ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

SimpleMan77

Gods plans were always "for the world". But that does not mean that all people on the earth had the SAME relationship with the LORD.
God chose Israel has His special people and the gentiles were to be blessed THROUGH Israel. But Israel, as a whole, had always failed miserably in their job to be the light of the world.

Most peoples understanding of WHEN the message changed and HOW it changed is the problem.
It was NOT until Israel's FALL that a different message of God's grace to ALL without regard to "His people" came to and through Paul whom Jesus called.

This dispensing of God's grace without distinction is a temporary situation, as God will restore Israel when Christ comes back to judge the world.

God did not end His dealing with Israel at the cross. They were given time, but they continued to reject the LORD.

There is and was always only one blueprint. The law, the prophets,and the tabernacle/temple were all a pattern of the blueprint.

The true plan for salvation was revealed through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We participate in that plan by turning to God and away from sin, getting baptized, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, which empowers us to be a witness to God's plan, adding to the increase of His kingdom (which started with the earthly ministry of Jesus, and Daniel says will fill the earth).

There will never be salvation outside of embracing the work of Calvary, no matter what nationality you are. God obviously reserves the right to specifically call a person, persons, or a nation, but salvation can only come to anyone through embracing the gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
There is and was always only one blueprint. The law, the prophets,and the tabernacle/temple were all a pattern of the blueprint.
You can make that claim if you want, but it's not true that God revealed everything that He was going to do only in the law and the prophets.

The true plan for salvation was revealed through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We participate in that plan by turning to God and away from sin, getting baptized, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, which empowers us to be a witness to God's plan, adding to the increase of His kingdom (which started with the earthly ministry of Jesus, and Daniel says will fill the earth).
God's plans are NOT just about human salvation. That is a thoroughly humanistic view of God and His Word.

There will never be salvation outside of embracing the work of Calvary, no matter what nationality you are. God obviously reserves the right to specifically call a person, persons, or a nation, but salvation can only come to anyone through embracing the gospel.
Which one?

P.S. MAD doctrine does NOT imply that there is any other way that God has dealt with humankind's sin other that what Jesus Christ did.

P.P.S. Why does Peter say that their sins may be blotted out in the future, ever after the cross?
Acts 3:19-21 (KJV)
(3:19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Last edited:

SimpleMan77

You can make that claim if you want, but it's not true that God revealed everything that He was going to do only in the law and the prophets.

God's plans are NOT just about human salvation. That is a thoroughly humanistic view of God and His Word.

Which one?

P.S. MAD doctrine does NOT imply that there is any other way that God has dealt with humankind's sin other that what Jesus Christ did.

P.P.S. Why does Peter says that their sins may be blotted out in the future, ever after the cross?
Acts 3:19-21 (KJV)
(3:19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

I did not say that God revealed everything that he was going to do in the law and prophets.

The Bible does teach, however, that the law and prophets were designed to point to Jesus Christ, and the single, salvational message of the gospel. That plan was foreordained before God even created the world. Animal sacrifices pointed to the work of Calvary. The tabernacle was laid out in a way that was designed to show us how we draw near to God.

Obedience to the law and prophets connected people to the work of Calvary under the old covenant, and obedience to the gospel (repentance, baptism, and living an overcoming life by the power of the Holy Ghost) connect us to Calvary under the new covenant.

Right Divider

Body part
I did not say that God revealed everything that he was going to do in the law and prophets.

The Bible does teach, however, that the law and prophets were designed to point to Jesus Christ, and the single, salvational message of the gospel.
Not every gospel in the Bible is about individual human salvation from sin.

That plan was foreordained before God even created the world. Animal sacrifices pointed to the work of Calvary. The tabernacle was laid out in a way that was designed to show us how we draw near to God.
No argument with MAD there. The question about the gospel of the grace of God is NOT when God conceived it, but when He REVEALED it.

Obedience to the law and prophets connected people to the work of Calvary under the old covenant, and obedience to the gospel (repentance, baptism, and living an overcoming life by the power of the Holy Ghost) connect us to Calvary under the new covenant.
The old covenant and the new covenant are specifically between God and Israel. The Bible repeats that very clearly.

The body of Christ is not under a covenant with God. We receive His gift freely and immediately.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thinking of "The GREAT Danoh" comes to mind when I read this verse of Scripture: Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

He believes in his heart that he alone has the "Doctrine of M.A.D." down pat. He knows all the ins and outs of MAD and everybody else falls short of his immense collection of wisdom and knowledge when it comes to MAD. He's always there correcting anyone who dares to give their opinion of what MAD means to them. It's as if he has a "Copyright" on this doctrine? He alone is able to speak the truth of "All things MAD."

No one dares to correct him in his "Area of Expertise." He has aligned himself with Dodge and LA, more or less. They have become his cohorts. Although neither one shares a belief in M.A.D. However they all have something in common: their mutual hatred of old GM.

SimpleMan77

Not every gospel in the Bible is about individual human salvation from sin.

No argument with MAD there. The question about the gospel of the grace of God is NOT when God conceived it, but when He REVEALED it.

The old covenant and the new covenant are specifically between God and Israel. The Bible repeats that very clearly.

The body of Christ is not under a covenant with God. We receive His gift freely and immediately.

The new covenant is His blood. If you can get by without His blood, then you can get by without covenant.

Paul, teaching the Gentiles:

1 Corinthians 11:25
In like manner also the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood: this do, as often as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Danoh

Thanks for being "DISIGENIOUS." I really appreciate your honest assessment.

I do desire you to realize that I believe you to be the most intelligent poster on TOL. You put others to shame. My sincere appreciation goes out to you. Your friend and fellow poster, GM

Yeah, sure you do :chuckle:

You're wrong anyway.

Lots of people on TOL are much more informed on a thing than I am - way more informed.

My one advantage is the recurrent patterns behind how things work...principle.

Is all...

DAN P

You're wrong anyway.

Lots of people on TOL are much more informed on a thing than I am - way more informed.

Is all...

Hi and what ADVANTAGE you have is really BALDERDASH !!

G M is stroking you , you say ?

dan p

Danoh

Thinking of "The GREAT Danoh" comes to mind when I read this verse of Scripture: Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

He believes in his heart that he alone has the "Doctrine of M.A.D." down pat. He knows all the ins and outs of MAD and everybody else falls short of his immense collection of wisdom and knowledge when it comes to MAD. He's always there correcting anyone who dares to give their opinion of what MAD means to them. It's as if he has a "Copyright" on this doctrine? He alone is able to speak the truth of "All things MAD."

No one dares to correct him in his "Area of Expertise." He has aligned himself with Dodge and LA, more or less. They have become his cohorts. Although neither one shares a belief in M.A.D. However they all have something in common: their mutual hatred of old GM.

If I thought this nonsense you assert ...then I would not be giving a thumbs up to WHOMEVER'S "witness is true" on a particular point, Mr. Cult-like "our way alone, or the highway..."

Right Divider

Body part
The new covenant is His blood.
That is mythology and NOT truth

If you can get by without His blood, then you can get by without covenant.
You are confusing two things. You should quit believing in myths and believe what the Bible actually says.

Paul, teaching the Gentiles:

1 Corinthians 11:25
In like manner also the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood: this do, as often as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
That is Paul giving HISTORY of what Jesus told His disciples on the night before His death. Those people were under the covenant.

There is what Paul told gentiles.

Eph 2:11-13 (KJV)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Made nigh by the blood and NOT a covenant.

whitestone

You're wrong anyway.

Is all...
"
no offence,but this makes you sound more "pan" than as if your mind is made up,,,"how ever it pans out in the end" might in the end even be preterism or historic disp.? Again no offence just an observation...

Danoh

Neither does creepy flirting with married sisters in Christ.

Yeah, okay.

As at ease at being quick to putting me in check as she is; she never did so as to this idiotic assertion of yours.

Fact is, I've never been drawn to her type.

Neither in temperament, nor in particular look.

Never.

Its the same with all human beings.

Impacting even the type of cat or dog, or car, or carreer, you name it...that each is drawn to, or not.

Duh-uh.

Make of that what you will.

You're good at turning one thing into something else in what are actually your one sided projections.

Like when I mentioned to Tam I did not hold certain points against her because I viewed her as a newbie, and you right away turned it into some petty nonsense.

This is why there is no peace with some of you - your double-standards.

The ease with which your kind so quickly compromise the grace you assert out of your projection of your stupidities onto the words and or motives of others.

Where, pray tell, is this grace you and yours speak of that you so easily compromise it?

Whatever, musterion.

We'll get along on some things...not on others...

Make of that what you will...as well.