ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Let's have a look at how the madists embrace TULIP while in denial.
Once people accept any of the first four points of Calvin (as people call it), the rest follow as a necessity. When the MADists acknowledge that they are not saved through their own faith, they've already embraced 'unconditional election', and therefore the rest must follow as a consequence.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God

If people are saved by, and live by the faith of Christ, the ability to believe was gifted. What's the basis for God doing the choosing?

Total Depravity
It is the teaching that, as a consequence of the Fall of Man, every person born into the world is enslaved to the service of sin and, apart from the efficacious or prevenient grace of God, is utterly unable to choose to follow God, refrain from evil, or accept the gift of salvation as it is offered. (wikipedia)

The madists acknowledge Calvin's view of original sin. They accept that they are born in sin, and that they are incapable of accepting Christ unless they are first enabled to. They'll argue about the details, but they subscribe to total depravity without a doubt.

Unconditional Election
(God) predestinated some people for salvation, the elect, and the others he left to continue in their sins and receive the just punishment, eternal damnation, for their transgressions of God's law as outlined in the old and new Testaments of the Bible. God made these choices according to his own purposes apart from any conditions or qualities related to those persons. (wikipedia)

The MADists would fight this one to death, but they embrace it really. In a sense, you only have to look at some of the MADists posts to realize it. Many of them nastily condemn people to hell for simply disagreeing with them. Therefore if God was a MADists, only hyper dispensationalists would be the elect. If I'm condemned to hell for rejecting MAD, and unable to accept it because of my total depravity, why isn't God giving me the faith to receive it?
From a theological perspective, for some MADists the view is only very subtly different to Calvin, but for other MADists its identical. Some (OVers) would say that God didn't choose his elect from the foundation of the world, but he has chosen his elect regardless.
If God gifts faith to people, what was the reasoning / basis behind God choosing them individually? There really is no basis other than God's sovereignty (predestination). And therefore the MADists who don't subscribe to the OV, have to realize that God foresaw that he was never going to open their eyes, and so rejected them from eternity, as Calvin teaches.

Limited Atonement
The doctrine states that though the death of Jesus Christ is more than sufficient to atone for the sins of the whole world,[1] it was the entirely free plan and very gracious will and intention of God the Father that the enlivening and saving effectiveness of Christ's death would work itself out in the elect only, thereby leading them without fail to salvation. (wikipedia)

Once again, if faith is gifted, only those who God chooses are included. The MADists would strongly deny that that Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world, but they don't really believe it. If man is incapable of accepting Christ, then without the gift of faith the benefits of the atonement are completely useless to those who are incapable of believing for it. The MADists are probably spitting blood over this, but that is the consequence of them not thinking their doctrines through properly.

Irresistible Grace
Irresistible Grace (or efficacious grace) is a doctrine in Christian theology particularly associated with Calvinism, which teaches that the saving grace of God is effectually applied to those whom he has determined to save (the elect) and, in God's timing, overcomes their resistance to obeying the call of the gospel, bringing them to faith in Christ. (wikipedia)

Madists would say that God doesn't force himself on anyone, but if faith is gifted, when is it the right time for God to enlighten someone?
Madists believe that once a person receives the gift of Christ's faith, they are eternally held by Christ's faith. And so, once again, what is the basis for God choosing to justify a person through the faith of Christ? What makes the person receivable?
They might say, to mentally perceive that the gospel is true, but how can God acknowledge mental perception from a mind that is depraved?
God enlightens the person giving them an ability to believe? But from their perspective, at this point they would now already be saved, and so this would make grace irresistible because faith was irresistible.

Perseverance
For the MADists, OSAS is all about personal assurance. This is exactly the same for Calvinists. The believer will persevere, not must persevere.
However, if a Calvinist who claimed to be a believer renounced their faith, the other Calvinists would not accept that that person's faith was genuine. The MADists would say the same thing about their own as well.

The thinking MADist will now have to reevaluate what it means to be saved by Christ's faith, or accept that they are closet Calvinists.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Madists don't believe that God chose the Elect from the
foundation of the world!

Madists believe in free-will choice, and Calvinists do not!

Madists believe that there were 2 Messages being preached! Paul
was preaching the "Grace Message" to the gentiles, while Peter
and the rest were preaching the "Kingdom Message" to the House
of Israel! Calvinists don't believe that!

I think perhaps, you don't know what Madists believe? That's your
problem!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
According to Paul they were/we are living in the "Dispensation of Grace!"
Today, Jew and gentile alike can become members of the "Body of Christ"
(The Church) While the Apostles/Disciples walked the earth, there were 2
messages going out, Now, there's one; Paul's Gospel given to him by the
"Risen Christ!" Grace through faith alone, in Christ as one's Savior! That's
the "Good News" for today!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When did he choose them?

How does free will work if faith is gifted to you?

When one hears the "Grace Gospel" and places ALL their faith
in Christ as their Savior, they are then, sealed and indwelt by
the Holy Spirit and baptized (not by water) into the "Body of
Christ!" During which time, they receive the righteousness
of Christ! God's Grace is offered to ALL who will place their
faith in Christ! They're not chosen as the "Elect" like the
Calvinists believe!

andyc

Paul's Gospel given to him by the
"Risen Christ!" Grace through faith alone, in Christ as one's Savior! That's
the "Good News" for today!

Who's faith alone?
Is it your own personal faith that received God's grace?

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ

Are you justified by your faith or Christ's faith?
If it is Christ's faith, why did he give it to you?

andyc

Faith is not gifted to anyone! Grace is the gift and received
through the individual's faith!

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God

So you're not living by the faith of Christ?

Truster

Let's have a look at how the madists embrace TULIP while in denial.
Once people accept any of the first four points of Calvin (as people call it), the rest follow as a necessity. When the MADists acknowledge that they are not saved through their own faith, they've already embraced 'unconditional election', and therefore the rest must follow as a consequence.

If people are saved by, and live by the faith of Christ, the ability to believe was gifted. What's the basis for God doing the choosing?

Total Depravity
It is the teaching that, as a consequence of the Fall of Man, every person born into the world is enslaved to the service of sin and, apart from the efficacious or prevenient grace of God, is utterly unable to choose to follow God, refrain from evil, or accept the gift of salvation as it is offered. (wikipedia)

The madists acknowledge Calvin's view of original sin. They accept that they are born in sin, and that they are incapable of accepting Christ unless they are first enabled to. They'll argue about the details, but they subscribe to total depravity without a doubt.

Unconditional Election
(God) predestinated some people for salvation, the elect, and the others he left to continue in their sins and receive the just punishment, eternal damnation, for their transgressions of God's law as outlined in the old and new Testaments of the Bible. God made these choices according to his own purposes apart from any conditions or qualities related to those persons. (wikipedia)

The MADists would fight this one to death, but they embrace it really. In a sense, you only have to look at some of the MADists posts to realize it. Many of them nastily condemn people to hell for simply disagreeing with them. Therefore if God was a MADists, only hyper dispensationalists would be the elect. If I'm condemned to hell for rejecting MAD, and unable to accept it because of my total depravity, why isn't God giving me the faith to receive it?
From a theological perspective, for some MADists the view is only very subtly different to Calvin, but for other MADists its identical. Some (OVers) would say that God didn't choose his elect from the foundation of the world, but he has chosen his elect regardless.
If God gifts faith to people, what was the reasoning / basis behind God choosing them individually? There really is no basis other than God's sovereignty (predestination). And therefore the MADists who don't subscribe to the OV, have to realize that God foresaw that he was never going to open their eyes, and so rejected them from eternity, as Calvin teaches.

Limited Atonement
The doctrine states that though the death of Jesus Christ is more than sufficient to atone for the sins of the whole world,[1] it was the entirely free plan and very gracious will and intention of God the Father that the enlivening and saving effectiveness of Christ's death would work itself out in the elect only, thereby leading them without fail to salvation. (wikipedia)

Once again, if faith is gifted, only those who God chooses are included. The MADists would strongly deny that that Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world, but they don't really believe it. If man is incapable of accepting Christ, then without the gift of faith the benefits of the atonement are completely useless to those who are incapable of believing for it. The MADists are probably spitting blood over this, but that is the consequence of them not thinking their doctrines through properly.

Irresistible Grace
Irresistible Grace (or efficacious grace) is a doctrine in Christian theology particularly associated with Calvinism, which teaches that the saving grace of God is effectually applied to those whom he has determined to save (the elect) and, in God's timing, overcomes their resistance to obeying the call of the gospel, bringing them to faith in Christ. (wikipedia)

Madists would say that God doesn't force himself on anyone, but if faith is gifted, when is it the right time for God to enlighten someone?
Madists believe that once a person receives the gift of Christ's faith, they are eternally held by Christ's faith. And so, once again, what is the basis for God choosing to justify a person through the faith of Christ? What makes the person receivable?
They might say, to mentally perceive that the gospel is true, but how can God acknowledge mental perception from a mind that is depraved?
God enlightens the person giving them an ability to believe? But from their perspective, at this point they would now already be saved, and so this would make grace irresistible because faith was irresistible.

