Marijuana

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by BillyBob

Denial is a symptom of addiction.

right, so if i feel differntly i should just walk away and curl my tail between my legs, because as we all know, if you "deny" something you MUST be an addict.

No, i'm sorry and addict is a person who allows what they are doing to overshadow everything else in their life, they can only think of that one thing, nothing else matters, they shirk all of their daily responsibilites, they become changed people who let that one thing control them. That is not me, why is that so hard to believe.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Crow

Let's look at what's far fetched. A person comes onto a Christian message board, posts that she smokes grass, and doesn't expect a negative reaction? Puh-leeze! :rolleyes: If you were able to read the post you quoted with comprehension, you would have noted this:

and possibly even this:

or even this:

Reread the post, and point out to me where you were mentioned.

I am referring to the majority of recent posts. I was not speaking just to you in what i said. I should have made that clear. I do acknowledge that you said those few things, you aren't one of the people who have been hounding me incessantly though. And those points are somehow getting overlooked by most in my case.
And i hope that everyone will notice them now that you have singled them out.

Crow

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

I am referring to the majority of recent posts. I was not speaking just to you in what i said. I should have made that clear. I do acknowledge that you said those few things, you aren't one of the people who have been hounding me incessantly though. And those points are somehow getting overlooked by most in my case.
And i hope that everyone will notice them now that you have singled them out.

I've seen the posts that disagree with you. You know something? I think that they are right.

It's wise not to ask for people's opinions if you don't want to hear them and will take offense, because you will surely get their opinions.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

I've seen the posts that disagree with you. You know something? I think that they are right.

It's wise not to ask for people's opinions if you don't want to hear them and will take offense, because you will surely get their opinions.

So what are everyones views on marijuana, politics, and the bible?
Do you think it should be legal?
Do you support medicinal use?
Recreational use?
Do you think marijuana is mentioned/used in the bible?
Do you think it is wrong all together?
And please elaborate on your view...

I don't reacall asking if anyone thought it was wrong for me to partake in a half of a joint 5 nights out of the week with my husband while my children are being well taken care of....maybe everyone is a little too opinionated. I just can't understand why it is such a HUGE deal to you people. I do not do it around my children or when i have to care for them (not that i think i couldn't) i do not neglect my children i am not a bad person, i try my best to be godly and to uphold my morals, i am doing a LOT of things right as a matter of fact. We make good money we take care of everything that needs to be taken care of, no one wants for anything, we spend quality time together as a family, i devote my every attention to this household and the people in it, i NEVER even leave this house excpet to go to wal mart at night and when i do i like to smoke some of a joint on the way to relax and because it helps some of my back pain. I go non stop day and night and i do a lot for everyone. I have a sick husband and a sick child and a house under construction and my whole self is devoted soley to everyone and everything else. So excuse me if i take a little me time at night when i have a moment to myself. I feel that i am doing nothing wrong. If i weren't doing that to relax i would probably need some kind of medication because i can assure you that my life is very hectic all the time, you really have no idea. So i want to relax naturally without a bunch of chemicals or alcohol, is that so bad!

Crow

So what are everyones views on marijuana, politics, and the bible?
Do you think it should be legal?
Do you support medicinal use?
Recreational use?
Do you think marijuana is mentioned/used in the bible?
Do you think it is wrong all together?
And please elaborate on your view...

I don't reacall asking if anyone thought it was wrong for me to partake in a half of a joint 5 nights out of the week with my husband while my children are being well taken care of....maybe everyone is a little too opinionated. I just can't understand why it is such a HUGE deal to you people. I do not do it around my children or when i have to care for them (not that i think i couldn't) i do not neglect my children i am not a bad person, i try my best to be godly and to uphold my morals, i am doing a LOT of things right as a matter of fact. We make good money we take care of everything that needs to be taken care of, no one wants for anything, we spend quality time together as a family, i devote my every attention to this household and the people in it, i NEVER even leave this house excpet to go to wal mart at night and when i do i like to smoke some of a joint on the way to relax and because it helps some of my back pain. I go non stop day and night and i do a lot for everyone. I have a sick husband and a sick child and a house under construction and my whole self is devoted soley to everyone and everything else. So excuse me if i take a little me time at night when i have a moment to myself. I feel that i am doing nothing wrong. If i weren't doing that to relax i would probably need some kind of medication because i can assure you that my life is very hectic all the time, you really have no idea. So i want to relax naturally without a bunch of chemicals or alcohol, is that so bad!

