Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stoned Drivers Are Killing More and More Innocent Victims

May 12, 2016

According to the Washington State Marijuana Impact Report, the incidents of marijuana-impaired driving are increasing dramatically. Fatal driving accidents have risen 122 percent between 2010 and 2014, according to the Washington State Traffic Safety Commission. Marijuana is big business in Washington state. There are more marijuana businesses than Starbucks in Washington state (despite the fact that Starbucks was founded in Seattle).

The traffic safety organization AAA has its own reports on marijuana use among drivers in fatal crashes, and the picture is equally bleak.

And don’t be fooled—the pot pushers are targeting youth with marijuana...

The science is clear and unambiguous—pot is a dangerous substance. It is not like alcohol at all. There is a reason it is classified as a Schedule I controlled dangerous substance, right along with heroin, LSD, and ecstasy. The American Medical Association, the American Lung Association, and other reputable doctors and scientists all reject legalization...

Read more: http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/12/stoned-drivers-are-killing-more-and-more-innocent-victims/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Uh oh, more bad news for you dopers out there:

Little-known illness tied to smoking weed on the rise

12-29-16

NEW YORK -- For more than two years, Lance Crowder was having severe abdominal pain and vomiting, and no local doctor could figure out why. Finally, an emergency room physician in Indianapolis had an idea.
*“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder said.
The answer was cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS. It’s caused by heavy, long-term use of various forms of marijuana. For unclear reasons, the nausea and vomiting are relieved by hot showers or baths.
“They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado. He co-authored a study showing that since 2009, when medical marijuana became widely available, emergency room visits diagnoses for CHS in two Colorado hospitals nearly doubled. In 2012, the state legalized recreational marijuana.
“It is certainly something that, before legalization, we almost never saw,” Heard said. “Now we are seeing it quite frequently.”

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...he-rise/ar-BBxF7iw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

gcthomas

Uh oh, more bad news for you dopers out there:

Little-known illness tied to smoking weed on the rise

12-29-16

NEW YORK -- For more than two years, Lance Crowder was having severe abdominal pain and vomiting, and no local doctor could figure out why. Finally, an emergency room physician in Indianapolis had an idea.
*“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder said.
The answer was cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS. It’s caused by heavy, long-term use of various forms of marijuana. For unclear reasons, the nausea and vomiting are relieved by hot showers or baths.
“They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado. He co-authored a study showing that since 2009, when medical marijuana became widely available, emergency room visits diagnoses for CHS in two Colorado hospitals nearly doubled. In 2012, the state legalized recreational marijuana.
“It is certainly something that, before legalization, we almost never saw,” Heard said. “Now we are seeing it quite frequently.”

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...he-rise/ar-BBxF7iw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

The good news for the dopers is that the condition is completely reversible, with no long term health repercussions.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The good news for the dopers is that the condition is completely reversible, with no long term health repercussions.

LOL...they just love their dope and will tell any amount of lies to promote it.

Lung Health and Marijuana Smoke
Smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung. Research shows that smoking marijuana causes chronic bronchitis and marijuana smoke has been shown to injure the cell linings of the large airways, which could explain why smoking marijuana leads to symptoms such as chronic cough, phlegm production, wheeze and acute bronchitis.4,9
Smoking marijuana has also been linked to cases of air pockets in between both lungs and between the lungs and the chest wall, as well as large air bubbles in the lungs among young to middle-aged adults, mostly heavy smokers of marijuana. However, it's not possible to establish whether these occur more frequently among marijuana smokers than the general population.4
Smoking marijuana can harm more than just the lungs and respiratory system - it can also affect the immune system and the body's ability to fight disease, especially for those whose immune systems are already weakened from immunosuppressive drugs or diseases, such as HIV infection.4,9

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

What do they know ey gc, they're only the American Lung Association (pssst, pay close attention to that last sentence ;) ).

gcthomas

LOL...they just love their dope and will tell any amount of lies to promote it.

