Marijuana

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
If you will excuse me my CHILDREN will be home shortly and since i DO think of them i must go so we can have our regular playtime together before homework!

Sozo

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

If you will excuse me my CHILDREN will be home shortly and since i DO think of them i must go so we can have our regular playtime together before homework!

Rolling Playdough?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

i have taken EVERY precaution i can think of to keep this away from my children so what are you getting so worked up over?

Every precaution? Are you sure? The ultimate precaution would be to stop smoking it.

It isn't like i'm doing lines of coke off of my chidrens toys here, and does anyone recall the start of this discussion where we all pretty much agreed that nothing in the bible says it is wrong, that God gave us all seed bearing plants for our use? You cannot base your assumption that i am self centered soley on this one matter. I think this discussion has gotten away form the topic and now people are attacking others personally.

We are 'attacking' you because you are putting your children at an unnecessary risk. We are concerned for your children, how can that be a bad thing?

CALLING NAMES, JUDGING OTHERS, MAKING ACCUSATIONS!
i thought a lot of the people here were christians!

We all have our different posting styles.

yes i smoke marijuana, i do not do it around my children

But you are high around your children.

Atleast if i am going to do it i am not being careless.

I thought we already determined that you are indeed being VERY careless.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

Yes, that is quite possible, but is it worth the risk?

I think we have a consensus on this point, even LDD is begining to see it.

Weed's easier to get than illegal booze for minors. The risk is everywhere, whether or not your parents take an occasional (or not-so-occasional) hit.

Sooner or later, most teens will be exposed to weed directly or indirectly.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Turbo

I thought you said husband smoked to alleviate his MS symptoms. Now you're saying that you two only go to get high when he isn't having symptoms?

What happens when the symptoms "come swiftly" while he's driving at night, when they are most likely to do so?

maybe where i have gone wrong is trying to explain my husbands disease or the effects therein, in a few short sentences. It would take a while to fully explain it all to you. I will find the time soon to better explain myself. if you want to say that i am not doing it now because of some silly reason and make some insulting remark as most others have done. Fine. i will still explain myself as promised.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by BillyBob

Every precaution? Are you sure? The ultimate precaution would be to stop smoking it.

We are 'attacking' you because you are putting your children at an unnecessary risk. We are concerned for your children, how can that be a bad thing?

We all have our different posting styles.

But you are high around your children.

I thought we already determined that you are indeed being VERY careless.

the ultimate precaution to not endangering my children in a car wreck would be to never let them get in a car.

if you were really concerned for my children you would make remarks in a less offensive manner so as to assure that your points would not be overruled by your poor attitudes.

some are not very effective in getting a point accross.

no, i am not

YOU might have the OPINION, based only on the information given here, that i am being very carless, however it is not a fact.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
another point i might make is this...
are you people telling me that you have never taken a drink of alcohol in front of your children, no champagne at a wedding? no cocktail at a get together, not one beer? because we wdon't want them to be alcoholics. AND are you telling me that you don't even drink when NOT around your children, because we all know that if you were to do so that they might one day find out and become an alcoholic who grows up to beat their family in a drunken rage and eventually dies from liver failure. I want to be clear that you all are taking the ultimate precaution.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Turbo - here's your explanation - i don't have to have an explanation! I never said we ONLY smoked it for medicinal reasons, and if symptoms come on very quickly he pulls over, but there is some rhyme and reason to his nightime symptoms so we are pretty good at judging when we can do something and when we can't and if we need to pull over or come home we do, usually we are able to come home before it gets bad though. i'm not here to defend my husbands illness and i'm not about to continue to insult him by doing so needlessly. the topic here is marijuana, not ms, if you would like to start another thread on the subject of ms and the treatment of symptomns, be my guest and i will be more than happy to join in the discussion of such.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

another point i might make is this...
are you people telling me that you have never taken a drink of alcohol in front of your children, no champagne at a wedding? no cocktail at a get together, not one beer? because we wdon't want them to be alcoholics. AND are you telling me that you don't even drink when NOT around your children, because we all know that if you were to do so that they might one day find out and become an alcoholic who grows up to beat their family in a drunken rage and eventually dies from liver failure. I want to be clear that you all are taking the ultimate precaution.
What you do is not comparable to having "one beer." It's to getting hammered every other night after the kids go to bed.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
i'm sorry i do not agree with your statement turbo, how can you even begin to compare smoking half a joint to getting hammered? give me some basis on why it is you feel that these two things are in the same boat...

