Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

Minerva

Ok...we got home from out of town yesterday (5 hour drive with kids) just in time to change and get the kids to my mom so we could go meet the pastor. We arrived at the church, which was HUGE, and couldn't figure out which part of the church to go to. All the doors were locked to all the parts of the church and we knocked and knicked and then sat in tha car and then knocked some more (the whole time I am in serious need of the restroom, but I was afraid if we left he would show up and see we weren't there and he would leave) anyway....someone finally answered the door after about 20 minutes and we finally found the pastor in the back of the church.

He asked us how long we had been together, had either of us been married before, where we were from, things of that nature. He didn't have to ask much as talkative as Jared and I are, we just went on about all sorts of stuff (kind of like I am now :) ). Everything was just great, we loved the guy to death and he will be doing our ceremony for us on the 7th at 2:00.

Apparently there are about a million options for what type of vows you can have, if you repeat them or just say "I will"...just so many options. (jared is gonna kill me :chuckle:)We decided to go with repeating the normal vows and when he read them off so we could hear what they were exactly we both were teary eyed and about to bawl just hearing him read it...so we decided that we better go with the part where he reads it off and we just say "I will" because that is all we are going to be able to get out of our mouths without being cry babies. Here is Jared and I in the pastors office~~~~>:cry: :cry:

Then he asked if we had any bible verses we would like to be read at the ceremony and I said i wanted him to read something from Ruth:

Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Evidently, and unbeknownst to me, this is quite a popular verse to be read at a wedding.

The only thing we have left to do with the pastor is call him with directions. My parents are so far out in the middle of no where I realized I had no idea how to tell him where to go! I told him I would call him still but I said I would just put balloons out by the road.

Soooo.....that's how that part went. Oh, and we tried to get the license before we went to see the pastor but apparently the court house closes at 4:30 and not 5:00 so we still have to go do that!!!!!!

Things are falling into place!!!:thumb:

DECEMBER 7th 2007 @ 2:00 WE WILL BE MARRIED!!

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Awesome!! Let me tell you, making those vows is so awesome. Standing before God and your loved ones and telling them that you will give your whole life to this person is amazing! This is just soooo cool :D

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Ok...we got home from out of town yesterday (5 hour drive with kids) just in time to change and get the kids to my mom so we could go meet the pastor. We arrived at the church, which was HUGE, and couldn't figure out which part of the church to go to. All the doors were locked to all the parts of the church and we knocked and knicked and then sat in tha car and then knocked some more (the whole time I am in serious need of the restroom, but I was afraid if we left he would show up and see we weren't there and he would leave) anyway....someone finally answered the door after about 20 minutes and we finally found the pastor in the back of the church.

He asked us how long we had been together, had either of us been married before, where we were from, things of that nature. He didn't have to ask much as talkative as Jared and I are, we just went on about all sorts of stuff (kind of like I am now :) ). Everything was just great, we loved the guy to death and he will be doing our ceremony for us on the 7th at 2:00.

Apparently there are about a million options for what type of vows you can have, if you repeat them or just say "I will"...just so many options. (jared is gonna kill me :chuckle:)We decided to go with repeating the normal vows and when he read them off so we could hear what they were exactly we both were teary eyed and about to bawl just hearing him read it...so we decided that we better go with the part where he reads it off and we just say "I will" because that is all we are going to be able to get out of our mouths without being cry babies. Here is Jared and I in the pastors office~~~~>:cry: :cry:

Then he asked if we had any bible verses we would like to be read at the ceremony and I said i wanted him to read something from Ruth:

Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Evidently, and unbeknownst to me, this is quite a popular verse to be read at a wedding.

The only thing we have left to do with the pastor is call him with directions. My parents are so far out in the middle of no where I realized I had no idea how to tell him where to go! I told him I would call him still but I said I would just put balloons out by the road.

Soooo.....that's how that part went. Oh, and we tried to get the license before we went to see the pastor but apparently the court house closes at 4:30 and not 5:00 so we still have to go do that!!!!!!

Things are falling into place!!!:thumb:

DECEMBER 7th 2007 @ 2:00 WE WILL BE MARRIED!!

This makes me very happy for you guys!:cheers: :guitar:

Minerva

Ya know...I neglected (unintentionally) to tell the pastor I would be wearing combat boots....anyone think he will care? :noid:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll bet you a dime that, if he does he will be too polite to say so!

Minerva

Here is a picture of the courthouse where we got the marriage license today...beside the courthouse there you can see a steeple sticking up, that is the church that the pastor is from who will be marrying us.

The next picture is of the flowers that I bought to make my own boquet. I decided this would allow me to have what I wanted and be about the same price if not less. I also got a couple little crosses to hang off of it.

The next picture is the finished boquet.

The next is what it looks like next to my dress.

It really looks much better in person but that's the way it always goes.

:devil:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is a picture of the courthouse where we got the marriage license today...beside the courthouse there you can see a steeple sticking up, that is the church that the pastor is from who will be marrying us.

The next picture is of the flowers that I bought to make my own boquet. I decided this would allow me to have what I wanted and be about the same price if not less. I also got a couple little crosses to hang off of it.

So, Min, when's the big day? The 7th?

GuySmiley

Way to go! The crosses on the boquet are a nice touch. Good job!