Messianic Judaism Gaining Momentum in Israel

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The statement was "They are obeying the law. That isn't self-worship."

I agree. Judaism is not only not self-worship, it's no worship at all.

Twice the temple was destroyed. Why?

God has a new temple, it's time to move on.

CherubRam

Messianic Jew is an oxymoron, there's no such thing.

Actually you are correct. Messianic's may or may not be Hebrew. Messianic means, pertaining to the Messiah. Jew is the short form of Judean. The word "Jew" is also used in cursing and is derogatory.

Epoisses

No. They are obeying the law. That isn't self-worship.

Yes it's self-worship where I am righteous if I perform a certain set of good deeds and unrighteous if I perform some set of bad deeds. It's all works based aka self-righteousness.

Epoisses

I have thought and I am aware of what it means to worship. To serve is just one of the meanings. I make no apology for stating this fact. To do so in support of the idiot pained me I can tell you. But, the truth is the truth and conveying the correct translation and interpretation is what I do.

Context in the use of the term worship is vital in grasping the nuances. I am not saying that the word worship means "to serve" in every occasion the word appears in scripture...obviously, or maybe not so obvious for some.

'idiot'!?! You couldn't hang with this idiot on your best day.

Interplanner

Actually you are correct. Messianic's may or may not be Hebrew. Messianic means, pertaining to the Messiah. Jew is the short form of Judean. The word "Jew" is also used in cursing and is derogatory.

I don't understand how Messianic Jew is oxymoronic. Every believer is Messianic. I happen to be a Messianic American and/or -Anglo and/or -Washingtonian.

My original objection was that Judaism is not by nature Messianic in the Christian sense, only in their sense, which is the whole rub, you see. The Christian confession is that Jesus (of Nazareth) was the Christ.

CherubRam

I don't understand how Messianic Jew is oxymoronic. Every believer is Messianic. I happen to be a Messianic American and/or -Anglo and/or -Washingtonian.

My original objection was that Judaism is not by nature Messianic in the Christian sense, only in their sense, which is the whole rub, you see. The Christian confession is that Jesus (of Nazareth) was the Christ.

Being a Messianic does not mean you are a Jew.

chair

I agree. Judaism is not only not self-worship, it's no worship at all.

Twice the temple was destroyed. Why?

God has a new temple, it's time to move on.

I suggest that you read Deuteronomy. Seriously.
Nobody is asking you to become a Jew. Why do you care what Jews do? Just leave us alone.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Reproduction is unique to the physical creation.

When we are eventually born of Spirit we will not reproduce physically.

The flesh will become history.

Flesh, gender, ethnicity, reproduction, master and slave are part of the present reality.
And so are Jews who believe in Jesus Messiah.

Why else would Paul say this?

Col 3:11* Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.*

...and at the same time say this?

Col 3:18* Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Col 3:22* Servants, obey in all things your masters*

Col 4:1* Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

Col 4:11* And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
For those in Christ ethnicity is immaterial.

"For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
(Galatians 3:27-28)

Those in Christ are sons of God, the Father is not ethnic, he is Spirit.

Jesus Christ is Yeshua Mashiach, Israel's Messiah. No matter how hard you try, you can't divorce the Lord Jesus from Jewishness.
He was born a Jew, circumcised the eighth day according to the law.
He is called in Rev 5, now in heaven, 'the lion of the tribe of Judah/Yehuda'.
The Lord Jesus is a Jew.
When He returns, He'll still be a Jew.
He'll be a Jew forever.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"How odd of GOD to choose the Jew,

but not so odd as those who choose the Jewish GOD,

but hate the Jew."- unknown

Truster

No, a man is a Jew because he is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code.​

Paul said this and it can only be understood if you understand what the term Yisra'el actually means. Not what you think it means and not what the translators or commentaries or authors of concordances say it means. If you do discover the meaning you will have immediate understanding because flesh and blood will not have revealed it to you...

Epoisses

"How odd of GOD to choose the Jew,

but not so odd as those who choose the Jewish GOD,

but hate the Jew."- unknown

And you hate the truth that God does not deal worthless genealogies or ethnicity anymore. Those who have faith (Jew and Gentile) are accepted while those without faith (Jew and Gentile) are rejected. You've been lied to by John Darby and now your faith is broken.

Interplanner

And you hate the truth that God does not deal worthless genealogies or ethnicity anymore. Those who have faith (Jew and Gentile) are accepted while those without faith (Jew and Gentile) are rejected. You've been lied to by John Darby and now your faith is broken.

Or unable to think clearly about hate. D'ists are using 'hate' like modern liberals do; it is a variation on racism, in which they make the race in question the first question.

We as Christians are supposed to see that it is a person's actions or faith that determines our fellowship and acceptance of them. Whether they are in Christ or not.

D'ism never could get what Gal 3 etc was saying about this, so it goes the lazy path to validate the race instead of the person's faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I suggest that you read Deuteronomy. Seriously.

I have read Deuteronomy 16:16. You claim to keep God's law for Israel, but you know you don't.

So why claim you do? Judaism as promulgated today is a man-made religion created in Babylon.

Why deny it?

chair

And you hate the truth that God does not deal worthless genealogies or ethnicity anymore.

In your thinking- why did God ever do that in the first place?
I am not so sure that he did- but that apparently is what you think.