Marijuana

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

And i do not smoke it in front of my kids ONLY because it is illegal...
Why does that matter to you?
and second hand smoke of any kind is not good for them.
The firsthand smoke isn't good for you, not to mention the drivers you and your husband endanger while you're on the highway.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Billy:
Every precaution? Are you sure? The ultimate precaution would be to stop smoking it.

LDD:
the ultimate precaution to not endangering my children in a car wreck would be to never let them get in a car.

Likewise, the ultimate precaution to not endangering your children to drug abuse would be to not smoke dope.

Billy:
We are 'attacking' you because you are putting your children at an unnecessary risk. We are concerned for your children, how can that be a bad thing?

LDD:
if you were really concerned for my children you would make remarks in a less offensive manner so as to assure that your points would not be overruled by your poor attitudes.

My remarks were not offensive, I have been rather jovial during our entire discourse. Do not take imaginary offense as a method of relinquishing your responsibilities to your children.

Billy:
We all have our different posting styles.

LDD:
some are not very effective in getting a point accross.

Perhaps, but I think your defensiveness stems from the fact that you don't want to quit smoking pot and the people posting to you today have made a very good case as to why you should quit.

Billy:
But you are high around your children.

LDD:
no, i am not

No????? Do you come home after driving around smoking pot with your husband? You are still high, whether or not your children are awake or sleeping. How would you feel if a fire broke out and you were too stoned to save them?

Billy:
I thought we already determined that you are indeed being VERY careless.

LDD:
YOU might have the OPINION, based only on the information given here, that i am being very carless, however it is not a fact.

Any time you are in the same house with your children while you are high is certainly careless.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by BillyBob

Likewise, the ultimate precaution to not endangering your children to drug abuse would be to not smoke dope.

My remarks were not offensive, I have been rather jovial during our entire discourse. Do not take imaginary offense as a method of relinquishing your responsibilities to your children.

Perhaps, but I think your defensiveness stems from the fact that you don't want to quit smoking pot and the people posting to you today have made a very good case as to why you should quit.

No????? Do you come home after driving around smoking pot with your husband? You are still high, whether or not your children are awake or sleeping. How would you feel if a fire broke out and you were too stoned to save them?

Any time you are in the same house with your children while you are high is certainly careless.

my children are not endangered and the only reason you think so is because the leagality of the issue. Earlier in this discussion it seems everyone had different views than they do now.

As for the reamarks i was not referring to you in particular, rather most comments in general.

Actually i think NO ONE has made any CASE toward anything except for the fact that there is a possibility of me being pulled over while smoking in which case it isn't like i would go to prison over a joint.

have you EVER heard of anything so absurd happening? probably not! and usually by the yime we return we are not high thank you.

And i think there are much bigger issues that you could be exhausting your time toward rather than picking on someone who MIGHT be the slightest bit "high" while there kids are asleep!
i mean, that's really picking out some small stuff!

No one answered my question about have you ever had a drink in front of or around your children did they?

Crow

since i was like 15, but definetely not steady since then!

no ( i don't smoke during the day )

LDD,

While I believe that there are medical applications for marijuanna that will eventually become mainstream, rolling up a joint and smoking it while the kiddies are in bed doesn't sound like it's being used for medicinal purposes. It's possible that you do have a medical condition, but as a nurse I can think of only a few where smoking grass is an appropriate treatment. In some forms of cancer, it has been shown to be useful, and there is ongoing research to develop a drug based on marijuanna that will take advantage of wanted effects, like ammelorating the pain of terminal cancer and the nausea that goes along with chemotherapy, without the side effects.

As it is right now, marijuanna is not the front line therapy for any disease. It has been used in a few instances which to my mind are appropriate--in people who are non-responsive to other existing treatment. I'm talking about the few cases I've seen in 26 years of being a nurse--a guy with terminal prostate cancer who was getting chemotherapy to prolong his life, and for whom the conventional drugs for nausea and pain just weren't cutting it Offhand, I can think of 2 other cases similar to this one. I know that I haven't seen more than a handful.

You've been smoking the stuff off and on since you were 15 years old. This, coupled with the incredible co-incidence that you would say that your husband would be one of the very few people that benefit more from marijuanna than he would any other drug, kinda makes me believe that your usage and his are primarily recreational. If I have cancer, I have cancer all day, not just when the kiddies are tucked away.

