these Paul calls " The Vessels of Mercy" prepared unto Glory ?

What Glory ? First this Mercy is that which David says is from everlasting to everlasting Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Now what Glory ? Its the Glory here described 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

It has to do with obtaining that Eternal Glory and Salvation which is in Christ Jesus their Surety Substitute and Mediator, for Paul had used the title Christ Jesus earlier in his first epistle and this second one both 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now how were they afore prepared ? By Predestination ! The phrase afore prepared in the original is proetoimazó and means:

I prepare or appoint beforehand, predestine.

Its the same word in Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

beloved57

afore prepared unto Glory ! 2

afore prepared unto Glory ! 2

Now this Glory is due them, the Vessels of Mercy, in light of their Eternal Union with the Man Christ Jesus, because of their Election In Him Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This being chosen in Him is key, for the word in the prep en means:

in, on, among,

en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).

Chosen in the sphere of Christ, creating a union, this is akin to how levi is said to have been in the loins of Abraham Heb 7:9-10

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Which denotes a seed union, hence being Chosen in denotes a seed union, so the us Chosen in Christ are His Seed given Him of the Father,

Hence they receive in Him both Grace and Glory before the world began, for where God gives Grace, He gives Glory Ps 84:11

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

And of a surety Grace was given us in the sphere union in Christ 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And that Grace given precedes Glory ! Those He gave Grace to in Christ Jesus, He effectually calls them to the obtaining of Glory 1 Pet 5:10

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by/in Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Again which is why those given Grace in Christ Jesus before the world began are said to called 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

In essence, we are called unto Glory because of or in line with the fact that Grace had been given us in Christ before the world began, and by this we were afore prepared unto Glory as Vessels of Mercy !

beloved57

What are the Works of Abraham here ?

What are the Works of Abraham here ?

Jn 8:39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

What works would they do [predestinated to do] if they were the true children of Abraham, that is his children of promise ?

Rom 4:12

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

The works of Abraham therefore would be a consistent walk of and in Faith, which means Faith is a Work, a Deed, a Walk !

Walking is an act, a work ! If they were truly his children they would be caused to follow his example in living a consistent life of Faith !

It is stated by one commentator [John Gill] this:

The Persic version reads in the singular number, "ye would do the work of Abraham"; and if any particular work is designed, it is most likely to be the work of faith, since it was that which Abraham was famous for;

For Faith is that which Abraham is famous for Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

He is the Father of all them that believe Rom 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Also Note, Abraham was their Father before they believed, God made him their Father way back in Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So they believe in time because they were children promised to Abraham as was Isaac !

This also concludes with the fact, if any believe themselves to be Justified before God because of their act of believing or faith, then they are claiming justification before God because of their works, which contradicts being Justified in the same manner as was Abraham, who was not Justified by works, and had no reason to boast Rom 4:1-3

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works[his faith or act of believing], he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Nanja

Jn 8:39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

What works would they do [predestinated to do] if they were the true children of Abraham, that is his children of promise ?

Rom 4:12

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

The works of Abraham therefore would be a consistent walk of and in Faith, which means Faith is a Work, a Deed, a Walk !

Walking is an act, a work ! If they were truly his children they would be caused to follow his example in living a consistent life of Faith !

It is stated by one commentator [John Gill] this:

For Faith is that which Abraham is famous for Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

He is the Father of all them that believe Rom 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Also Note, Abraham was their Father before they believed, God made him their Father way back in Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So they believe in time because they were children promised to Abraham as was Isaac !

This also concludes with the fact, if any believe themselves to be Justified before God because of their act of believing or faith, then they are claiming justification before God because of their works, which contradicts being Justified in the same manner as was Abraham, who was not Justified by works, and had no reason to boast Rom 4:1-3

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works[his faith or act of believing], he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Abraham's Seed, the Chosen Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16; Eph. 1:4 is Justified solely by
the Righteousness of Christ; imputed to every one of those Chosen from the beginning
to receive Salvation in their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; they shall believe the Truth.
For their Faith is made manifest when they are Born Again Rom. 1:17.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath
from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

However, the unrighteous / unjust, because they are still in their sin and found guilty before God,
no amount of their own believing something about Christ can please God Rom. 8:8 for Christ was not their Surety.

~~~~~

beloved57

Abraham's Seed, the Chosen Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16; Eph. 1:4 is Justified solely by
the Righteousness of Christ; imputed to every one of those Chosen from the beginning
to receive Salvation in their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; they shall believe the Truth.
For their Faith is made manifest when they are Born Again Rom. 1:17.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath
from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

However, the unrighteous / unjust, because they are still in their sin and found guilty before God,
no amount of their own believing something about Christ can please God Rom. 8:8 for Christ was not their Surety.

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

If God were your Father, Ye would Love Me !

If God were your Father, Ye would Love Me !

Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Thats a powerful statement and very enlightening, for Paul wrote of this same Jesus this 1 Cor 16:22

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Have we ever thought about that statement in Jn 8:42, this tells us that if Christ died for us, we will love Him, because those whom God So Loved Jn 3:16, He gave Him for Us, and if He did that, God is Our Father, and so Jesus said plainly:

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Is Jesus a Liar ? Therefore this statement ensures us Regeneration or New Birth so that by it we receive a Nature that is capable of and does Love Christ, and so this is provided for all whom God Loved, and Christ died. By nature man does not have the ability to Love God, so a nature must be given that is made meet to Love Him, in addition, those God So Loved Jn 3:16, He chastenes, which indicates they are His Sons and Daughters Heb 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

So the World of Jn 3:16 are those whom He Loves and chastens, which are His Sons and He is their Father, and so Jesus words must come to past, they must be faithful and true which are these Jn 8:42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

This is a fact !

beloved57

If God were your Father, Ye would Love Me ! 2

If God were your Father, Ye would Love Me ! 2

See, If God Loves us, He gave His Son for us Jn 3:16, and these He Loves He chastens Heb 12:6-8; Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

And then He gives us a nature that enables us to Love Christ, a nature we receive from being born again 1 Pet 1:3,8

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And when born again we both believe in and Love Christ whom we have not seen 1 Pet 1:8

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Remember here Peter in Vs 8 is writing to them he just a few verses earlier stated that they had been born again Vs 3 through the abundant mercy of God by the resurrection of Christ from the dead !

If God is Our Father, and Loved us, we shall be begotten again, and given a nature that Loves Christ !