Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is with not allowing people under 21 to buy dope? You will get less government if it is truly legal. By putting an age restricting, you are just setting up for more government manipulation of the market.

Once Pot goes Free. Use will go up across the board. It is simple economics. Once an item goes cheaper/more available, more of it is bought. I do not understand how there can be a "demand" in a FREE market to cause the cost to go "sky high" compared to what the government has done to it. That made no sense to me.

Here we have a drug pusher who like most drug pushers, doesn't care if children get their hands on marijuana.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

If you lived in WA or CO, would you start again? I assume you're talking about man's laws, not God's, as getting hiiiiigh goes against His Word.

http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-drugs.html

So you still want to get hiiiiiigh, but not by inhaling?

As a Christian, don't you have a duty to non-believers as well? Don't you have a duty to put good men and women into public office who legislate righteous laws, not laws that are detrimental to the individual, their family and society in general?

I don't know what is meant by high. If you mean drunk as in under the control of thc like being filled with wine, then no.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
God does watch over.
There is none righteous, none innocent.

Tell that to the family of 24 year old Blake Gaston.

10-7-13

BELLEVUE [WA]— A 33-year-old man who allegedly hit a motorcyclist after failing to yield on a left turn Friday night in Bellevue is expected to be charged with vehicular homicide after allegedly admitting he was high on medical marijuana at the time of the accident.

Caleb J. Floyd was involved in an accident that killed 24-year-old Blake Gaston Friday night at the intersection of NE 10th Street and 102nd Avenue NE, court documents show. According to police, Floyd failed yield on a left turn and ran into Gaston, who was traveling westbound on NE 10th Street in an orange 2005 KTM 450 motorcycle.

Following the accident, a drug recognition expert interviewed Floyd and determined he was intoxicated even though he blew a 0.00 blood-alcohol level in a voluntary test. The drug recognition expert asked Floyd if he smoked marijuana, and he allegedly admitted to smoking pot just before the crash.

“I knew you were going to pin this on that,” Floyd allegedly told police.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/10/07/man-suspected-in-vehicular-homicide-high-on-pot/#ixzz2p9H4kAG9

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Tell that to the family of 24 year old Blake Gaston.

10-7-13

BELLEVUE [WA]— A 33-year-old man who allegedly hit a motorcyclist after failing to yield on a left turn Friday night in Bellevue is expected to be charged with vehicular homicide after allegedly admitting he was high on medical marijuana at the time of the accident.

Caleb J. Floyd was involved in an accident that killed 24-year-old Blake Gaston Friday night at the intersection of NE 10th Street and 102nd Avenue NE, court documents show. According to police, Floyd failed yield on a left turn and ran into Gaston, who was traveling westbound on NE 10th Street in an orange 2005 KTM 450 motorcycle.

Following the accident, a drug recognition expert interviewed Floyd and determined he was intoxicated even though he blew a 0.00 blood-alcohol level in a voluntary test. The drug recognition expert asked Floyd if he smoked marijuana, and he allegedly admitted to smoking pot just before the crash.

“I knew you were going to pin this on that,” Floyd allegedly told police.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/10/07/man-suspected-in-vehicular-homicide-high-on-pot/#ixzz2p9H4kAG9

I wouldn't try to defend that.

The question I'm thinking you are asking is a theological one. Can thc be used moderately in a way that it will not impair one's abilities? The answer is yes. The problem is that the drug is not as strong as alcohol so the vast majority of casual pot smokers are overdosing themselves.

I have no problem not smoking. I also do not condemn myself for smoking it previously. I do know the difference between having a buzz and being wasted of stoned out of my mind.

I guess I wouldn't know how fully the drug affects unbelievers since I've never been one. I imagine that it can be a tool of the evil one in a dramatic way in the lives of unsaved people. So are other drugs. And I've seen some believers get involved with false doctrines as a result of thc use.

