Marijuana

Thia

Originally posted by On Fire

:nono: Wrong. Ask one of the many recovering addicts around here.

I knew it! Most addicts drop one addiction and pick up another one right away - they can't help themselves. Knowing there a lot of rehab-ers on this site explains a lot of the more antii-social comments that get thrown around here. LDD, don't forget your salt! (Wink)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

Wow that is rich, so it's ok for you or your wife to have a pleasurable buzz around your kids but not me,

That's correct, you are not allowed to have pleasurable buzz around my kids.

Did you know that beer is legal? Who gets a buzz off of 1 beer, anyway?

why do you have the mpression that i smoke so much weed i can't see straight anyway???? when i smoke i am not argumentative at all or anything else damaging to my family. So you can have a fun time, enjoy your buzz, play guitars whatever...but i should uphold the most strict lifestyle i can so as not to damge my children.:confused:

3 main points: You AND your husband are both stoned simultaneously. Pot is illegal. Neither I nor Mrs. BillyBob drive under the influence.

IF MARIJUANA WERE LEGAL NO ONE WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT I AM DOING!!!

If crack were legal, would you have a problem with a crack whore neglecting her children?

All things considered, no one really has a problem with what i am doing, except for the legality, that's where the problem comes in.

No, the real problem is that you get wasted while driving around with an illegal substance then come home stoned while your kids are in the other room.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I don't reacall asking if anyone thought it was wrong for me to partake in a half of a joint 5 nights out of the week

:noway: Here, you might wanna read this:

Why Marijuana Anonymous?

Why a separate program for marijuana?

Marijuana Anonymous, like most other 12 Step programs that came along after Alcoholics Anonymous, started "with a coffee pot and a resentment." The addicts that started the first Marijuana Anonymous meetings didn't feel comfortable sharing about their problems in the other programs aimed at chemical dependencies, and in some meetings, they were actually told that they couldn't share. Eventually, a few got enough sobriety (and enough courage) to start their own meetings aimed at their drug of choice, sometimes meeting in their own homes.

The diseases of alcoholism and addiction are the same no matter what the drug of choice, but sometimes the symptoms are different. You can use to go up or come down. Your substance of choice depends upon which way you want to go, and what you've been exposed to.

The early members of MA found that, for the most part, marijuana is a "high bottom" drug and they had a hard time identifying with some of the heavier substance abusers who had lost everything they had. Marijuana is also more tranquilizing than some of the speedier drugs and the early recovering pot addicts had a hard time identifying with addicts who used in order to get wired. Marijuana addicts tend to smoke their pot and just sit around and then sit around some more. They usually continue to function and even manage to hold on to their jobs, which sets them apart from many of the other substance abusers.

It is very difficult to go to a meeting and be called a "lightweight" by the other addicts when you are absolutely despondent about what is happening to your life and are trying frantically to get clean. Being told to "Come back when you get a real addiction" doesn't help either. Marijuana addicts already have a real addiction.

Members of MA range from addicts who did nothing but marijuana, to addicts who did everything possible and could get off everything else but not pot. They needed special meetings aimed at coping with marijuana addiction. Now they have a refuge among people who know that pot addiction is nothing to joke about.

Where did Marijuana Anonymous start?

Marijuana Anonymous started in a number of places at almost the same time. It is a program whose time had come. Some of the original meetings weren't even called Marijuana Anonymous. There was a Marijuana Smokers Anonymous in Orange County, California, a Marijuana Addicts Anonymous in the San Francisco Bay Area, and two groups called Marijuana Anonymous: one in Los Angeles, and the other in Seattle, Washington. They all came into being around 1986 and 1987.

How did MA become just one group?

Unity happened with a lot of hard work and faith by some of the early members of the groups. The different organizations began to hear of each other through members traveling and moving. In 1989 it was decided that a few people from each of the areas would get together and see if they had enough in common to form one united organization. Delegates were chosen from the societies in Orange, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area to meet in Morro Bay, California (a half-way point for those three groups) for their first "Unity Conference." The Seattle association was contacted by phone. The name Marijuana Anonymous was chosen as the Los Angeles group had already incorporated under that name. Some of the very basic ideas of Marijuana Anonymous were agreed upon during that first small meeting.

