Messianic Christology

Glen

Remember joyful one,.......no orthodox Jew accepts that any of the OT so called 'messianic' prophesies were fullfilled by Jesus. My previous post here holds. See all links.

Look at the world today....how many messianic prophesies or proofs of a Messiah and his effects do you see on a global level? The Jewish vision of a Messiah reigning is nil......that is according to their scriptural standards. At best, Christians can only claim an assumed 'personal relationship' with Jesus or some inner transformational power thru subjective religious experience "in Christ"....as some way of 'walking with God' or living 'in the kingdom', individually or in communinity. Its essentially esoteric in nature....beyond what external effects such can produce.

Tossing up a laundry list of prophesies doesn't always cut it, since there's so much more to consider here as far as 'messianic concepts' go. This is why most secularists consider such beliefs 'utopian' or merely 'idealistic'.

pj

The sleepy soul paradigm of the Divine Messiah Seed within, death being a type of amnesia of that Divine Soul within flesh, depicted by the younger sibling through scripture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Appears to be another branch of Judaism.

Jesus is a Messianic Jew, the king of the kingdom of God.

Mosaic Judaism ended in 70 CE to be replaced by Rabbinic Judaism which is not Messianic and is not recognized by Jesus Christ as a valid form of Judaism.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lightweight

More ad hominems from our resident Bozo.

Lets cover my address here (and all linked posts within), to remind you of some important facts about the subject. Perhaps in your 'haitus' away you can sober up a bit and maybe apply some intelligence to the discussion,...wouldn't that be a novel idea?

Try a little sanity, it will do wonders.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
loving service......

loving service......

Hatelight

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

No hate here dear. Just an appropriate response with pertinent commentary and research links for your own learning. Jews and Christians differ in their concept of 'Messiah', to say nothing of 'Christology' which is concern within Christian doctrine and apologetics.

The 'anointed one' can refer to one person (whether totally human, a demi-god or God in the flesh), if he's anointed by God's Spirit, OR to a whole nation or community (or a merger of both), which is a popular conception among orthodox Jews using Is. 53 to speak of Isreal as the 'suffering servant'. Taking the priesthood analogy further, the whole nation of Israel are to be a nation of priests, all anointed as a collective Messiah, this nation being God's servant, anointed to serve as his representative. So 'Messiah' from an original Jewish perspective and meaning can include all these various aspects of persons and community, in whatever way they serve the greater good of humanity.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Gaylight??

I see you're using your 'iphone', but this is still no exuse for not intelligently addressing the discussion-points shared, and adding nothing but one liner 'ad-hominems'. Come on intojoy, you can do better than that. Have a little joy :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
71f87daaf4dd65e757795488099c66e0.jpg

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I see you're using your 'iphone', but this is still no exuse for not intelligently addressing the discussion-points shared, and adding nothing but one liner 'ad-hominems'. Come on intojoy, you can do better than that. Have a little joy :)

I take great delight in messin with gay people. Brings joy to my heart.

Ben Masada

@Ben Mesada

Okay Intojoy, that's true; I am a Messianic Jew but because I believe the Prophets. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Jewish People. We are the Messiah, hence, we all are Messianic Jews aka the son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My son; so, let My son go that he may serve me."