So how did people know all of your business? Because you put it out, of course! :idea:

Crow

Good idea. Either that, or don't start a thread and tell all of your business in the first place if you can't handle the comments people are bound to make.

SOTK

Originally posted by SOTK

:up:

I have never used the stuff and am not interested in it at all, however, it aggravates me to no end when fellow Christians or non-believers justify the over use of alcohol and demonize the use of marijuana.

Yes, I realize one is legal and the other is not, however, both cause chemical changes within the psyche of humans. Personally, I feel alcohol, as a drug, can be more harmful than marijuana. Alcohol plays more of a factor in domestic violence, auto accidents, and divorce than marijuana. I don't want to necessarily come off like I am saying that alcohol shouldn't be consumed. I'm just pointing out what I see as a glaring point of justification. I find it interesting that the drug which is legal we have more problems with, socially, than the other. Also, it frustrates me when some Christians totally accept the use of alcohol as being fine yet rebuke the use of marijuana.

I don't know....food for thought I guess.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

Good idea. Either that, or don't start a thread and tell all of your business in the first place if you can't handle the comments people are bound to make.

i can handle the comments and the difference of opinion, i cannot handle outright rudeness form people who are supposed to be christians. not meaning you so much, you seem to be intellignet enough to not have to resort to such in order to get your point across, some others however have been quite uncuth. In all honesty, i could have gotten this kind of behavior on any other of your every day forums out there, but i came here because i thought people would be kind, there was never any reason for anyone to treat me rudely just because i won't belive what everyone wants me to believe.

Crow

i can handle the comments and the difference of opinion, i cannot handle outright rudeness form people who are supposed to be christians. not meaning you so much, you seem to be intellignet enough to not have to resort to such in order to get your point across, some others however have been quite uncuth. In all honesty, i could have gotten this kind of behavior on any other of your every day forums out there, but i came here because i thought people would be kind, there was never any reason for anyone to treat me rudely just because i won't belive what everyone wants me to believe.

You are being unrealistic if you think that Christians will not say harsh things about activities they consider to be harmful. Being a Christian does not stop one from judging behaviors which one believes to be wrong, nor rebuking those who accept or promote it.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

You are being unrealistic if you think that Christians will not say harsh things about activities they consider to be harmful. Being a Christian does not stop one from judging behaviors which one believes to be wrong, nor rebuking those who accept or promote it.

WHOA! maybe you TOTALLY missed the first few pages of this thread where everyone had the same notion that legalizing the stuff would be fine and no one seemed to think it to be very harmful. If you like i can go back and do some quoting. So it seems to me that a lot of these Christians have become, (oh no dare i say it?) hypocrites. they didn't think so wrongly of it in the beginning, why do you think i am having such a hard time with all this. It went from one mood to another on this thread, the same people who in the beginning said it was ok, now are harping at me for doing it. Hmmmm.....:think:

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Thia

(Pouring Diet Coke down drain....)

Alcohol can be such a bad thing - it ruins relationships, careers, you name it. Marijuana, on the other hand, just seems to make people zone out. My brother-in-law, a doctor, smoked marijuana while undergoing chemo for his cancer and it helped him overcome his nausea and perk up his appetite a tad. Don't know of any Biblical implications regarding pot, though!

On Fire

No, i'm sorry and addict is a person who allows what they are doing to overshadow everything else in their life, they can only think of that one thing, nothing else matters, they shirk all of their daily responsibilites, they become changed people who let that one thing control them. That is not me, why is that so hard to believe.
:nono: Wrong. Ask one of the many recovering addicts around here.

erinmarie

LivingDeadDoll-
I've thought about this alot since our "conversation" last night. Although I don't believe that I was being Un-Christianlike, as you claimed, I do think some of what I said was childish. I was doing it in fun and didn't mean any harm, I didn't do it purposely to hurt your feelings or malign you as a person in any way. What I did mean to do was to show the lunacy of your actions as an adult woman, using an illegal substance as a crutch to get through the difficulties of life.
I've done few things that I'm actually ASHAMED of in my lifetime, things I would honestly take back if I could, and they were all under the influence of marijuana. I cannot imagine the callousness of purchasing and using it in any responsible fashion.