You're smoking the stuff to get high. You just judged Turbo saying that it is "unchristian-like" to judge and rebuke. Do you think that it is "christian-like" not to condemn illicit drug use and getting recreationally stoned?

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

i didn't CALL anyone anything, i put a smilie at the end of a statement to portray what i thought about the conversation as a whole,
OK.

I i never said you claimed it was wrong to judge and name call. I AM saying that i think that it is not very christian-like to do so,
nor do i think it is very christian like to hurt others feelings by mocking them and making fun of them.
It isn't christian-like, true, because most christians think they can be nicer than God. But Christ himself was judgmental, taught that His followers should judge rightly, and even engaged in namecalling when appropriate. So these behaviors may not be christian-like, but they are Christ-like.

I came here hoping to get a little guidance from other christains about some things in my own life that maybe i was unsure of.
It wasn't until it became abundantly clear that you were rejecting all guidance that didn't affirm your behaviour, and that you were talking out of both sides of your mouth regarding your drug use, that people started treating you like a fool who hates correction.

But one thing i am very sure of is that i was treated rudely just because of my difference in lifestyle,
You've been treated rudely because of your attitude.
no one thought to react to me in a way that would redirect me if they were all so concerned,
Maybe you should re-read the first several pages of this thread.
I'm sorry but i just don't see where God would be very approving of your name calling and making fun of me in other places like i can't see it right in front of my face.
I don't think anyone was trying to hide it.

Nothing you said made me change my mind about anything except for thinking that there were some pretty cool intelligent people in here.
But you had your mind made up about marijuana before you ever started this thread, didn't you?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I have yet to see a Christian here offer a biblical case for weed's prohibition...:think:

It may not be something you'd enjoy personally, but so what?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

I have yet to see a Christian here offer a biblical case for weed's prohibition...:think:

I am not a biblical scholar, so I never take that position. However, simple common sense would dictate that being high around your children is not the most benificial scenario as a parent.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I am not a biblical scholar, so I never take that position. However, simple common sense would dictate that being high around your children is not the most benificial scenario as a parent.

As is being drunk around your children. But alcohol's not bad, and is biblically encouraged and condoned.

Crow

Why would it be necessary for a Christian to base every opinion on the Bible?

There's quite a bit that isn't specifically addressed in scripture.

And my opinion of the merits of illicit drug use isn't based on what I enjoy personally--I've taken plenty of illegal drugs in the past and personally enjoyed all of them. That doesn't mean that using them was a good thing. Mostly it means that I was being a jackass.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

As is being drunk around your children. But alcohol's not bad, and is biblically encouraged and condoned.
But being a drunkard is not condoned. And getting high is a form of intoxication.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why don't you make the observation about heroin?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Crow

Why would it be necessary for a Christian to base every opinion on the Bible?

There's quite a bit that isn't specifically addressed in scripture.

And my opinion of the merits of illicit drug use isn't based on what I enjoy personally--I've taken plenty of illegal drugs in the past and personally enjoyed all of them. That doesn't mean that using them was a good thing. Mostly it means that I was being a jackass.

Ah, a new club! I'll be a charter member, I was also a Jackass.

Welcome to the 'Former Jackass Club'. :banana:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Ya know, Crow, us 'formers' have a certain authority and understanding about this subject that if properly presented, could be quite benifical to potheads like LDD.

Any suggestions?

Crow

Ya know, Crow, us 'formers' have a certain authority and understanding about this subject that if properly presented, could be quite benifical to potheads like LDD.

Any suggestions?
I know for myself, I get more done and I don't risk my license and my means of earning a living when I'm not stoned.

So far, everything I've seen from LLD has been her attempts at justification for her current drug usage. I've seen no indication that she had any intention of quitting, even if it is proven to her that what she does is not beneficial.

Y'all know the routine, I'm sure.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Crow

I know for myself, I get more done and I don't risk my license and my means of earning a living when I'm not stoned.

So far, everything I've seen from LLD has been her attempts at justification for her current drug usage. I've seen no indication that she had any intention of quitting, even if it is proven to her that what she does is not beneficial.

Y'all know the routine, I'm sure.

The one thing that seemed to strike a partucular note with LDD is that she recognized her children are not being considered entirely. Never underestimate the maternal instinct, I hope it serves her well in this instance.