Mean TOL members

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by smaller

Content Dave content.

If you really have specific complaint SPIT IT OUT.

I know you live on the edges of the eternal damnation of others as well...go figure...

You mean like a luke warm theology?

I've said it before, I think that a Univeralist God would be just
as tyranical as a homo hating right wing God.

What's going to happen when Poly gets to the gates and
sees Beanie? She's gonna say "wait a minute, if he's in
there, I'm not going in." You think God's going to force
her into heavan? I think not...

djm

smaller

BANNED
Banned

Oh? and how's that?

Oh? and how is that?
there, I'm not going in."

Yeah, she will be the one whinging about her "wages" and her little shack on the outSKIRTS of town. go figure...
You think God's going to force

Using YOUR theology let's see.

A.) Burn in torture FOREVER...

B.) Spend eternit in BLISS...

Damn that God of force...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by smaller

Yeah, she will be the one whinging about her "wages" and her little shack on the outSKIRTS of town. go figure...

Oh, so your heavan has a good section and a bad section of
town. I see...

Using YOUR theology let's see.

A.) Burn in torture FOREVER...

B.) Spend eternit in BLISS...

Damn that God of force...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A. Accept God's Graceful, Loving invitation into reconcilliation
and paradise.

B. Reject it and suffer in darkness, of your own free will.

God is a God of invitation, not force.

djm

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so your heavan has a good section and a bad section of
town. I see...

I admit this is idle speculation on my part but I have contemplated that some stars are brighter than others.
A. Accept God's Graceful, Loving invitation into reconcilliation
and paradise.

B. Reject it and suffer in darkness, of your own free will.

God is a God of invitation, not force.

I thought better of you Dave. Your presentation amounts to more of the same.

IF you are a BLINDED SLAVE OF SIN in this life, toooo bad.

God not only BOUND you TO disobedience, but at the end of this life He will commence your eternal torture.

Oh, yeah, that SIN He said He is not holding against you? Well, He was LYING. He is going to take that time when you stole the candy bar from the grocery store and AMPLIFY it endless numbers of times torturing your mind and body for all of live long eternity.

Your presentation of FREEWILL PERFORMANCE to "obtain" GOD'S LOVE and God not being ABLE to intervene in a persons life is a bunch of nonsense.

God intervenes CONTINUALLY in this world. Everything is held together by HIM.

You freewiller act like He made the world, gave it a spin. Sent His Son down with a few SENTENCES and then took off.

Then you spend your time condemning others for not using their freewill to GET THEMSELVES OUT OF TROUBLE. You expect them to defeat an entity that is what? Thousands of years old and FILLED with deception and able to enter peoples bodies and manipulate their minds.

go figure.

smaller

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am a disgusting, vile, wicked pervert! I am not worthy of anything God has to offer me, and all he asks is that I accept His gift. He offers it to me even though I don't deserve it. How could someone love me so much?! It breaks my heart. I don't deserve this, but he offers it to me anyway. He tells me that I don't have to get what I deserve. And He merely waits for me to accept or reject. And he doesn't just tell me to go to hell, if I refuse. He merely tells me that hell is what I deserve, but I don't have to go there...and if I ever decide to accept Him, He will be there waiting for me. I think I want to accept that love.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Dave-
The only way beanie is going to be in heaven is if he accepts God's grace. If I get to heaven and see him in there, I will not refuse to go in. I will cry tears of joy to see that he finally accepted the Lord. I will rejoice as the angels do whenever someone accepts the grace. Of course, I will do my rejoicing in the here and now if he ever tells me that he has accepted it, before either of us makes it to heaven.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings lighthouse
I am a disgusting, vile, wicked pervert! I am not worthy of anything God has to offer me, and all he asks is that I accept His gift. He offers it to me even though I don't deserve it. How could someone love me so much?! It breaks my heart. I don't deserve this, but he offers it to me anyway. He tells me that I don't have to get what I deserve. And He merely waits for me to accept or reject. And he doesn't just tell me to go to hell, if I refuse. He merely tells me that hell is what I deserve, but I don't have to go there...and if I ever decide to accept Him, He will be there waiting for me. I think I want to accept that love.

Yeah, GOD'S ETERNAL LOVE IS SOOOOO GOOOODDDDD that it is COMPLETELY AND FOREVER WORTHLESS unless YOU activate it.

and if YOU do not ACTIVATE God's Eternal Love which is so perfect in every way....

Then Eternally Perfect God Love is OBLIGATED to set aside every attribute and BURN THESE PEOPLE IN TORTURE FORVER.

This is the best your mind and heart has to offer from God's Word???

Any child could do MUCH BETTER!

What you present is THE BEST THAT TODAY'S so called "christianity" has to offer...

and it is AS NOTHING...

smaller

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dave Miller

there, I'm not going in." You think God's going to force

djm

If Poly get to the gates and sees anyone she didn't expect to see she won't be looking at them through the prism of "the flesh". Having said that I do not expect to see any unrepentant homos either!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by deardelmar

If Poly get to the gates and sees anyone she didn't expect to see she won't be looking at them through the prism of "the flesh". Having said that I do not expect to see any unrepentant homos either!