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
says who? personally i think it isn't always agreeable but a lot of people i know say they love it. and i'm sorry but you're gonna have to come up with more than that...

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

What you do is not comparable to having "one beer." It's to getting hammered every other night after the kids go to bed.

this is a very strong statement to make, please give me tangible evidence that this is so.... even some of the people who do not approve of it would disagree with this statement.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Oh and for those of you that keep "shouting" about me, i consider it a compliment to know that i have caused such a stir that you people can find nothing better to do than talk about - ME!
I do tend to make my presence known.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

says who? personally i think it isn't always agreeable but a lot of people i know say they love it. and i'm sorry but you're gonna have to come up with more than that...
Oh, so first you claimed to smoke it for medicinal reasons. Then you admitted you smoke it to enjoy the high. Now you just like the flavor? Give me a break.

If you really think what you do is no different then drinking "one beer," why don't you smoke it in front of your kids? I'd drink a beer in front of my kids. I wouldn't sneak off late at night to sneak a beer so my kids wouldn't know.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

CALLING NAMES, JUDGING OTHERS, MAKING ACCUSATIONS!
i thought a lot of the people here were christians!

...So we all have a differnce of opinion i can see, and that's fine, but for a group of people such as this with obvious intellignece to reduce to name calling and judging others as their source to defer someone away form doing something that they claim is wrong seems a little WRONG to me.:confused: :kookoo: :nono: :(
Since you think it's always wrong for Christians to judge others and namecall, why do you judge us for it and call us kookoo?

(By the way, we don't claim that it is always wrong to judge and namecall.)

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Since you think it's always wrong for Christians to judge others and namecall, why do you judge us for it and call us kookoo?

[Cough]hypocrite[/Cough]

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
i didn't CALL anyone anything, i put a smilie at the end of a statement to portray what i thought about the conversation as a whole, I i never said you claimed it was wrong to judge and name call. I AM saying that i think that it is not very christian-like to do so, nor do i think it is very christian like to hurt others feelings by mocking them and making fun of them. I came here hoping to get a little guidance from other christains about some things in my own life that maybe i was unsure of. But one thing i am very sure of is that i was treated rudely just because of my difference in lifestyle, no one thought to react to me in a way that would redirect me if they were all so concerned, it was all overshadowed by their insults. And i came to TOL because i thought people would behave a little better in here than they do everywhere else. And why is it that i have to be wrong in order for you to be right?? I'm sorry but i just don't see where God would be very approving of your name calling and making fun of me in other places like i can't see it right in front of my face. A little bit of things like that is one thing but a lot of it can hurt someones feelings. And if none of you care about hurting anothers feelings then maybe you should reevealuate your position as a christian. Nothing you said made me change my mind about anything except for thinking that there were some pretty cool intelligent people in here.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 5:20
20Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

Oh, so first you claimed to smoke it for medicinal reasons. Then you admitted you smoke it to enjoy the high. Now you just like the flavor? Give me a break.

If you really think what you do is no different then drinking "one beer," why don't you smoke it in front of your kids? I'd drink a beer in front of my kids. I wouldn't sneak off late at night to sneak a beer so my kids wouldn't know.

maybe you need to re read some things.. i NEVER said i only smoked it for medical reasons, and i said that i DO NOT find the taste agreeable. And i do not smoke it in front of my kids ONLY because it is illegal and second hand smoke of any kind is not good for them. Maybe you need to be a little more careful in your reading!