Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

Nimrod

Doctors see rise in toddler marijuana overdoses
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 9:34 PM PDT

If pot goes legal you will have an increase of usage. Once the price of the item goes cheaper, more of it is sold. Basic economics. Better to have marijuana overdose than paint thinner overdose or crack cocaine overdose.

You focus on the negative of legalization. The positives outweighs the negatives. Do you know of any positives?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If pot goes legal you will have an increase of usage. Once the price of the item goes cheaper, more of it is sold. Basic economics. Better to have marijuana overdose than paint thinner overdose or crack cocaine overdose.

You focus on the negative of legalization. The positives outweighs the negatives. Do you know of any positives?

Thanks for showing the "positive" aspects of marijuana legalization Nimrod:

Legalization of marijuana=more usage (and hence more misery and despair by those who use it and the people and community that surround those marijuana users).
The cheaper marijuana is the demand will rise (children included).
Marijuana overdose is better than other types of overdose (you forgot to use water in your analogy).

Boy, they should have used you in the anti marijuana campaign here in WA State Nimrod. You make a great case for criminalizing it!

staind.raindrop

Gen 1:29. If God didn't intend for man to consume marijuana, why is it such an effective medicine for so many people? It is technically an herb that bears seed, you know. Do you really think that He intended for people to go without medicine for their ailments until we could develop the science and technology for pills? No, he gave us medicine in plants of all kinds.

It's the government that's bad for us, not plants. Do you know what they're trying to do to produce? And that alcohol withdrawals are the only withdrawals capable of killing a person, yet it's one of the only things we're legally permitted to get addicted to? Don't tell me they don't want people sick and oblivious. THAT'S what's easy to control.

gcthomas

Thanks for showing the "positive" aspects of marijuana legalization Nimrod:

Legalization of marijuana=more usage (and hence more misery and despair by those who use it and the people and community that surround those marijuana users).
The cheaper marijuana is the demand will rise (children included).
Marijuana overdose is better than other types of overdose (you forgot to use water in your analogy).

Boy, they should have used you in the anti marijuana campaign here in WA State Nimrod. You make a great case for criminalizing it!

Do you want to criminalise everything that is fun but causes harm in some people, or just the fun-yet-harmful things that you don't do yourself?

Would you criminalise alcohol consumption? Rally driving? Bungee jumping (mostly kills only younger people, of course)? Fatty and sugary foods?

muslimsoldier

The idea that there will be more government for the legalization of weed, is rather absurd in the private citizen sector. Weed will be taxed, just like cigarettes and alcohol; here in Washington they have a 21% tax on all liquor. It will be increased taxes and more revenue for the states.

This war on drugs that Republicans have been so adament about, what benefit has it allowed the American people to enjoy? If you live on the border, you're in danger of getting killed by drug lords and the same goes with those living within inner cities. We have people who sell weed in prison for years, but our country allows child molestors to be set free after spending less than a year in prison. You're really worried weed is going to demoralize our society, based on what stat? The founding fathers all smoked weed and drank beer, but you guys like to quote them as inspiration for our people today.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gen 1:29. If God didn't intend for man to consume marijuana, why is it such an effective medicine for so many people?

The medicinal marijuana movement is a hoax. It's used as a gateway to make recreational marijuana (which this thread is about, not medicinal marijuana) legal.
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/marijuana/Dangerous_fraud.pdf

BTW: Are you a current marijuana smoker? If not, were you a past marijuana smoker, and if so, why did you quit?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you want to criminalise everything that is fun but causes harm in some people, or just the fun-yet-harmful things that you don't do yourself?

No, just the harmful behaviors that YOU partake in gc.

:wave:

I know this is a stupid question to ask, but here it goes:

Are you a current marijuana smoker, and if not, did you smoke marijuana in the past, and if so, why did you quit?

Again, I want those that fit into the above categories to come forward and tell us why marijuana is good for others, but not good enough for you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The idea that there will be more government for the legalization of weed, is rather absurd in the private citizen sector. Weed will be taxed, just like cigarettes and alcohol;

Covered in the OP.

TAXES: Nobody knows how and at what level to tax pot. Too low, and the states won't be able to afford intense regulatory supervision of the industry. Too high, and pot users may stay in the black market.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3732496&postcount=1

...here in Washington they have a 21% tax on all liquor. It will be increased taxes and more revenue for the states.

Yet the cost of hard liquor raised substantially from what it was before, hence a major theft problem for retailers.

