ECT MAD is a lie and is proved to be a lie from scripture !

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Lonster, I disagree. Another one of my motto's:never trust someone, that lives with their mother, as an adult, like Howard did.My momma kicked me out when I was able to drink my first "Schlitz Malt Liquor."

You're just jealous because Howard is "suave" and stole Millie from you?

DAN P

If it is only to Jews, then "All" means all Jews? For me? I rather think that all means all that God so Loved. Saved? :nono: Else you and I'd be universalists. So, for me, reconciling John 3:16 is about realizing that only those who call on the Name of the Lord, are at-one with God. The Calvinist believes that the blood of Christ is not wasted after foolishness. By this, they mean that God is omniscient, therefore He knew exactly who He atoned for. All of us, (not just Calvinists) who believe God's knowledge is exhaustively definite, believe this. I need to explain further, however:

I reconcile by this: Blood offered is both blood accepted (atonement) and blood spurned (stone of stumbling for many). Same love. His blood could and would cover all that come, even if none rejected Him. Calvinists do not argue the efficacy of Christ's work. That is never their contention and such puts us more on page with most theologians than they would understand. Limited atonement does not mean 'limited sufficiency.' Sometimes, that's the contention and argument.

Galatians 3:15,16-24 -see all of Galatians 3:1-29

:up:

Hi and a UNIVERSALIST , never and the reason is this . as Col 1:20 , the KJV has it writtem " ALL THINGS " which is the Greek word PANTA / ALL THINGS but the Greek text reads THE ALL THINGS / TA PANTA which means THE ALL THINGS which specfically ONLY THE B O C !!

ATONMENT / KATALLAGE in Rom 5:11 and Rom 11:15 and in 2 Cor 5:18 and 19 and 20 is translated RECONCILIATION as it is a Transliterated word !!

I am still not understanding how a person is saved under what COVENANT , under the Old Covenant or under the New Covenant ?

dan p

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Hi and a UNIVERSALIST , never and the reason is this . as Col 1:20 , the KJV has it writtem " ALL THINGS " which is the Greek word PANTA / ALL THINGS but the Greek text reads THE ALL THINGS / TA PANTA which means THE ALL THINGS which specfically ONLY THE B O C !!

ATONMENT / KATALLAGE in Rom 5:11 and Rom 11:15 and in 2 Cor 5:18 and 19 and 20 is translated RECONCILIATION as it is a Transliterated word !!

I am still not understanding how a person is saved under what COVENANT , under the Old Covenant or under the New Covenant ?

dan p

Basically, it is the understanding that the covenant with Abraham was made according to Hebrews 11, as Abraham's faith and Galatians 3, that means it was in place before the LAW, as a promise to be fulfilled and made with the Lord Jesus Christ. How does it save us? By identity through faith in Christ and His redeeming work given by the grace of God (the same way you should understand the gospel). -Lon

DAN P

Basically, it is the understanding that the covenant with Abraham was made according to Hebrews 11, as Abraham's faith and Galatians 3, that means it was in place before the LAW, as a promise to be fulfilled and made with the Lord Jesus Christ. How does it save us? By identity through faith in Christ and His redeeming work given by the grace of God (the same way you should understand the gospel). -Lon

Hi and what Gal 3:8 is saying that verse is to ABRAM and not to ABRAHAM that the NATIONS / GENTILES be blessed !!

Where in Gen 12:3 is REDEEMED found by Covenant or GRACE ??

In 1 TIM 1:16 Paul says that he is the Pattern of the ones coming to BELIEVE ON Him unto everlasting life and does not sq with you words , WHY NOT ??

Are there 2 ways of salvation by Covenant or by GRACE ??

Which is it !!

dan p

Lon

Hi and what Gal 3:8 is saying that verse is to ABRAM and not to ABRAHAM that the NATIONS / GENTILES be blessed !!

Where in Gen 12:3 is REDEEMED found by Covenant or GRACE ??

In 1 TIM 1:16 Paul says that he is the Pattern of the ones coming to BELIEVE ON Him unto everlasting life and does not sq with you words , WHY NOT ??

Are there 2 ways of salvation by Covenant or by GRACE ??

Which is it !!

dan p
Galatians 3 is in every MAD bible. Why aren't you getting Paul's words about the Father's covenant with the Lord Jesus Christ? It
says so in Galatians. How else could you read it? MAD has to read it the same way I do: "covenant"

The only thing you and I are arguing isn't (or shouldn't be) the gospel. Everyone, including MAD, only believe there is one gospel today. As long as we agree on that, there should be no need for the 'Dispensational' line in the sand.