:thumb:

If I see beanieboy when I get to heaven I'll be jumping up and down and elated because I'll know that there was a point and time that he Must have repented from his sins, humbled himself and accepted Christ. Otherwise he wouldn't be there.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
adajos,

You have done a good job defending your position, as well as clearing up the many misconceptions about it. I don't consider you "mean" at all.

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
In the words of Colin Quinn:

“What's your last name? Donovan? Stupid, you're Irish Catholic. The reason you're Irish Catholic is because we're the only ones who really believe in that s**t. Ya know the great thing about being Irish Catholic? Hell. All those guys you don't like, they go to Hell. And ya know what Hell feels like? It hurts. It really hurts. I'll bet you like it. That's why I like it.”

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by adajos

So are you suggesting that I am a lukewarm Christian because I disagree with your approach? That's the only sense I can make of that since beanieboy makes no claim to be a Christian.

No, I suggested those passages because of your statement: "I'm not trying to take sides."

I notice you didn't address my post directly to show how she wasn't exalting herself. You disagreed without supporting your idea with reasons.

It's your reasoning I disagree with.

Yes, harshness is useful. Christ clearly was harsh at times. But not to anonymous strangers. He was especially harsh to leaders who were leading people astray and who were being bad examples to their followers.

Not harsh to anonymous strangers? The woman at the well didn't seem to know Jesus, yet he all but called her a slut, didn't He? I don't think the Bible indicates anything other than brothers (in Christ) and neighbors. Who do you consider "too anonymous" to share the Gospel with?

So when you say Christ never tolerated sin, what do you mean by that? Are you denying that he ever associated with sinners prior to repentance? If you mean Christ never excused sin or implied that it was ok, then I agree with you. But perhaps you mean more than that?

No, that's what I meant. Using the excuse that Jesus wasn't always harsh doesn't let folks off the hook from standing against sin.

No, that's not all it takes. Acknowledging that she is a Christian but is still capable of committing the sin of self-righteousness. She refused to even recognize the possibility. Do you as well? You say her fruit isn't prideful, and yet you gave no substantive reason as to why you disagreed with me when I claimed she was exalting herself.

Because I see this:

You are judging a Christian who is judging a sinner. Poly is saved, beanieboy is not. If your intent is to edify or correct Poly's witness perhaps you should speak to her privetly other than derail the witness to the lost one on this thread.

You need to read a bit more closely about the "rejoicing" she will do when people are condemned for eternity.

From dictionary.com

gloat: ... often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction ...

Malicious? Malice: desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another. Poly is this way concerning beanieboy? I tend to think she wants him out of the "malicious" deathstyle of homoism.

"Self satisfaction"? God will be satisfying His own standard of Justice when the unrepentant are sent to hell.

We can play the word game if you want, but I truly believe you misunderstand Poly's intentions toward beanieboy.

I rest my case. Please explain how she is not expressing great pleasure at the misfortune of others.

If I'm not mistaken she was refering to the joy we will have when evil is finally put away after the Judgement. If she were, in her heart, as you claim her to be, she would be on this thread trying to thwart any witness to beanieboy. Those are the people who are taking self pleasure in the misfortune of the unrepentant.

I hope she would be glad.

I tend to believe she would be singing praises to God right along with the angels who were rejoicing. But before we can get that far, beanieboy needs to know what God thinks of him today.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Not calling people foul, offensive names is not equivalent to "tolerating sin".

How about judging the Christian for judging a sinner? I tend to think this most certaining tolerates the unrepentant sinner in favor of preaching to the chior.

I didn't realize the name of the sin was "queer" or "fag" or "homo".

I find it odd... I don't get offended for being called a "hetero", perhaps the perversion itself is the offensive thing. But just for you, I'll use the term sodomite, is that better?

If by your statement you mean you are viscerally repulsed by what they do, then I agree. But I don't think visceral repulsion at sinful actions we treat them worse than other sinners.

Sodomy is repulsive, the act is akin to a "pile of vomit". I'm sorry you missed the point.

I am viscerally repulsed at anal sex within a heterosexual marriage as well. So what? Oh yeah, overweight heterosexual married people having sex also repulses me.

Why are you trying to get the focus off the unrepentant sodomite by even bringing this into the convo?

I'm going to try this again. beanieboy is not a Christian. I think we all agree on that. Why then should we expect his behavior to be Christian behavior? Would you expect a nonbeliever to judge everything correctly? I sure wouldn't. I expect more from Poly, which is why I take issue with her.

So in your book, anything is ok, as long as they are unrepentant. Your judgement is only reserved for Christian witnesses you don't approve of.

