ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You know darn well what you're doing. You're calling out all those who see the importance of the book of Acts in understanding the Bible. You are slandering a whole group of people and it's getting old. Stick to one or two of your stupid threads so we don't have to read the same lies over and over again. They did that with the Trinity because it got so ridiculous.
I personally think Galatians 2 is more crucial to understand than Acts is... but Acts is certainly up there...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yep, you said that tripe so it must be true NOT.

MAD is pretty much the opposite of faith in Jesus.

Incorrect. It is an understanding of scripture.

Ya know if Paul didn't say it it is a lie right !

Wrong.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

All scripture is true, whether written by Paul or written in the four gospels.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is why those in MAD have posted:

Jesus came for and to Israel.

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” - Matthew 15:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew15:24&version=NKJV

The 4 Gospels are not for us.

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” - Matthew 15:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew15:24&version=NKJV

No one was in the B.O.C. before Paul.

*checks the four gospels for any mention of "body," "of," "Christ," does not find any*

Hmmm

*checks the Pauline epistles for "body," "of," "Christ," finds many instances*

Ah.

and on and on which scripture proves to be a lies.

You have yet to present a problem text for "MAD," dodge.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Jesus whom those in MAD seem to ignore to fawn over Paul. sadly.
Dodge, do you do everything Jesus says to do?

Do you tithe 10%? Do you sell all you have and follow Him? If you don't, you're sinning. Or are you?

Paul says that if you circumcise you are a debtor to keep the whole law. In other words, if you keep one law, you must keep them all.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know Jesus said " I am the door" and if a man enters in another way he will spend eternity in darkness.

I know Jesus said," I am the light of the world and if a man walks in me he will not walk in darkness".

Strange but Jesus never said Paul was the light of the world or the only door that had to be entered through was Paul.
Funnily enough, Paul calls his message "my gospel" a few times...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have never said we do not need Paul. God picked him for a purpose and that purpose was to direct folks to Jesus just like ALL the Apostles and Jesus Himself did.

I actually heard Paul when he said to follow him as he followed Jesus.

I also heard the scriptures that said Paul persecuted Christ when he persecuted the B.O.C. which existed before Paul ever got saved.

Correction: Paul persecuted the Church, which was comprised of only Jews and proselyte Jews.

"Saul, Saul why do you persecute me" and "Saul said who are you" and Jesus said "I am Jesus who you persecute".

Fixed your punctuation.

Since Jesus was already in heaven how do you propose that Paul persecuted Jesus ? Paul persecuted Jesus when Paul persecuted the B.O.C. who MAD says did not exist before Paul revealed the mystery, which is an obvious lie.

Except it's not the Body of Christ Paul was persecuting. He was persecuting the church.

The church in Acts 1-8 is not what we today would call the church.

There's a key verse that you're forgetting.

Go read Galatians 2:7, 9.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And that is why so many people believed in the Lord Jesus Christ before He came and walked among us, right? :chuckle:

I'm not "denting" the validity of what Paul said. I'm telling you what he said, since you don't seem to get it.

That gospel (good news) was of entering the promised land. Those who didn't believe God, did not enter in. They died in the wilderness instead. You realize that those people in Heb. 4 had faith that Jesus was the promised Messiah, right?

I'm pretty sure you've been told there is more than one Gospel. It's the Gospel of Salvation you need to worry about.
Something else to note...

The generation that entered into the promised land?

They were never circumcised. And God didn't say anything about that fact. Their children were circumcised, but they were not, showing that the law cannot get you into the "promised land", but faith can and will.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To easy:The following verse proves MAD is a lie !

Rom 16:7
Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Get ready for the "that doesn't mean what it says" and the MAD diversion and dance.

Were the proselyte Jewish believers "in Christ" before Paul was saved? If yes, then Andronicus and Junia (who were most likely Jews (via "kinsmen")) were in Christ before Paul.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
and who also , means more than Andronicus and Junia were in Christ before Paul.

Rom 16:7
Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Again, where's the contradiction?

Were proselyte Jews (What today we would call "Messianic Jews") not "in Christ"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
According to MAD I would have to ask whether Jew or gentile and then pick the right gospel for the correct group, which of course is not biblical because there was, is , and will always only be one gospel.
Again, Galatians 2:7, 9, Read them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, there is only ONE Gospel and here is proof.

Gal 1:23
But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Did Paul destroy the Body of Christ? NO! (btw that verse has nothing to do with there being "ONE Gospel")

Did Paul destroy the "Church"? YES!

Was the Church the Body of Christ? NO!

Paul was persecuting Christians right ? Answer:yes.

BZZZZT! WRONG!

Paul was persecuting the Jews who believed.

Paul taught the faith he once sought to destroy correct ? Answer: yes.

Now when Saul was walking down the road Jesus stopped Saul and asked him Saul why are you persecuting me ? Saul responded and said who are you Lord and Jesus replied I am Jesus who you are persecuting. Now since Saul was persecuting Christians who in the persecution was being persecuted ? Answer: Jesus because Saul was persecuting Christians who were in the B.O.C. before Paul !

How do you get "persecuting Christians" out of "persecuting Jews"? Paul was persecuting the Jewish believers, what we would call today "Messianic Jews."

By the way... What had just happened prior to Acts 9?

Who did Saul have killed?

Was he a Jew or Gentile?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you be saved without faith in Jesus ?

Heb 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Dodge, who was the book of Hebrews written to? I know it's a hard question, but maybe you know the answer...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think you're right about that PJ.

Like the branches on the vine in John 15 (IN HIM). Those in the vine were not in the BODY of Christ.

I'm thinking they were in this group...such as were "added to the church daily".

Acts 2:41-44 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things common;​

Something else to note...

On the day the law was given...

So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day. - Exodus 32:28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus32:28&version=NKJV

However, on the day the Spirit was given...

Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. - Acts 2:41 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts2:41&version=NKJV

Showing that the Law kills but the Spirit gives life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is right there in scripture. Do you believe Paul would have persecuted fellow Jews ? Nope, so that rules Jews out.

Again, what happened immediately prior to Acts 9?

Who did Saul kill?

Was he Jew or Gentile?

Whatever the faith was that was exactly what Paul preached after he got saved. It is not hard to see that Paul was persecuting Christians as evidenced by what Jesus told Saul when he asked " Saul Saul why are you persecuting me and Saul said who are you Lord and Jesus said I am Jesus who you are persecuting".

Jew, or Gentile, dodge? Which was he?

Paul was persecuting Christians and yet Jesus says Saul was persecuting Him which proves they were in the B.O.C. before Paul ever got saved.

The Bible does not say Saul was persecuting/killing "Christians." It says he was persecuting/killing Jews who believed in their Messiah.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have been shown SCRIPTURE that proves MAD is a lie. I agree the slobs are those in MAD who pervert scripture to stay in a man made lie.
Your proof text is not a problem text for our position. What don't you get about that?

If anything, it's a proof text for our side, as you seem to be presenting it as a problem for yours.