Lung Health and Marijuana Smoke
Smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung. Research shows that smoking marijuana causes chronic bronchitis and marijuana smoke has been shown to injure the cell linings of the large airways, which could explain why smoking marijuana leads to symptoms such as chronic cough, phlegm production, wheeze and acute bronchitis.4,9
Smoking marijuana has also been linked to cases of air pockets in between both lungs and between the lungs and the chest wall, as well as large air bubbles in the lungs among young to middle-aged adults, mostly heavy smokers of marijuana. However, it's not possible to establish whether these occur more frequently among marijuana smokers than the general population.4
Smoking marijuana can harm more than just the lungs and respiratory system - it can also affect the immune system and the body's ability to fight disease, especially for those whose immune systems are already weakened from immunosuppressive drugs or diseases, such as HIV infection.4,9

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

What do they know ey gc, they're only the American Lung Association (pssst, pay close attention to that last sentence ;) ).

And yet the symptom you raved about is far more minor than you implied. Go figure.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And yet the symptom you raved about is far more minor than you implied. Go figure.

"They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado."

5 visits to the ER, sounds pretty serious to me.

gcthomas

"They’ll often present to the emergency department three, four, five different times before we can sort this out,” said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room physician in Aurora, Colorado."

You're no medical man. Of course people sometimes go to ER with tummy cramps. But when they are told to take a hot shower to relieve the symptoms and perhaps cut back on the weed, that doesn't take it to the levels of a broken hip or a cardiac arrest, does it?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

You're no medical man.

Both articles that I posted had comments by people who are.

Of course people sometimes go to ER with tummy cramps. But when they are told to take a hot shower to relieve the symptoms and perhaps cut back on the weed, that doesn't take it to the levels of a broken hip or a cardiac arrest, does it?

Did you say "cut back on the weed"? And here I thought marijuana was harmless (how do I know? TOL dopers told me so).

BTW, if you dopers weren't tying up the ER rooms with your whiny little complaints of "I got a tummy ache doctor, save me! save me!", it would open up rooms for those who are truly in need of medical care.

gcthomas

Did you say "cut back on the weed"? And here I thought marijuana was harmless (how do I know? TOL dopers told me so).

Yes, like a doctor might say "You've got heart palpitations, so cut down on the coffee" or "You got to much weight around the middle so cut down on the burgers" or "You've got knee pains so cut down on the running" or "You've got verbal diarrhoea so cut down on posting nonsense on web forums".

So "You've got tummy problems so cut down on the weed".

:carryon:

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

BTW, if you dopers weren't tying up the ER rooms with your whiny little complaints of "I got a tummy ache doctor, save me! save me!", it would open up rooms for those who are truly in need of medical care.

Yes, like a doctor might say "You've got heart palpitations, so cut down on the coffee" or "You got to much weight around the middle so cut down on the burgers" or "You've got knee pains so cut down on the running" or "You've got verbal diarrhoea so cut down on posting nonsense on web forums".

So "You've got tummy problems so cut down on the weed".

:carry-on:

(You gotta love how these dopers reason: they compare their harmful drug to things like running, eating and drinking coffee).

Thank you for acknowledging that marijuana isn't the harmless drug that you drug pushers claim it is.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bryan Fischer: "Pot: It's a lot worse than you think"

February 14, 2019

We've seen an absolute stamped in the last several years to legalize pot, whether for medicinal purposes or recreational use.

We were told that there are legitimate medicinal uses for marijuana. The evidence for this is entirely anecdotal as medical science has yet to identify any verified and confirmed health benefit to using the drug. While some users celebrate it's value in producing pain relief, Alex Berenson writes in Imprimis that "Almost everything you think you know about the health effects of cannabis...is wrong." For instance, a four-year study of patients with chronic pain in Australia showed that cannabis use was actually associated with greater, not lesser, pain over time.

Another flat-out myth is that pot can curb opioid use. The truth, sadly, is quite the other way round. Marijuana is in fact a gateway drug, which leads to experimentation with other drugs. The American Journal of Psychiatry wrote in January 2018 that people who used cannabis in 2001 were three times as likely to use opiates just three years later.

But most disturbing of all is a clearly demonstrated link between cannabis use and mental illness. Rather than serving as a cure for psychiatric problems it's actually a cause. In particular, marijuana can cause or worsen severe forms of mental illness, particularly psychosis, which in layman's terms means a total break with reality. Teens who smoke pot regularly are three times as likely to develop schizophrenia, the most devastating psychotic disorder.