The reason I'm directing things at Poly is because she is pushing him away from the truth of the Gospel with personal attacks.

He is dead already, at least Poly is trying to warn him of that fact. Have you bothered yet?

Actually they did act. All the time. It's just that their actions were the wrong actions. They condemned and judged incessantly without loving. Jesus was upset with their wrong actions as well as their inaction on the important things.

Right, they did the easy things like "go to church" and "tithe", but they didn't know God in their heart, they kept those away from God who aught be drawn near, like the lame and blind. They went by their own standard of righteousness, not God's.

In fact, sometimes they did the right actions. In the parable of the Widow's mite, the hypocrite gaves tons of money to God. It was his motivations, his heart, that were wrong. The Pharisees appeared righteous from the outside, but on the inside they were rotten. That's why Christ called them "whitewashed walls".

The merely judgemental Christian takes issue with the Christian witness, a Christian who judges rightly take issue with unrepentance. I see more Pharisee in those that stand in front of the Law shaking their fingers at folks who desire to bring the unrepentant out from under the Law.

If you don't look righteous on the outside, then a comparison to a Pharisee is a bad comparison.

Isn't there a saying... don't judge by outward appearance?

Of course "upon their own rules" was intended to get at the incessant rules about how if we don't call people foul names we don't really love them.

No one is stopping you from witnessing to beanieboy in the way you are called, except you (if you haven't).

Look, if that's what I've been doing, then may God truly forgive me and may beanieboy know Christ personally. However, I think I've been trying to prevent pointless harm be done to an unbeliever by getting a wrong idea of how Christians ought to act.

Even better, you are leaving beanieboy in death, while showing him it's ok to judge those who judge him. Judging rightly would go further toward your goal.

beanie knows the Gospel message already. I decided to try a more action-oriented strategy in witnessing, namely by caring when he is abused.

He is dead. He partakes of a deathstyle that is abusive. Unless you have started speaking to him about his sin recently, I've missed your witness on this thread. Beanieboy doesn't know he is sinning in the eyes of God. If he doesn't know that, why does he need a Savior? I don't agree beanieboy knows the first thing about the Gospel.

Have I ever anywhere in this thread claimed that Christians shouldn't judge. Is not calling him a "queer" equivalent to not judging?

I tend to think what you are saying in this back and forth to be even more ominous. "Speak nothing but kindness to sodomites, that will convict them of their sin." Let me know if it works for you, so far, I have never witnessed a sodomite being convicted by niceness. But I have witnessed harshness convicting sin.

Not all witnesses must begin directly with a gospel presentation, especially when the nonbeliever is already familiar. Sometimes it begins with standing up for what's right.

Ok, so stand up for beanieboy getting out of sodomy. Let him know his life is an abomination and his works are dirty rags in God's eyes.

And obviously you haven't read Chileice's posts to beanieboy either.

About all I've seen so far fom Chileice is what I have read from you and a couple others. If you both have brought beanieboy the Law so he can see he needs a Savior, I have no complaint against either of your witnesses.

See, I don't think you're reading what I've written. This is a blatant strawman. I have never denied it's a sin, I have never stated that we shouldn't oppose it. It is a sin. We ought to inform sinners of that truth. It's how we do it, and the attitude with which we do it that concerns me.

And I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. "Nice" has homos in the pulpit. Again, I haven't seen much of an example of "how" from the "judge-not crowd".

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Although the Bible in some places condemns homosexuality the guilt of Sodom was not homosexualism. So "sodomy" is wrong word for it.

Again... the judge notters worried over words instead of actions...

Do you have something you want to focus on and discuss or are you just meandering around in this discussion?

NOT AT ALL. I just think that some people miss to read the whole list of the sins mentioned and point out to homosexuality as it would be the worst one.

Sodomy is the apparent topic of this thread, so, if you feel compelled to preach about another of those on the list, TOL has plenty of room for new threads :)

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Ninevah, you should use your FINGER to LIFT beanieboys burden rather than CONDEMN HIM TO DEATH by ETERNAL FIRE.

You and Poly and Sibbie and AIM meal exemplify what Jesus said HERE:

Matthew 23
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Here is what THE HEAD taught:

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

This is what you CHIEF PHARISEES do:

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Jesus had THE UTTMOST CONTEMPT for people who are JUST LIKE YOU!

smaller

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

The woman at the well didn't seem to know Jesus, yet he all but called her a slut, didn't He?
Nevertheless, He did not call her a slut or other derogatory names, did He?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
smaller,
Have you once confronted beanieboy on his deathstyle? Or do you want to show your love to him by sending flowers to his early funeral? Why is it you won't even address one post toward the sodomite who's deathstyle is going to cause him disease and early death? I don't want to practice your flavor of worldly tolerant love, it harmed me for too many years, I refuse to be a party to it again.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Lucky

Nevertheless, He did not call her a slut or other derogatory names, did He?

If the intention was to shame her, it's obvious He didn't have to go that far.