Perseverance
For the MADists, OSAS is all about personal assurance. This is exactly the same for Calvinists. The believer will persevere, not must persevere.
However, if a Calvinist who claimed to be a believer renounced their faith, the other Calvinists would not accept that that person's faith was genuine. The MADists would say the same thing about their own as well.

The thinking MADist will now have to reevaluate what it means to be saved by Christ's faith, or accept that they are closet Calvinists.

''If people are saved by, and live by the faith of Christ''

That word of, in the context in which it was given, is the most beautiful, true and illuminating word the the entire canon.

Found in Galatians 3:22 but corrupted in some translation as ''in''.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Who's faith alone?
Is it your own personal faith that received God's grace?

Are you justified by your faith or Christ's faith?
If it is Christ's faith, why did he give it to you?

If it were the idea that, it is "Christ's faith" alone that saves then,
the question would be; "Why didn't He just save, "EVERYBODY!"
(Universalism)

As we know, not ALL will be saved! God created each member
of the human race with an ability to place their faith in anything
they so desire! Some place their faith in cults, in their
own personal works/deeds, in water baptism, in church
affiliation, in Atheism, humanism etc, etc! We ALL have
freedom of choice to believe in what we so desire!

Where one will place their faith, will determine where they
spend eternity?

andyc

If it were the idea that, it is "Christ's faith" alone that saves then,
the question would be; "Why didn't He just save, "EVERYBODY!"
(Universalism)

Yup

As we know, not ALL will be saved! God created each member
of the human race with an ability to place their faith in anything
they so desire! Some place their faith in cults, in their
own personal works/deeds, in water baptism, in church
affiliation, in Atheism, humanism etc, etc! We ALL have
freedom of choice to believe in what we so desire!

Where one will place their faith, will determine where they
spend eternity?

So your salvation has zero to do with Christ's faith?
Your believing in God's grace now, saved you and keeps you saved even if you became an atheist next year?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When one becomes a member of the "Body of Christ" they
have, forgiveness of sin, the mercy of God, the indwelling
Holy Spirit and a guarantee of eternal life! Christ is in us
and we in Him! So, it could be said that, those who place
their faith in Christ, have Christ's faith, I suppose? However,
we must place our own faith first, in order to receive the
benefits of Christ's death and resurrection?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yup

So your salvation has zero to do with Christ's faith?
Your believing in God's grace now, saved you and keeps you saved even if you became an atheist next year?

One must be truly, sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and baptized
(not by water) into the "Body of Christ" in order to be considered a
'True Believer' and a child of God! Once we are positioned into the
Body of Christ, we cannot lose that position! We have received
Christ's righteousness!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
By the way, explain precisely, what you mean by, "Christ's faith" and how
it pertains to the Child of God? Not sure what you're trying to say/ask?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ has faith in Himself, obviously! However, If someone doesn't have
faith in Christ, they cannot become saved? Will Christ's faith save someone
who has no faith in Him? The answer is, NO!

andyc

By the way, explain precisely, what you mean by, "Christ's faith" and how
it pertains to the Child of God? Not sure what you're trying to say/ask?

For me it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I wasn't saved by Christ's faith, and I'm not kept by his faith. Everything you're describing about what we receive is by grace. All the gifts are freely given, and this is grace. Faith is my own response. Calvinists do not believe this, and neither do madists. You could be the first I've come across, but then again, am I forcing you into a corner?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For me it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I wasn't saved by Christ's faith, and I'm not kept by his faith. Everything you're describing about what we receive is by grace. All the gifts are freely given, and this is grace. Faith is my own response. Calvinists do not believe this, and neither do madists. You could be the first I've come across, but then again, am I forcing you into a corner?

I would consider myself a "Madist!" However, I believe that we, as an
individual must place our faith in Christ as our personal Savior! This
may or may not be what other "madists" believe? I really haven't
taken a survey or anything? However, I would assume that, any
average "Madist" would agree that, one must first hear the "Grace
Message" then, place their faith in Christ as their Savior! That's
"Paul's Gospel!"

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

Yes You Are Saved By Christ's Faith. And Finished Work. And Faith IN CHRIST JESUS. And ONLY Because Of That Are YOU GIVEN The Free Gift Of Salvation By God's Grace, Mercy And Perfect Will. You Cannot Force The Truth Into a Corner

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In 2 Timothy 2:13 it states; "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot
deny himself." I'd have to go over the context in order to explain exactly, what
the verse is conveying? However, it does show that, Christ cannot deny Himself!
Obviously, He has faith in Himself, this we know for certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.