With about 12 million Americans using cannabis 300 times a year, this is not a theoretical concern. What makes the situation worse is that what teens are smoking today is not your father's Mary Jane. In the 70's, most marijuana contained less than two percent THC, the psychoactive ingredient in pot. Today, the figure routinely is 20-25%. It produces a stronger high and a quicker high. Marijuana users comprise about 1.5% of all Americans, but account for 11 percent of all emergency room cases of psychosis.

The most disturbing thing about all this is the link between marijuana and violence. Dr. Seena Fazel, an Oxford University psychiatrist and epidemiologist, found that people with schizophrenia are an alarming five times as likely to commit violent crimes, and almost 20 times as likely to commit murder.

A study of 265 psychotic patient in Switzerland found that young men with psychosis who were also cannabis users had a 50% chance of becoming violent. Yikes. This seems to be due largely to the link between cannabis-fueled paranoia in psychotic patients. Most defendants who committed homicide during a psychotic episode believed they were in danger from the victim.

As Berenson reports,

The first four states to legalize marijuana for recreational use were Colorado and Washington in 2014 and Alaska and Oregon in 2015. Combined, those four states had about 450 murders and 30,300 aggravated assaults in 2013. Last year, they had almost 620 murders and 38,000 aggravated assaults – an increase of 37 percent for murders and 25 percent for aggravated assaults, far greater than the national increase, even after accounting for differences in population growth.

According to reports from Texas, cannabis is also associated with an alarming number of child deaths due to abuse and neglect, far more than from alcohol and more than cocaine, meth, and opioids combined.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/190214

WizardofOz

Bryan Fischer: "Pot: It's a lot worse than you think"

February 14, 2019

We've seen an absolute stamped in the last several years to legalize pot, whether for medicinal purposes or recreational use.

We were told that there are legitimate medicinal uses for marijuana. The evidence for this is entirely anecdotal as medical science has yet to identify any verified and confirmed health benefit to using the drug. While some users celebrate it's value in producing pain relief, Alex Berenson writes in Imprimis that "Almost everything you think you know about the health effects of cannabis...is wrong." For instance, a four-year study of patients with chronic pain in Australia showed that cannabis use was actually associated with greater, not lesser, pain over time.

Another flat-out myth is that pot can curb opioid use. The truth, sadly, is quite the other way round. Marijuana is in fact a gateway drug, which leads to experimentation with other drugs. The American Journal of Psychiatry wrote in January 2018 that people who used cannabis in 2001 were three times as likely to use opiates just three years later.

But most disturbing of all is a clearly demonstrated link between cannabis use and mental illness. Rather than serving as a cure for psychiatric problems it's actually a cause. In particular, marijuana can cause or worsen severe forms of mental illness, particularly psychosis, which in layman's terms means a total break with reality. Teens who smoke pot regularly are three times as likely to develop schizophrenia, the most devastating psychotic disorder.

With about 12 million Americans using cannabis 300 times a year, this is not a theoretical concern. What makes the situation worse is that what teens are smoking today is not your father's Mary Jane. In the 70's, most marijuana contained less than two percent THC, the psychoactive ingredient in pot. Today, the figure routinely is 20-25%. It produces a stronger high and a quicker high. Marijuana users comprise about 1.5% of all Americans, but account for 11 percent of all emergency room cases of psychosis.

The most disturbing thing about all this is the link between marijuana and violence. Dr. Seena Fazel, an Oxford University psychiatrist and epidemiologist, found that people with schizophrenia are an alarming five times as likely to commit violent crimes, and almost 20 times as likely to commit murder.

A study of 265 psychotic patient in Switzerland found that young men with psychosis who were also cannabis users had a 50% chance of becoming violent. Yikes. This seems to be due largely to the link between cannabis-fueled paranoia in psychotic patients. Most defendants who committed homicide during a psychotic episode believed they were in danger from the victim.

