Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

Minerva

By the look of those Army boots, I would have thought you were tough enough to handle a bit of cold. Buck up soldier!

I can't believe I am going to tell you this...but I was actually thinking of wearing my cute shiny army boots with a shorter poofed out dress. (if it were going to be warmer) We like to be different, :bannana: I thought it would be fun....I can be very eccentric, who knows :idunno:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3702220/2/istockphoto_3702220_bride_wearing_combat_boots.jpg

not exactly like that but see...she still looks cute I think.

Doesn't matter though...too cold. :rolleyes:

Minerva

Bummer. I like the idea of the boots and the dress. You should do it. Your chicken if you don't!!!:p

:jawdrop: Is this a dare?

Well....to be honest I was thinking earlier that it would be easier than going sheo shopping...and plus ...I don't do panty hose...bleh!

Minerva

:ha:
:dog: :dog: :dog: Triple dog dare... :chuckle:

This will take some consideration.....if I do go ahead like I originally wanted to though...you have to help support me here on this forum when people tell me I'm a wierd nutjob.

uk_mikey

This will take some consideration.....if I do go ahead like I originally wanted to though...you have to help support me here on this forum when people tell me I'm a wierd nutjob.

One thing to really concider is how you imagine you'll feel when you look back on the wedding photos in years to come.
I remember weddings in the '70s where wedding dresses were generally aweful, and it shows now in the pics.

If you do something really whacky, then think if you'll look back on it with regret or with fond memories.

When you show your grandchildren the wedding photos, and you are wearing big boots under your wedding dress, will they be seeing their wonderfully wierd grandmother who's so cool?... or will you be cringing with embarrasment?

I suspect that you'd look back on it with fond memories, and the boots will be that special gem in the mix... but only you know.

Don't let anyone here sway you in your decisions. It's you who'll be experiencing it and living with the memories of your special day.

...and who cares if people here tell you you're a wierd nutjob? :kookoo: :eek:

In my book, that's something to be proud of! :)

... and I actually think the majority of TOL members fit into that catagory, so I wouldn't worry. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most of the things that I thought would be cool and funny, I regret now.

But, either way it's not really that important, have fun and if you think combat boots is appropriate attire for you... go for it.

Combat boots at a TOL wedding does seem sorta fitting. :D

Minerva

Thanks, that was awesome! :cool: And in every likelyhood, I would be looking back with fond memories, and the grandchildren would probably find it odd if they didn't see something obscure.

My motto has been:(one of many)

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same!

I am trying to recall ever being embarrased......:juggle:

Jackson

No problem. As a youth pastor I have to do that on pretty much a full time basis with lots of people!:eek:

Jackson

Thanks, that was awesome! :cool: And in every likelyhood, I would be looking back with fond memories, and the grandchildren would probably find it odd if they didn't see something obscure.

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same!

That just gave me an idea for a great thread! :thumb:

uk_mikey

You're a woman of my own heart! :chuckle: