ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When did David ascend into the heavens?

When David died physically in 970BC he did not go to Heaven, he went to Abraham's bosom (Paradise)

(Acts 2:34) For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,....

At some point after the resurrection of Christ the believers in Abraham's bosom (Paradise) were taken to Heaven.

However, some of the believers went to Jerusalem

(Matt 27:53) They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Notice it says "After" the resurrection.

So, don't know if David was one of the believers who walked into Jerusalem, or one of the believers who ascended into Heaven with Christ, but either way, David is in Heaven right now.

graceandpeace

When David died physically in 970BC he did not go to Heaven, he went to Abraham's bosom (Paradise)

At some point after the resurrection of Christ the believers in Abraham's bosom (Paradise) were taken to Heaven.

(Matt 27:53) They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

So, don't know if David was one of the believers who walked into Jerusalem, or one of the believers who ascended into Heaven with Christ, but either way, David is in Heaven right now.

:idea:

SaulToPaul 2

In Acts 2, David was still dead and buried. And, he had not ascended into the heavens.

When did he ascend?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Acts 2, David was still dead and buried. And, he had not ascended into the heavens.

Acts 2 does not say that.

It says that when David said "The Lord said to my Lord....." David had not yet ascended into Heaven.

Jesus was the first to ascend to Heaven. David couldn't go to Heaven before Jesus.

graceandpeace

When did he ascend?

No, the writer was showing how old covenant prophecy was fulfilled, by the death of Jesus, when the veil of the temple was torn into, and the way into the holy place was opened up. David had not ascended, at the time that the old covenant prophecy was written...he laid dead in the grave, until Jesus made his enemies His footstool....by dying on a tree.

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Do you believe it or not? Priorly:

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

his flesh rested in hope...that hope was fulfilled, when Jesus opened up the way by being the first to enter heaven...setting the captives FREE.

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

These verses are the writer showing how Psalm 110 is being fulfilled, because he is quoting it...from the Psalms.

You do not believe that v 35 has been fulfilled. We do. Death was swallowed up in Victory by Jesus bringing in the new covenant, that offers LIFE.

You have the captives as still captives, when the bible teaches that Jesus came to set them FREE:

This is just one example of how it would come to pass, via the new covenant:

Isa 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isa 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

and another:

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

About to be fulfilled:

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

You don't really believe that Jesus destroyed the works of the devil, do you?

SaulToPaul 2

After Jesus ascended

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

So, you no longer believe this was the emptying of the Bosom?

andyc

Here's another little thought for the day.

Gal 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

According to Paul, how did those in the BOC receive the Spirit?

How did the kingdom slaves receive the Spirit?

Gal 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

So only those who have been redeemed from the law can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit by faith. In which case how was it possible for the kingdom slaves to receive the promise when they were still supposed to be under the law?

The receiving of the promise negates the law. He who walks in the Spirit is not under the law.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Here's another little thought for the day.

Gal 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

According to Paul, how did those in the BOC receive the Spirit?

How did the kingdom slaves receive the Spirit?

Gal 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

So only those who have been redeemed from the law can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit by faith. In which case how was it possible for the kingdom slaves to receive the promise when they were still supposed to be under the law?

The receiving of the promise negates the law. He who walks in the Spirit is not under the law.
None of those verses say the Spirit could not be received through faith by those under the law.:doh:

andyc

None of those verses say the Spirit could not be received through faith by those under the law.:doh:

You're not seeing the obvious again. If a person has received the Spirit, they are no longer in the flesh. Those who are in the flesh are under the law.

Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

It has to be one or the other. They are either in the flesh or Spirit.
Nobody receives the Spirit by the works of the law, and so if people live under the law, they have received the Spirit in vain.

Gal 3:11-12 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith." Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by

So either a person lives by the works of the law, or they live by the Spirit. Walking in the Spirit is walking by faith. If the Jews also received the Spirit, they too were walking by faith, which means they were not under the law. Otherwise the Spirit they received would have been of no benefit to them.

andyc

Here's an interesting thought. Poster "one in christ" just made the comment in his thread.......
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him...

This blows my mind. The sacrifice the Lord has made: His only begotten Son... Yet it Pleased him to pour his wrath upon Him. The wrath that we deserved, not Him.

I am humbled, and completely overwhelmed.

The wrath that we deserved?
Why do madists deserve the wrath of God? and how do they arrive at this conclusion?

One In Christ

Here's an interesting thought. Poster "one in christ" just made the comment in his thread.......

Why do madists deserve the wrath of God? and how do they arrive at this conclusion?

We all deserve God's wrath, for we all fall short of the Glory of God. But thanks be to Christ Jesus, He took the punishment for us, for our sin.

I really thought this was a really simple concept of Christianity andy....

Do you not understand it? Do you not think God would strike you down as a dead man, without Christ?

One In Christ

Did Christ deserve the wrath andy? If not then who?

andyc

We all deserve God's wrath, for we all fall short of the Glory of God. But thanks be to Christ Jesus, He took the punishment for us, for our sin.

I really thought this was a really simple concept of Christianity andy....

Do you not understand it? Do you not think God would strike you down as a dead man, without Christ?

I totally agree. What I'm now interested to know is how you would communicate this to a sinner who didn't know about Jesus?

But, andy's sorry for his sins, and hates them.

STP knows where this is heading.

Oh okay....

Well sorry doesn't cut it...

So, when people understand that they are not getting what they deserve for the sins they've committed, would they naturally be sorry for those sins and hate them?

Seriously, how stupid are you?

When did you realize how rotten you were?

Status
Not open for further replies.