As Berenson reports,

The first four states to legalize marijuana for recreational use were Colorado and Washington in 2014 and Alaska and Oregon in 2015. Combined, those four states had about 450 murders and 30,300 aggravated assaults in 2013. Last year, they had almost 620 murders and 38,000 aggravated assaults – an increase of 37 percent for murders and 25 percent for aggravated assaults, far greater than the national increase, even after accounting for differences in population growth.

According to reports from Texas, cannabis is also associated with an alarming number of child deaths due to abuse and neglect, far more than from alcohol and more than cocaine, meth, and opioids combined.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/190214

What do Bryan Fischer or Alex Berenson really know and where are the links to these cited studies?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do Bryan Fischer or Alex Berenson really know and where are the links to these cited studies?

Yeah, lies, nothing but lies ey Aaron?

With your expertise at emailing people, I'm sure if you contacted Alex Berenson, he would show the particular studies as evidence to back his claims.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/marijuana-mental-illness-violence/

But then this information is nothing new, as that big ole mean DEA that wants to keep Americans from their constitution right to get high, has shared that information for years.

https://www.dea.gov/factsheets/marijuana

WizardofOz

Not saying that I would legitimately like to take a look at the studies. I wonder why they didn't link to them...:think:

I've read studies that have very different conclusions, especially when it comes to marijuana as an alternative to the much more dangerous and more addictive opioids currently being prescribed like it's candy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Not saying that I would legitimately like to take a look at the studies. I wonder why they didn't link to them...:think:

You can add that question to your email when you contact Alex Berenson.

I've read studies that have very different conclusions, especially when it comes to marijuana as an alternative to the much more dangerous and more addictive opioids currently being prescribed like it's candy.

I've glanced at a few 'studies' that High Times and Cannabis Culture have posted as well. While I would like to believe that those who are making 10's of billions of dollars off of marijuana legalization
https://hightimes.com/business/10-largest-marijuana-companies-raking-in-huge-profits/

are interested in the truth, I didn't fall off of the turnip truck yesterday.

way 2 go

[h=1]The Negative Effects of Marijuana 2019[/h]

• 2018 study: Half of all first-time patients admitted for drug treatment worldwide are for cannabis, which therefore is even more than for heroin and cocaine combined, according to Psychological Medicine.
  • 2017 study: Violence was two-and-a-half-times more likely from pot-smokers discharged from psychiatric hospitals than from others. Canadian researchers studying U.S. patients ruled out other possible explanations such as alcohol contribution or that perhaps "violent people use cannabis", published in Frontiers in Psychiatry.
  • 2017 study: Bristol University researchers peer-reviewed study of 5,000 youths found that teens who regularly smoke pot are 26 TIMES more likely to begin using other drugs by age 21, and they're 37 TIMES more likely to be addicted to nicotine and 3 TIMES more likely to have an alcohol problem, all as compared to teens who don't smoke marijuana.
  • 2017 study: The Journal of Neuroscience is identifying at the cellular neuron level how pot causes addiction and strongly interferes with the brain's sophisticated physiological reward system, which could be why Miley Cyrus and Woody Harrelson recently quit smoking dope.
  • 2017 study: Pot smokers are four times more likely to get a heart attack, etc., says a Case Western Reserve study of 210,000 cannabis smokers compared to ten million non-users.
  • 2017 study: Colorado's Children's Hospital, in a post-legalization study, saw teens with marijuana intoxication or who tested positive for pot increase from 146 in 2005 to 639 in 2014. Unlike teens answering surveys, blood tests don't lie.
  • 2017 study: Quest Diagnostics, mega workplace-testing lab, reports 2016 drug use up nationwide and single-year increases in the "legalization" states Washington, up 9 percent, and Colorado, up 11 percent.
  • 2017 study: Highway Loss Data Institute reports that from 2012 to 2016 car crashes are up in decriminalization states. Oregon 4%; Washington 6%; Colorado 14%, as compared to neighboring states, including as THC-involved crashes soar.

https://kgov.com/negative-effects-of-marijuana-pot-research-shows-cannabis-is-harmful

2016 study: ALL 1,000 U.S. pot smokers studied in a Journal of Alzheimer's Disease paper had "low blood flow" throughout the brain and, tragically, restricted blood flow in the brain's memory/dementia region