ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

dodge

Grosnick Marowbe
No one dares to correct him in his "Area of Expertise." He has aligned himself with Dodge and LA, more or less. They have become his cohorts. Although neither one shares a belief in M.A.D. However they all have something in common: their mutual hatred of old GM.

I do not hate you I hate the way you LIE with no conscience or correction involved....All you have is excuses for WHY you lie.

SimpleMan77

That is mythology and NOT truth

You are confusing two things. You should quit believing in myths and believe what the Bible actually says.

That is Paul giving HISTORY of what Jesus told His disciples on the night before His death. Those people were under the covenant.

There is what Paul told gentiles.

Eph 2:11-13 (KJV)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Made nigh by the blood and NOT a covenant.

A couple of problems with your statements here.

1)I find no basis for Paul ever telling the story of Jesus simply as a history lesson. He told it as a part of his Gospel.

2) Paul had obviously taught the tradition/ordinance of commemorating the Lord's supper, and was correcting them for their casual approach to it. He reminds them how that he gave to them what he had received (not just some irrelevant historical fact that he'd heard and that didn't apply to them). Jesus's entered into covenant with His church through shedding His blood.

Gentiles and Jews can reject that blood covenant, and not take advantage of the victory, peace, power, etc. that He willed to us in His last will and testament, but that is our choice.

God makes it plain that people can break His covenant (Jeremiah 31:32), so I'm not sure how Jesus's blood being a covenant for all nations threatens your theology...

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SimpleMan77

Not every gospel in the Bible is about individual human salvation from sin.

No argument with MAD there. The question about the gospel of the grace of God is NOT when God conceived it, but when He REVEALED it.

The old covenant and the new covenant are specifically between God and Israel. The Bible repeats that very clearly.

The body of Christ is not under a covenant with God. We receive His gift freely and immediately.

See my recent post. Paul taught the Corinthians to commemorate the work of Calvary by eating the Lord's supper, and makes the statement that in teaching them so he was giving them what he had received (from God is the implication). In that context, he reminds them that Jesus had said his body and blood, given as a sacrifice for sin, was the new covenant.

Why does the word covenant threaten your theology?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Asking him counter questions is against his rules, Lighthouse! You have to start your own thread for that. Then, I suppose, you're to pray that dodge will grace you with an answer on that new thread.
True.

GM:straight:Danoh
:chuckle:

For the sake of honesty I must let it be known that I agree with Danoh in regard to GM, for the most part.

I do not hate you I hate the way you LIE with no conscience or correction involved....All you have is excuses for WHY you lie.
Lying is your only tool in this entire debate.

SimpleMan77

God made no covenant with Gentiles.

There is no "covenant of grace."

Nobody today needs a covenant.

Paul disagrees with you

2 Corinthians 3:6
who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Danoh

Paul disagrees with you

2 Corinthians 3:6
who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Question Sman, why does Paul even bring up a contrast there?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

How did I lie? I mean, I'm willing to publicly admit that, I have no use for you, your opinions, comments, or judgments. In fact, I think you're a bit of a "Jerk." See, I'm not a liar. I honestly don't like you as a human being. However, I wish you no harm and I have no hatred for you, I just don't like you nor respect you as a person. I ask you to show proof where I lied? You asked me if I was a Marine (Jarhead) and I said, "That's clasified." How could you have taken that seriously unless you're not too bright, which I think, is the case. Then, you made a gigantic Federal case out of it and said I could be charged for a crime. Which is pretty dumb. Which makes me think a piece of your "Grey Matter" is missing. Watch where you step in your house, it may be laying around somewhere?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I will give you an opportunity to make peace Dodge, however, if you continue to berate me, you'll get the same back. Let's make it stop here and now? It's up to you? The ball is in your court. We'll call it a "Dodgeball."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
True.

:chuckle:

For the sake of honesty I must let it be known that I agree with Danoh in regard to GM, for the most part.

Lying is your only tool in this entire debate.

I would think you would LH. You and I never got along anyway so your bias is not surprising to me. LH your opinion means less than nothing to me.