DAN P

Galatians 3 is in every MAD bible. Why aren't you getting Paul's words about the Father's covenant with the Lord Jesus Christ? It
says so in Galatians. How else could you read it? MAD has to read it the same way I do: "covenant"

The only thing you and I are arguing isn't (or shouldn't be) the gospel. Everyone, including MAD, only believe there is one gospel today. As long as we agree on that, there should be no need for the 'Dispensational' line in the sand.

Hi and where is the Greek word DIATHEKE / TESTEMENT found in Ga; 3:8 ??

dan p

DAN P

διαθήκη is found in Galatians 3:15 and well within the context of Galatians 3:8

Hi and what Paul is saying is about a Covenant of Man !!

DIATHEKE is found in many places and can be translated by the following words , Covenant , Arrangement , Will , Agreement Contract , and the Judaizer's were good at adding to the LAW !!

I am standing good !!

When you think you can present how you were saved , THEN I will present the PATTERN that is how Paul was saved ?

How ways are there for salvation , as I see 2 !!

dan p

Lon

DIATHEKE is found in many places and can be translated by the following words , Covenant , Arrangement , Will , Agreement Contract , and the Judaizer's were good at adding to the LAW !!

I am standing good !!

When you think you can present how you were saved , THEN I will present the PATTERN that is how Paul was saved ?

dan p

We are different on our summary beliefs. I believe all who call on the Name of the Lord are saved. Acts 2:21 Romans 10:11,13 1 Corinthians 12:3

If there is another way, I don't know of it. Do only Dispensationalists know of both ways? Just MAD?

DAN P

We are different on our summary beliefs. I believe all who call on the Name of the Lord are saved. Acts 2:21 Romans 10:11,13 1 Corinthians 12:3

If there is another way, I don't know of it. Do only Dispensationalists know of both ways? Just MAD?

Hi and the only I DISAGRRE with is your Acts 2:21 and How does it square up with 1 Cor 2:14 as the NATURAL man does not seek God as the bible is FOOLIHNESS TO HIM and the bible is SPIRITUALLY discerned but the Law of Moses , a VAIL covers the Jewish heart and your CONTEXT is out of SINK !!

Can you explain how you can be saved under a COVENANT with verse that prove it ??

Most people on this forum can not , are you one of THEM ??

dan p

dodge

I am standing good !!

dan p

dan, Paul was not saved any differently than anyone else . Paul was saved by placing his faith in Jesus.

The details of how the Lord Jesus got Paul's attention is unique but not his salvation through and in Jesus.

Lon

Hi and the only I DISAGRRE with is your Acts 2:21 and How does it square up with 1 Cor 2:14 as the NATURAL man does not seek God as the bible is FOOLIHNESS TO HIM and the bible is SPIRITUALLY discerned
Many dispensationalists disagree with you. I, on the other hand, agree with you. As far as 1 Corinthians 2:14 synching with Act 2:21, you partly mention it already: It indicates a man moved by the Spirit and that is my point too: All who call are moved to call by the Spirit.
but the Law of Moses , a VAIL covers the Jewish heart and your CONTEXT is out of SINK !!
Can you explain how you can be saved under a COVENANT with verse that prove it ??
The Covenant is between the Father and Son. What was it? That He should die for our sins. By connection, the Covenant then, results in our salvation. Again, you may disagree, but you don't disagree with the trusting in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul in Galatians 3 clearly called it a Covenant. I agree, no dispensationalist calls it that. It isn't particularly troubling to me that you are a dispensationalist. We both see the gospel, I just see it more connected to God's overall plan for redemption.
If I may for a moment: The largest difference between Covenant Theology and Dispensationalism is rather what we stress as our understanding. I as a Covenant Theologian, see connections, more than Dispensationalists see them. Dispensationalists see disconnections and differences more starkly. Big deal? Can be, but doesn't have to be. I went to a Dispensational seminary. There were dispensationalists and Covenant Theologians there. I counted them all brothers.
Most people on this forum can not , are you one of THEM ??
dan p
So, how am I saved by a Covenant, with verses:

Acts 2:23 Revelation 13:8 Galatians 3:8
Gal 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
Gal 3:23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed.
Gal 3:24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.
The Covenant was shown here:
Mat 26:39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

According to Paul in Galatians 3, the Father Covenanted with His Son (an agreement) for Him to give us life by His (our) death burial and resurrection. How then, does the Covenant save us? By setting the conditions of our salvation and how it would occur. You might argue that the gospel is Him and His work. I agree, but the agreement with Father and Son set that in action and completion.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Kingdom was offered to Israel and the believers accepted the offer and entered it.

Multitudes in fact.

LA

:think: Matthew 23:37

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

LA

drbrumley

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

LA

Seems you have issues between individual and corporate salvation.