Messianic Judaism Gaining Momentum in Israel

Truster

The truth was not instituted by the Jews. It has it's foundation in the mind and will of the Eternal Almighty. It was revealed through a chosen few who became a nation.

beameup

I am quite aware that Christianity started out as a Jewish sect. It ended up as a separate religion, where it is today. Whatever Christian suffering there was in the early days doesn't make their beliefs true. Not does it somehow balance out what Christians did to the Jews for centuries.

The Jews, according to Christian reports, apparently did not have the right to perform executions. If they did- why did they turn anybody over to the Romans? And again- all irrelevant to the truth of your religion.

"Messianic Judaism" is NOT Judaism. It is not the religion of the Jews. It is an attempt by Christians to convert Jews by pretending it is somehow Judaism. And it is not 'winning' in Israel.

I would rather visit a Mosque than one of those impostor churches.

Newsflash: there have always existed small numbers of Jewish believers in Yeshua of Nazareth since the 1st century, and they do not consider themselves "Christians". There were large numbers in the 1st century and there are growing numbers today. They are not "missionaries" (don't proselytize) for obvious reasons (discrimination, persecution by fellow Jews). However of late, they have "come out of the closet" in 1st world democracies, and formed their own congregations. I believe there are 300+ "congregations" in Israel presently, and growing.

It says in Acts 7 that the "religious leaders" stopped their ears, wrent their clothing, threw dust in the air, and screamed at Stephen before stoning him to death. Obviously they hated his message.
I guess if you "stop your ears" and "cover your eyes" then you cannot hear the message. Like a child covering his eyes, he thinks he is "invisible".

Epoisses

The true Jew of Ro 2 is a DNA or proselyte Jew who is circumcised in the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Paul is not saying that believing gentiles become Jews.*

False and the greatest lie of dispensational Christianity. There is an Israel of the flesh (ethnic) and an Israel of the Spirit (believing Jews and Gentiles). You're not a believer, point blank.

Epoisses

A Messianic Jew is a person of Jewish heritage who has come to believe that Jesus of Nazareth is indeed Israel's promised Messiah.

Yea, they joined the church in the 1st century. Ever read Acts? Non-believing Jews stayed in the synagogues and worshipped the law.

chair

Newsflash: there have always existed small numbers of Jewish believers in Yeshua of Nazareth since the 1st century, and they do not consider themselves "Christians". ...

In the first century Christianity started out as a Jewish sect. At the beginning all of Jesus's followers were Jews. Over time it became a Gentile religion, no longer following Jewish laws and customs, and with some ideas taken from other religions.

Epoisses

In the first century Christianity started out as a Jewish sect. At the beginning all of Jesus's followers were Jews. Over time it became a Gentile religion, no longer following Jewish laws and customs, and with some ideas taken from other religions.

Paul the Jewish believer never followed Jewish laws and customs to begin with and neither did most of the Hellenistic or Grecian Jews of the 1st century who made up the bulk of the converts.

beameup

Over time it became a Gentile religion, no longer following Jewish laws and customs, and with some ideas taken from other religions.

Not true. Many Yeshua believers remained in synagogues throughout the Roman Empire and NEVER departed from observance. Paul always went first to the local synagogue. The "synagogue" was the only regular weekly meeting place in most Roman cities. Paul's motto was "to the Jew first".
The same is true today, except that Yeshua believers have formed separate observant congregations and have no connection with any Christian denomination. As well, within Judaism today, there are many "sects" and "divisions" today with varying degrees of "observance".

chair

To worship does mean to serve so those that obey the law are said to serve it and therefore...

You are playing semantic games. "are said to serve it". Seriously now.

Do you obey traffic laws? Does that mean you worship them?

Think for a moment.

Truster

You are playing semantic games. "are said to serve it". Seriously now.

Do you obey traffic laws? Does that mean you worship them?

Think for a moment.

I have thought and I am aware of what it means to worship. To serve is just one of the meanings. I make no apology for stating this fact. To do so in support of the idiot pained me I can tell you. But, the truth is the truth and conveying the correct translation and interpretation is what I do.

Context in the use of the term worship is vital in grasping the nuances. I am not saying that the word worship means "to serve" in every occasion the word appears in scripture...obviously, or maybe not so obvious for some.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A Messianic Jew is a person of Jewish heritage who has come to believe that Jesus of Nazareth is indeed Israel's promised Messiah.

For those in Christ ethnicity is immaterial.

"For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
(Galatians 3:27-28)

Those in Christ are sons of God, the Father is not ethnic, he is Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No. They are obeying the law. That isn't self-worship.

They not obeying the law given through Moses.

"Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles, and they shall not appear before the Lord empty-handed." (Deuteronomy 16:16)

Are you in compliance?

chair

They not obeying the law given through Moses.

"Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles, and they shall not appear before the Lord empty-handed." (Deuteronomy 16:16)

Are you in compliance?

That is an interesting topic, but not the one we were discussing. The statement was "They are obeying the law. That isn't self-worship". Do you agree that it isn't self-worship? Irrespective of how well they are obeying the law.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
For those in Christ ethnicity is immaterial.

"For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
(Galatians 3:27-28)

Those in Christ are sons of God, the Father is not ethnic, he is Spirit.

Paul is speaking of rank according to gender, ethnicity, and master/slave categories.

Typically, those who misunderstand Paul's point insist the Jew must renounce his Jewishness when they become Christian, but say nothing about the Irish, Scottish, English, American, Chinese, etc., having to renounce their family and heritage.

Did you stop being a female when you became a Christian?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you stop being a female when you became a Christian?

Reproduction is unique to the physical creation.

When we are eventually born of Spirit we will not reproduce physically.

The flesh will become history.