The delegates agreed to another meeting to be held in October of 1989. It was called the first General Service Conference. Delegates from the three California regions and the Washington group attended this meeting where the wording of the Steps and Traditions of Marijuana Anonymous was adopted.

Who started Marijuana Anonymous?

In theory, Bill W. did. As one of the founders of AA, he is the architect of all the Twelve Step programs. Different people (it always takes at least two for one addict to help another) started the Marijuana Anonymous meetings in each of the four original groups of Marijuana Anonymous. To remind us where the inspiration for our beginnings came from, the MA meeting format states:

"Marijuana Anonymous uses the basic Twelve Steps of Recovery founded by Alcoholics Anonymous, because it has been proven that the Twelve Step Recovery program works!"

Who is a marijuana addict?

"We who are marijuana addicts know the answer to this question. Marijuana controls our lives! We lose interest in all else; our dreams go up in smoke. Ours is a progressive illness often leading us to addictions to other drugs, including alcohol. Our lives, our thinking, and our desires center around marijuana---scoring it, dealing it, and finding ways to stay high."

This quote is reprinted from the meeting format of Marijuana Anonymous.

Thia

Originally posted by granite1010

So some get addicted and some don't. This is true of any vice.

Exactly. Like I stated previously, addictive personalities who quit one vice soon become obsessed with something else, be it Jesus, golf, video games, shopping, preaching to the choir, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Thia

Exactly. Like I stated previously, addictive personalities who quit one vice soon become obsessed with something else, be it Jesus, golf, video games, shopping, preaching to the choir, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Oh, heavens, don't go suggesting religion is just one more fix...:cool:

Thia

Oh, heavens, don't go suggesting religion is just one more fix...:cool:

Opiate for the masses? I think I've heard that somewhere before....oh dear, must have been a commie.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Probably.

Hey, here's a thought. If we can lambast the reds, why doesn't somebody come up with a good ole fashion goosestepper smilie, too? The REAL bad guys?:think:

Thia

Probably.

Hey, here's a thought. If we can lambast the reds, why doesn't somebody come up with a good ole fashion goosestepper smilie, too? The REAL bad guys?:think:

Brilliant!! And don't forget the brown shirts!

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
ya' know for only $200 i can be a premium gold member (i could be annoying from inside the loop!)and if i throw in an extra couple hundred i could make a myriad of appropriate smilies! this is the most tempting use of money i have come across in quite some time!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Probably.

Because they are basically the same people, commies, nazis, democrats....they're all the same.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

ya' know for only $200 i can be a premium gold member (i could be annoying from inside the loop!)and if i throw in an extra couple hundred i could make a myriad of appropriate smilies! this is the most tempting use of money i have come across in quite some time!

I'm sure Knight would be happy to accomodate you.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey LDD, I have a question for you.

I already told you that my boys have seen me drink a beer on numerous occassions. I drink responsibly and they are learning to do so some day when they start drinking. You have said that you hide your pot smoking from your kids.

My question is:

Why don't you smoke pot in front of your kids?

What's the difference between my kids seeing me drink a beer and your kids seeing you smoke a joint?

:think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Repercussions, perhaps.

No biggie if I let slip my dad drinks, but, assuming he enjoyed a joint every now and then, my little sister might blurt that out to a friend of hers.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I was hoping LDD would answer my questions. Not that I mind your input, Granite, but I'd rather see her answer them on her own.

I suspect there are other reasons........

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
What makes you think that I should waste my time getting into a big discussion over all of this again? Everyone has stated their views, they obviously differ from my own, and because of that many have joined into the grand idea that I should leave. Imagine! a bunch of Christian people taunting and being rude to someone so they will leave a Theology chatroom all because they do something they don't like. Not anything blasphemous or rude or unholy, just something different. Since when did Jesus say " Hey, go forth and bash those who think differently than you, and then justify yourselves by telling them that it's ok because, hey, Jesus was judgemental!" and we all know how Jesus-like everyone is being! So why do you care to keep asking me questions? Not that I would mind to answer anything because I have nothing to hide, and I am firm in my beliefs, so I don't mind putting myself out there for disection as I have. But out of curiosity, what's the point?