ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes You Are Saved By Christ's Faith. And Finished Work. And Faith IN CHRIST JESUS. And ONLY Because Of That Are YOU GIVEN The Free Gift Of Salvation By God's Grace, Mercy And Perfect Will. You Cannot Force The Truth Into a Corner

Please explain your interpretation of what, "Christ's faith" is, and how
it is instrumental in our own personal salvation?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our own "personal faith" must be placed in Christ as our only Savior! The unsaved
cannot become saved unless they place their faith in Christ!

andyc

Those who believe we are saved by Christ's faith are subscribing to 'irresistible grace', and therefore the rest of TULIP. This thread is not about debating Calvinism. If grace is irresistible, faith is gifted.

journey

For me it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I wasn't saved by Christ's faith, and I'm not kept by his faith. Everything you're describing about what we receive is by grace. All the gifts are freely given, and this is grace. Faith is my own response. Calvinists do not believe this, and neither do madists. You could be the first I've come across, but then again, am I forcing you into a corner?

You're terribly confused and don't know what you're talking about. Those who believe in MAD are NOT Calvinists. Maybe you don't know the correct definition of either one, and that would explain your confusion.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those who believe we are saved by Christ's faith are subscribing to 'irresistible grace', and therefore the rest of TULIP. This thread is not about debating Calvinism. If grace is irresistible, faith is gifted.

In one respect, John 19:30 states; "When Jesus therefore had received
the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and
gave up the ghost.

By saying; "It is finished," Christ had faith that ALL He came to
accomplish, was accomplished! When we place our faith in Christ, we
are in agreement with His faith, that our salvation is received by our
faith in His finished work (death and resurrection) and Himself being;
God the Son! Just an interesting way of interpreting it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're terribly confused and don't know what you're talking about. Those who believe in MAD are NOT Calvinists. Maybe you don't know the correct definition of either one, and that would explain your confusion.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

True!

andyc

Was faith gifted to you?

andyc

In one respect, John 19:30 states; "When Jesus therefore had received
the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and
gave up the ghost.

By saying; "It is finished," Christ had faith that ALL He came to
accomplish, was accomplished! When we place our faith in Christ, we
are in agreement with His faith, that our salvation is received by our
faith in His finished work
(death and resurrection) and Himself being;
God the Son! Just an interesting way of interpreting it?

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever being in agreement with his faith. Our salvation in his finished work is all that matters. We believe from beginning to end.

journey

Just for information, MAD and Calvinism are NOT compatible. One can't stretch either one far enough to get them to meet. Anyone who tries is foolish and doesn't have a clue.

andyc

Just for information, MAD and Calvinism are NOT compatible. One can't stretch either one far enough to get them to meet. Anyone who tries is foolish and doesn't have a clue.

I expect this reaction, but I was hoping for you to use your head and respond to the points raised. If you don't want to, leave the thread.

Cross Reference

Let's have a look at how the madists embrace TULIP while in denial.
Once people accept any of the first four points of Calvin (as people call it), the rest follow as a necessity. When the MADists acknowledge that they are not saved through their own faith, they've already embraced 'unconditional election', and therefore the rest must follow as a consequence.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God

If people are saved by, and live by the faith of Christ, the ability to believe was gifted. What's the basis for God doing the choosing?

All of the above I find accurate except the last. Here's my take:

If people are saved and hold fast to Him Who saved them to seek as He said to seek, they will be gifted His Faith, by measure, i.e., His Life, the ability to live as He lived and attain unto as He did.. What's the basis for God doing the choosing except to groom His sons unto fatherhood in Him. I believe, by your two verses, that gift was NOT for believing but for attaining unto in Christ by the receiving of the same Mind that was in Him, sons strengthened in all His might to conquer vanity/self/Satan as He exampled in His flesh __ and Paul later brought it to us by his own exeriences . . . :)

OMT: The "Gift of Faith" is a Pentecostal Gift. Jesus said: 'Don't leave home without it'!

Cross Reference

Madists don't believe that God chose the Elect from the
foundation of the world!

Madists believe in free-will choice, and Calvinists do not!

Madists believe that there were 2 Messages being preached! Paul
was preaching the "Grace Message" to the gentiles, while Peter
and the rest were preaching the "Kingdom Message" to the House
of Israel! Calvinists don't believe that!

I think perhaps, you don't know what Madists believe? That's your
problem!!

Yer lying through your teeth.

andyc

Lets look at how a madist interprets Christ's faith.

And that's the "faith of Christ." The basis for salvation.

The shed blood was for all the world...Jesus being the revelation of the righteousness of God. That's the grace of God. And yes, we gain access to that grace by faith. The children in Egypt were told to apply blood to the doorpost and the death angel would pass over. By faith, they applied the blood, but it was the blood that gave them life. Jesus is life...the Just shall live by faith. Jesus lived by faith, and He died by faith, and we can only live by His faith. His faith is constant, ours wavers and is weak. We don't live by our faith...thank the Lord. We live by His faith.

Now there are a lot of problems here. Faith to receive and live by is the same faith. To simply believe. Calvinists would agree with this, but they do not believe that salvation faith is possible until God first inserts it in us. The MADist believes the same, but with a very subtle twist. The initial faith appears to be initiated within the human will, and is immediately accepted and replaced with Christ's faith which is far more stable and can never fail. In other words, God initially acknowledges our useless, wavering, doubting, unstable faith, in order to get the sinner through the door, and from that moment on, only recognizes Jesus' faith which is imputed to the wavering unstable believer. This leaves the wavering flake to be assured that their faith is now redundant, and that God is now only concerned with Christ's faith imputed to them. Anyone who knows the MADists is familiar with what they're looking for in their gospel. Their shoddy useless faith supposedly gets them over the line, and Christ's faith removes the accountability. That's really what its about.

James 1:6-8
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Here wee see that it's useless coming to God with a wavering faith.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Sounds great doesn't it?
However, Paul was talking about being driven by the need to preach the gospel and do those things which please him. Christ through the Spirit in him compels him. That's a little different to how the MADists accept it for themselves.

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

We see the same here...Christ reconciled the world by His work on the cross (His faith), BUT, we must be reconciled (our faith in Christ).

Nope. The verse in the KJV says, and is interpreted as, being justified by the faith of Christ. This would completely remove any kind of faith we might possess. And this would be irresistible grace.

Cross Reference

Yes You Are Saved By Christ's Faith. And Finished Work. And Faith IN CHRIST JESUS. And ONLY Because Of That Are YOU GIVEN The Free Gift Of Salvation By God's Grace, Mercy And Perfect Will. You Cannot Force The Truth Into a Corner

By that you must mean we are saved by the faith of Christ and not by Him? IOW, we are saved by placing our faith in faith?

Question: What usually happens when personal tragedy strikes?

Cross Reference

For me it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I wasn't saved by Christ's faith, and I'm not kept by his faith. Everything you're describing about what we receive is by grace. All the gifts are freely given, and this is grace. Faith is my own response.

Exactly!! "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled . . . .
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, . . . . " Colossians 1:21-23 (KJV)

Status
Not open for further replies.