ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Another brilliant post by Johnny (Brian Williams) W.

Another spam, by the unemployed Preterist clown, like Brian Williams, wimp Craigie.

That's your best shot, leach? Still unemployed, eh, sweetie, like Brian?

Where did you get that effeminate name, "Craigie?" Well, wimp?

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Please explain your following post:

What are you praying for?

Are you asking God to do something for someone?

If so, how does that reconcile with free volition?

When I Pray, For People, I Pray Without Motive, For God To Speak To, And Reveal Himself To Folks. I Have No Pretense Or Influence On What, To Whom, or When God Moves People. Unselfish Prayer Without Judgement. If You Feel Judged, I Ain't The One. I Pray That God Meets Everyone Where They Are, In Christ's Name. Amen

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I Pray, For People, I Pray Without Motive, For God To Speak To, And Reveal Himself To Folks.

Does that mean that if a bunch of Christians pray for God to reveal Himself to a certain unbeliever, there is a better chance the unbeliever will become a believer, then an unbeliever who has nobody praying for him or her?

john w

Hall of Fame
I refused to read it. Too long . . . and phony.

"phony," you mutter, and grunt, witchiepoo? And your "bah...Gag," you sorry excuse for an actress?

Like your "covenant of grace...covenant of redemption," or any one of your numerous made up satanic phrases, you satanic Clavinist?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"phony," you mutter, and grunt, witchiepoo? And your "bah...Gag," you sorry excuse for an actress?

Like your "covenant of grace...covenant of redemption," or any one of your numerous made up satanic phrases, you satanic Clavinist?

Dope . . .

God is a God of covenant.

If He were not, there would be no Christ, Incarnation, Atonement, Resurrection, or Everlasting Life provided for sinful men.

john w

Hall of Fame
Dope . . .

God is a God of covenant.

If He were not, there would be no Christ, Incarnation, Atonement, Resurrection, or Everlasting Life provided for sinful men.

Dope, you say, you disgusting, satanic Calvinist? That's your follow up to your grunts, snorts, mutterings of "Bah....Gag?" Did Jimmie teach you that, evil witchiepoo?

No such thing as "Covenant of Grace....Covenant of Redemption....Gospel of the New Covenant," you drone. You made up these terms.

Biblically illitetate wolf-ette, whose authority is her ""Deformed" SOF.

Get saved, and stop your perverting the good news, and fleecing the sheep.

Genesis 9:12 KJV
And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Preaching the "gospel of the New Covenant" to any fish today, rats, ..........wicked "lady," so that they can be saved by the "A God of covenant?"

Moron-ette. My evidence? Every one of your demonic, Clavinist "posts."

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Does that mean that if a bunch of Christians pray for God to reveal Himself to a certain unbeliever, there is a better chance the unbeliever will become a believer, then an unbeliever who has nobody praying for him or her?

I Am Quite Sure I Said "When I Pray". Yes, I Pray For Everyone To Pray For Each Other. Crazy Idea ? I Testify Prayer Works ! Praise God ! Even; When Two Or More Are Gathered. My Prayers Do Nothing. God Does. Please Do Not Play The "New Christian/New To Prayer" Routine

journey

I guess you could get a combination of just about anything if you make the definitions sloppy and loose enough. However, I doubt that either side will appreciate any association with the other.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I guess you could get a combination of just about anything if you make the definitions sloppy and loose enough. However, I doubt that either side will appreciate any association with the other.

Kind Of Like Your Post Here, Adressed To No One. And Thanks For Your Commentary, My Posts Are Not Definitions. I Also Pray For "YOUR" Side whatever that is

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

I Know YOU Appreciate Me. That's What Really Counts

andyc

When somebody comes here and boldly proclaims that "the moon is made of green cheese" they tend to get the same response. :yawn:

MADists & Calvinists are total opposites.

In reality it's obvious they are opposite, and I thought this thread would have been wrapped up by now. But I'm surprised that no one is looking at the main point raised. I finished the OP by stating....

The thinking MADist will now have to reevaluate what it means to be saved by Christ's faith, or accept that they are closet Calvinists.

Everyone (except Grosnick & Tet) has ignored this. If faith is gifted, then grace has to be irresistible. This is what people need to get their head round. People need to realize that claiming certain beliefs and doctrines have implications on the entire system of their theology.
If I say that God chose me by giving me his faith, and I can never forfeit it, that is unconditional election. If God refuses to enlighten those who are unable to believe, that's limited atonement.

What madists have to try to explain is the difference between human faith and God's faith. When they do this, the thread is wrapped up.
I know that MAD is light years away from Calvinism in reality, but this challenge is to show that if they claim one of the first four points of Calvinism, they've got to accept them all, even reluctantly.

andyc

The madists are claiming justification by the faith of Christ.
There are two ways to be justified. By obedience to law, or by believing.
If it's Christ's faith that does the justifying, faith is gifted, and therefore grace irresistible.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ

Good thread.

I was a Dispy for 25 years.

During those years, I heard many Dispies ask fellow Dispies to pray for so and so because so and so was an unbeliever.

So, if a Dispie is praying to God for God to do something for an unbeliever, then wouldn't that advocate Calvinism?

IOW, if anyone prays for an unbeliever to come to Christ, what exactly are they asking God to do?

If people come to Christ by free volition, are they praying that God somehow does something to the person's free volition? If so, then how is that free volition?

??????

andyc

As elect.
And yet some of those elect were cast out.

As Paul explained, not all who are of Israel (elect according to the flesh) are Israel (believers). It wasn't the hearers of the law who were justified, but the doers. They may have been physically uncircumcised, but their hearts were uncircumcised.
So although they may have been God's elect nation physically, individually and spiritually the requirement is faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.