Meet Caitlyn Jenner

Tinark

yWXY79UM.jpg

“Bruce always had to tell a lie. He was always living that lie. Every day, he always had a secret,” Ms. Jenner said in a video posted to YouTube by Vanity Fair. “Caitlyn doesn’t have any secrets.”

Ms. Jenner had started to transition in the 1980s, the article reveals, shortly after winning the gold medal at the Montreal Olympics in 1976. Even as she traveled the United States, making speeches and starring in commercials, she wore pantyhose and a bra underneath her suit. She stopped, fearful of the public reaction, but began again recently when her marriage to Kris Jenner, the matriarch of the Kardashians, ended.

“If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never did anything about it, I would be lying there saying ‘You just blew your entire life,’  ” she told Mr. Bissinger. Bruce Jenner was always lying, she said; Caitlyn can be honest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/business/media/jenner-reveals-new-name-in-vanity-fair-article.html

You go Caitlyn! This is the only life we all have to live, once it's over it's over, so we to take advantage of the little time we have here. Bigots will always try to stand in people's way and spew their hate, but that must be overcome to have a shot at being content with one's life.

The Berean

Yeah, I'm still hazy as to why she's famous in the first place.

A LONG time ago Bruce Jenner was a great sports champion. I was only 8 years old when he won the decathlon gold at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games but I still remember. He was the sensation of the Summer Olympics. He because famous because of his interesting background story. Jenner suffered from dyslexia. He competed during a time of strict amateurism. Track athletes were barred from earning any income from their sport. If a track athlete was discovered to be taking money under the table he/she was banned for life. Track athletes could only receive meager corporate sponsorship like shoes, clothes, and equipment. Jenner often told the story of his quest to win the decathlon Olympic gold medal beginning in 1968. He spent the next eight years on a singular quest to win the gold medal, training full while working part time jobs, and raising his young family. When Jenner won the gold medal he immediately retired and cashed in on his fame. I still can't believe that was almost 39 years ago. It seems like it was last month. In winning he gold medal Jenner also set the world record that lasted nine years.

Last edited:

shagster01

He competed during a time of strict amateurism. Track athletes were barred from earning any income from their sport. If a track athlete was discovered to be taking money under the table he/she was banned for life. Track athletes could only receive meager corporate sponsorship like shows, clothes, and equipment.

I'm glad that changed. What's so cool about tuning in every 4 years to watch not-pro-worthy athletes race eachother?

shagster01

Tinark

A LONG time ago Bruce Jenner was a great sports champion. I was only 8 years old when he won the decathlon gold at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games but I still remember. He was the sensation of the Summer Olympics. He because famous because of his interesting background story. Jenner suffered from dyslexia. He competed during a time of strict amateurism. Track athletes were barred from earning any income from their sport. If a track athlete was discovered to be taking money under the table he/she was banned for life. Track athletes could only receive meager corporate sponsorship like shows, clothes, and equipment. Jenner often told the story of his quest to win the decathlon Olympic gold medal beginning in 1968. He spent the next eight years on a singular quest to win the gold medal, training full while working part time jobs, and raising his young family. When Jenner won the golf medal he immediately retired and cashed in on his fame. I still can't believe that was almost 39 years ago. It seems like it was last month. In winning he gold medal Jenner also set the world record that lasted nine years.

That and she is also the step father of Kim Kardashian and has appeared in TV shows with her.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame