Meet Caitlyn Jenner

bybee

I could only hope that happens so I could come to this forum and see even more conservatives lose their minds. :chuckle:

No one has lost his/her mind. Opinions are being aired. Comments are being made... including yours, you uncivil ....

Granite

Hall of Fame
I believe there is a difference between "hiding" and advertising? between exposing and protecting?

That wasn't what I took from your post at all. More of a "stay out of sight or in the closet" kind of vibe, frankly.

bybee

That wasn't what I took from your post at all. More of a "stay out of sight or in the closet" kind of vibe, frankly.

Well now dearie, that would be your giant leap over a gnat's back wouldn't it?
If he can handle the notoriety it is his business. I don't like to see such a nice guy open himself up for the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".
But again my observation is merely a bystanders view.

republicanchick

dad gummit!

Y isn't there a snarky response to my post (#59)??

It's just not a normal day if there is no malevolent response ..

sigh

++

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well now dearie, that would be your giant leap over a gnat's back wouldn't it?
If he can handle the notoriety it is his business. I don't like to see such a nice guy open himself up for the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".
But again my observation is merely a bystanders view.

I'm sure your breathless concern is helping her right now.:chuckle: :thumb:

bybee

how ironic that he has to resort to massive reconstruction (plastic surgery) and a sex change so that he can be "who he is"

how utterly ironic.

He destroyed who he was

to become a plastic, fake human (physically anyhow).

I pray for his soul, though... He is lost, like all people who do not know Jesus, as in know Jesus through HIS (Jesus's) Church

This is what happens when you don't know the Lord... you get lost.. start focusing on things that ultimately do not matter.

(Oops! I just called him a him)

___

For me, he is a child of God. And he is displaying much that would be better off kept private, not hidden, just private, like all of the bobbling boobies and bouncing buttocks of his female children.

Quetzal

For me, he is a child of God. And he is displaying much that would be better off kept private, not hidden, just private, like all of the bobbling boobies and bouncing buttocks of his female children.
I will agree that the amount of press that is dedicated to this is a bit much. There is a lot more important things to be investing time in.

republicanchick

yeh... I find that (highlighted) to be .. disgusting... guess I am just a prude, huh?

and you as well?

++

HisServant

Psychiatric treatment would have been way cheaper for Bruce then to have been left to his own devices and demons that ended up with him permanently disfiguring himself.

I have this feeling that when he finds out that what he did will not have the outcome he desired that he will commit suicide... and society will be blamed instead of his own choices.

Willful disfigurement is one of the biggest mental diseases we have in America right now, whether it be tattoo's, piercings and cosmetic surgery (non-reconstructive).... but since they are huge money makers, I expect society to turn a blind eye.

Quetzal

Psychiatric treatment would have been way cheaper for Bruce then to have been left to his own devices and demons that ended up with him permanently disfiguring himself.

I have this feeling that when he finds out that what he did will not have the outcome he desired that he will commit suicide... and society will be blamed instead of his own choices.

Willful disfigurement is one of the biggest mental diseases we have in America right now, whether it be tattoo's, piercings and cosmetic surgery (non-reconstructive).... but since they are huge money makers, I expect society to turn a blind eye.
People getting tattoos is a sign of mental illness?

republicanchick

hmmm... u sound so Catholic here...

The Church teaches such mutilations are sinful

__

HisServant

People getting tattoos is a sign of mental illness?

Of course... for many reasons it reveals illness and a huge character flaw.

I would not hire a tattoo's person if I was in my own business... their 'permanent' bad decision would make me question whether I would trust them to make decisions on my behalf.

republicanchick

Jenner is just a product of Hollywood where looks are all important

I pray he finds Jesus, who couldn't care less what anyone looks like (physically)

HisServant

Jenner is just a product of Hollywood where looks are all important

I pray he finds Jesus, who couldn't care less what anyone looks like (physically)

Its more like he craves attention and his kids are currently getting all the attention based on nothing more than their looks and their reality TV show.

I believe he feels as if he has to compete (which is something Olympic athletes tend to have as a driving force more than most)... when the measure of success is only looks, you end up going off the deep end like Bruce

Quetzal

Of course... for many reasons it reveals illness and a huge character flaw.

I would not hire a tattoo's person if I was in my own business... their 'permanent' bad decision would make me question whether I would trust them to make decisions on my behalf.
How is it a "huge character flaw"?

Tinark

Its more like he craves attention and his kids are currently getting all the attention based on nothing more than their looks and their reality TV show.

Always the explanation of a deluded person who can't accept reality: "they must be seeking fame, fortune, or attention. It just MUST be the reason, because no other reason is possible."

Instead of the reality that there is a psychological condition called transgenderism: one's internal/mental sense of their own gender does not match the sex/body they were born with, and that transitioning to the gender that matches their mental state has a high rate of success in improving one's life outcomes for those that choose to go through it (95% reported positive life outcomes according to this Swedish study: https://www.skane.se/Upload/Webbplatser/USIL/Dokument/Sjukhusbibliotek/Johansson, Annika.pdf)