Shoplifting increases with WA State hard liquor sales
http://newstalk870.am/shoplifting-increases-with-wa-hard-alcohol-store-sales/

Back to marijuana:

Also keep in mind that due to employee accidents, absenteeism, etc., many employers have a drug free workplace, testing potential employees for drug use before hiring, and testing suspected drug users after being employed.

My point here is that a black market will continue because those that are currently employed will not want to risk being seen going into a State authorized marijuana retail store.

BTW: Are you a current or past marijuana smoker? One would think not being that you're a muzzie, but then one never knows what to expect from that ever so strange religion.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Yet surprisingly you didn't answer mine.

Are you currently a marijuana smoker, or have you used it in the past? If you quit, why?

Perhaps as surprising as you not answering mine. Why should I answer your question if you won't even address mine?

As I mentioned in an earlier post:

I want to do something different in this dope thread, something others haven't done. I want those that are pushing this harmful drug onto society (including society's children) to come forward and tell us if they are marijuana users, or if they were in the past, why did they quit?

Come on staind, smoking marijuana is the equivalent to drinking a glass of water (or so I've been told). I'm not ashamed of drinking 5 or 6 glasses of water a day, you shouldn't be ashamed of inhaling and holding smoked filled THC into your lungs.

On that note: Where are my manners? Here's a little treat for those that are so intent on pushing marijuana onto society.

Dig in people.

GETTY_B_011112_Twinkies.jpg

staind.raindrop

As I mentioned in an earlier post:

I want to do something different in this dope thread, something others haven't done. I want those that are pushing this harmful drug onto society (including society's children) to come forward and tell us if they are marijuana users, or if they were in the past, why did they quit?

If this was your sole intent, why was I under another impression? Oh, it's because you can't seem to keep to a point. Are you loaded? I mean, you've got pictures of Twinkies laying around on your hard drive and everything.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If this was your sole intent, why was I under another impression? Oh, it's because you can't seem to keep to a point. Are you loaded? I mean, you've got pictures of Twinkies laying around on your hard drive and everything.

Thank you for posting in my thread.

Next.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're in Washington, its legal, try some and get back to is acw.

The thought of associating with loooooosers like this is one good reason not to smoke dope:

teally-high-people-21.jpg

On a positive note: Her male counterpart most likely won't be reproducing.

"Researchers in California have found a possible link between using marijuana and developing testicular cancer. Conducting a case-control study in Los Angeles County, they found that men who had testicular germ cell tumors were about twice as likely to report having ever used marijuana as men without these tumors.

Testicular cancer is expected to be diagnosed in 8,590 men in 2012. It is often highly treatable, and usually curable. More than 90% of these cancers are germ cell tumors. The rate of testicular cancer has been increasing for several decades, but experts are not sure why. The study, published online Sept. 10, 2012 in the American Cancer Society journal Cancer, speculates that environmental causes, including recreational drug use, may play a role."
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/news/study-links-marijuana-use-to-testicular-cancer

I guess I missed your and staind's answer to my question:

Are you currently a dope smoker, or have you been one in the past, and if so, why did you quit?

I'll add one more question:

Do either of you have plans on fathering children?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I bet people who run convienience stores would love to see pot made legal. They already sell the pipes and munchies. Sure the sales of those would increase.

staind.raindrop

I guess I missed your and staind's answer to my question:

Are you currently a dope smoker, or have you been one in the past, and if so, why did you quit?

I'll add one more question:

Do either of you have plans on fathering children?

Uh, you 'excused' me from your thread, remember, smokey? You want me to answer you about cancer? I think you'd better make sure before you answer that one.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I keep seeing stuff on facebook that my friends post about pot curing cancer as well as other health problems. I guess its good that I don't believe everything I read on facebook.

gcthomas

"Researchers in California have found a possible link between using marijuana and developing testicular cancer. Conducting a case-control study in Los Angeles County, they found that men who had testicular germ cell tumors were about twice as likely to report having ever used marijuana as men without these tumors.

Did you read the linked paper? No? Then you wouldn't have seen that the estimated increase in testicular cancer due to dope use was between nothing and three times. Yup. The research was consistent with NO INCREASE!

Interestingly, the researchers also asked about other drugs, concluding that cocaine use DECREASED the incidence of testicular cancer by 10 to 50%. Are you going to recommend that marijuana users migrate onto cocaine for their own health?