I will only defend use if it is legal and then even still it would be only to be done moderately so as not to be controlled by it. If it becomes a habit and it controls one's will it becomes sinful.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't try to defend that.

You couldn't defend that if you tried.

The question I'm thinking you are asking is a theological one. Can thc be used moderately in a way that it will not impair one's abilities? The answer is yes. The problem is that the drug is not as strong as alchohol

Is the answer "yes"? Can a parent get hiiiiigh on dope and still be able to think clearly enough to give his 3 year old son CPR or drive him to an emergency room because the little boy did something life threatening while his hedonistic daddy was busy toking away?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have no problem not smoking.

Obviously you had a problem smoking marijuana or you'd still be doing it.

I also do not condemn myself for smoking it previously. I do know the difference between having a buzz and being wasted of stoned out of my mind.

Here in WA State in preparation of more DUI's because of marijuana legalization, we're hearing and seeing videos like this on radio and tv.

Nimrod

Here we have a drug pusher who like most drug pushers, doesn't care if children get their hands on marijuana.

Children get their hands on drugs now. Making it illegal did not stop that problem. Your argument does not hold water.

Can children overdose on water? Shall we make that illegal?

Jabin

aCW, you're your own worst enemy. Anyway, you're making an argument for pot legalization. Illegal "drug pushers" are happy to try to get children to buy pot. But, legal dealers will refuse to sell to children. So, legalize and put the pusher out of business.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Children get their hands on drugs now. Making it illegal did not stop that problem. Your argument does not hold water.

Can children overdose on water? Shall we make that illegal?

And here we have the drug pusher comparing marijuana to water.

Let me know when ER's have an influx of children overdosing on water.

Doctors see rise in toddler marijuana overdoses
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 9:34 PM PDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Doctors at the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of young children overdosing on marijuana.

In the most extreme cases, doctors say toddlers have been admitted to the emergency room comatose.

"I remember one case where a child ended up getting a lumbar puncture, a CAT scan. And about a day into it, a half a day into it, ended up getting a drug screen, which is something we don't normally do on a one-year-old," said Dr. Frank LoVecchio, who is the co-medical director at the poison center.

In 2012, the center saw 10 cases where young children showed signs of marijuana exposure. In the first six months of this year, it's already seen 10 cases.

"Almost all of the cases that I'm aware of are from the child eating some form of marijuana," said LoVecchio.

They're eating it because one of the most popular ways to consume marijuana today is in brownies, cookies and candy. Marijuana users call them "medibles."
http://www.wfsb.com/story/22676613/doctors-see-rise-in-toddler-marijuana-overdoses

Warning to Parents: Marijuana Abuse ER Visits

Marijuana abuse sends more young people to emergency rooms than any other drug

Based on a review of 2010 statistics from the Drug Abuse Warning Network, it was discovered that marijuana abuse is sending increasing numbers of young people to ERs.

Symptoms Sending People to the ER

Mental symptoms: Panic attacks, delusions, hallucinations, paranoia. Some marijuana users also suffer from depersonalization, which means the person loses his grasp of who he is and what his reality is.

Physical symptoms: Doctors have identified a pattern of illness after heavy marijuana abuse that they are calling "cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome." (Hyperemesis means severe and excessive vomiting.) This syndrome includes severe nausea and violent vomiting that do not respond to normal treatments. These symptoms are accompanied by excruciating stomach pain.
http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/marijuana-abuse-er-visits.html

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCW, you're your own worst enemy. Anyway, you're making an argument for pot legalization.

Only in your terribly mixed up Libertarian mind.

Illegal "drug pushers" are happy to try to get children to buy pot. But, legal dealers will refuse to sell to children. So, legalize and put the pusher out of business.

Are you implying that once marijuana is legal there will be no "demand" for marijuana amongst youth?

BTW, are you a current or past marijuana smoker? As mentioned in an earlier post: If pot isn't good enough for you then it shouldn't be good enough for someone else's father, brother, son, mother, sister or daughter.