If you feel exactly as you claim to feel about your use of this illegal and addictive substance, so be it. Why does it matter how we feel about it, and why continue to defend yourself about it. Make another thread about another interest, Parenting, Books, Movies, Bible Stories, Pet Peeves, a fun activity, a funny website....

I'm sure you are a good person, with the wrong attitude towards the use of an illegal substance.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by billwald

I think that milk is a gateway drug.

The difference between MJ and booze is that MJ doesn't incite to violence.

Most street cops including myself think that MJ should be legalized.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by elohiym

God created the hemp plant, along with every "herb yielding seed after his kind..." According to God, the hemp was good.

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

God instructed man to use the herbs as food. He gave those herbs to mankind to be consumed, and put no restrictions on how the herbs could be used.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat (food).

God gave the herbs "for the service of man."

Psalms 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.

Paul talks about doctrines of devils, one of which was commanding to abstain from certain foods. A command to abstain from hemp would clearly be a doctrine of devils, as hemp was created, like all herbs, to be received with thanksgiving. Note Paul's choice of words, and how it ties into Genesis.

1 Timothy 4:1-5 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats (foods), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature (created thing) of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Finally, Jesus states that nothing one puts in their mouth defiles them...

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Mr Jack

Wow. I never expected the folks round here to be so balanced on this issue.

If I ran the world marijuana would be legal, and taxed, like alcohol. Although it is harmful if taken in large quantities and can trigger psychosis in those already susceptible, for the vast majority of people who take, or have taken it, doing a little dope is a pleasant and harmless experience.

I don't believe there's any evidence of marijuana as a gateway drug. In Britain today something like 45% of 18-25 year olds have tried marijuana on one or more occasions. The number that have taken anything else is far smaller.

Crow

WHOA! maybe you TOTALLY missed the first few pages of this thread where everyone had the same notion that legalizing the stuff would be fine and no one seemed to think it to be very harmful. If you like i can go back and do some quoting. So it seems to me that a lot of these Christians have become, (oh no dare i say it?) hypocrites. they didn't think so wrongly of it in the beginning, why do you think i am having such a hard time with all this. It went from one mood to another on this thread, the same people who in the beginning said it was ok, now are harping at me for doing it. Hmmmm.....:think:

Which Christians do you believe have changed their minds on the issue?

I've seen some say that marijuanna should be legalized for the purpose of relieving law enforcement of the almost impossible task of dealing with it.

I've seen several, myself included, say that it has medicinal applications in certain situations.

Who has changed their mind about the merits of recreational usage?

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
BOTTOM LINE: stop assuming that i am "abusing" anything, i do it in moderation. and stop comparing what i am doing to what you all might have done. I smoke half a joint on my way to wal mart, i shop for household needs (not much fun there) i go home, maybe watch a movie before i die from exhaustion from my hectic day. ( Not really that exciting ) and i have my wits about me enough that i do not intoxicate myself to the point that i would be in danger of doing something stupid!!! No different than if i were to have a cocktail with dinner. I feel i am doing nothing wrong against God, by ingesting a natural herb that he put on this earth for man's use. I am not allowing what i do to overrun my responsibilities, i do not "have" to do it, i am not endangering my children, i am not endangering myself. I am not smoking so much weed that i cannot think clearly. Everything i do in my life is well thought out and brought before God. If it happens to not be agreeable to you then that really isn't my problem. I am sorry that you all feel so horribly toward me, but when i die i am not going to stand before any of you, nor will i have to stand before God and have him review my life based on what the people at TOL think of me. If you think poorly of me for what i do it really doesn't bother me at all, i just didn't want to walk away and have anyone think i could not stand up for my beliefs. But now, i say to you that i will NO LONGER COMMENT IN THIS THREAD! it is consuming too much of my time and it is going to go no where as i am firm in my beliefs. I will ask that you not hold this thread over my head because i would still like to participate in other conversations. Do as you will, as will I, if nothing else, i will not be soon forgotten! (what, no one offers a smilie smoking a joint for me to use at the end of all my posts?)