Jabin

It's only a short matter of time before candy pot it outlawed everywhere pot is otherwise legally sold.

I don't believe that any of these "overdosing" toddlers were in any danger from the pot.

Your article says, "In the most extreme cases, doctors say toddlers have been admitted to the emergency room comatose." That comment reflects incompetence on the part of the journalist. A doctor probably used "comatose" to describe a very stoned state and the journalist didn't understand.

The article quotes a doctor saying, "I remember one case where a child ended up getting a lumbar puncture, a CAT scan. And about a day into it, a half a day into it, ended up getting a drug screen, which is something we don't normally do on a one-year-old." This isn't because the pot was harmful, but because the doctors didn't know what was causing the child's state.

The article says Doctors at the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center saw 10 cases of exposure in 1212. I'm certain none of them were life threatening or caused any lasting harm. Also, 10 is an insignificant number. The probably see hundreds of cases every year of young children consuming non-foods that are much more harmful, from bleach to antifreeze. And, hundreds more young children poisonings for consumption of prescription and OTC drugs. They maybe even see 10 cases a year of kids overdosing on water.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

It's only a short matter of time before candy pot it outlawed everywhere pot is otherwise legally sold.

LOL...you're a riot.

I don't believe that any of these "overdosing" toddlers were in any danger from the pot.

You should always start ignorant statements like the one above as follows:

"In my expert opinion..."

Your article says, "In the most extreme cases, doctors say toddlers have been admitted to the emergency room comatose." That comment reflects incompetence on the part of the journalist. A doctor probably used "comatose" to describe a very stoned state and the journalist didn't understand.

The article quotes a doctor saying, "I remember one case where a child ended up getting a lumbar puncture, a CAT scan. And about a day into it, a half a day into it, ended up getting a drug screen, which is something we don't normally do on a one-year-old." This isn't because the pot was harmful, but because the doctors didn't know what was causing the child's state.

The article says Doctors at the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center saw 10 cases of exposure in 1212. I'm certain none of them were life threatening or caused any lasting harm. Also, 10 is an insignificant number. The probably see hundreds of cases every year of young children consuming non-foods that are much more harmful, from bleach to antifreeze. And, hundreds more young children poisonings for consumption of prescription and OTC drugs. They maybe even see 10 cases a year of kids overdosing on water.

The article is from one hospital in one city. Note that bleach, antifreeze, prescription and OTC drugs have legitimate purposes, getting stoned doesn't.

BTW, are you a current or past marijuana smoker? As mentioned in an earlier post: If pot isn't good enough for you then it shouldn't be good enough for someone else's father, brother, son, mother, sister or daughter.

Last edited:

Jabin

"In my expert opinion..."

It would be superfluous for me to insert "expert" in the phrase "in my opinion".

The article is from one hospital in one city. Note that bleach, antifreeze, prescription and OTC drugs have legitimate purposes, getting stoned doesn't.

No, the article is from an "information center" which treats no one. But, they do represent a couple dozen hospitals and scores of clinics.

And, in those paltry 10 case of those pot-exposed kids were taken to some of those hospitals and clinics only out of ignorance. Either ignorance of what was causing the child's strange behavior or guardian ignorance of the harmlessness of pot. You can bet that in every case, once correctly diagnosed, the doctors allowed the "overdose" to play out without treatment.

If pot isn't good enough for you then it shouldn't be good enough for someone else's father, brother, son, mother, sister or daughter

By what's "good enough for me" is not how I determine if something should be illegal.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
If pot isn't good enough for you then it shouldn't be good enough for someone else's father, brother, son, mother, sister or daughter.

Are you a current marijuana user, or have you used it in the past? If you've used it in the past, why did you quit?

By what's "good enough for me" is not how I determine if something should be illegal.

Why don't you answer the question Jabin? I mean smoking dope is like having a glass of water isn't it?

Be proud of the behavior that you promote onto society.