ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

God's Truth

Was Jesus saved from death/hell by the Father?
Was he under any covenant? His Body was raised with him.

What in the world are you talking about?

There is a new covenant. Jesus, when he was on earth, he taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and when he shed his blood on the cross, he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Jesus saved himself from death and Hell. Need the scripture number references?

How do you ever get that his body being raised nullifies the covenant?

Right Divider

Body part
Here are the verses in the Bible that speak of the new covenant. I don't know how anyone can conclude it hasn't come yet and believe all that is in the Bible.

Jeremiah 31:31 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
Why do you refuse to take the entire passage into account?
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

I've pointed this out several times, but you ignore it.

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.
Do you think that the New Covenant started THAT NIGHT?

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
So you think that your misunderstanding of this ONE time that Paul mentions the new covenant proves something?

Hebrews 8:8, 13 NASB - 8 For finding fault with them, He says,"BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD,WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; ... 13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.
Some people here believe that the OC and NC ran AT THE SAME TIME for a period. Are you one of those?

Hebrews 9:15 NASB - 15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.
ONCE AGAIN, the NC is between the SAME TWO parties as the OC. GOD and ISRAEL.

God's Truth

(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

So you think that your misunderstanding of this ONE time that Paul mentions the new covenant proves something?

Some people here believe that the OC and NC ran AT THE SAME TIME for a period. Are you one of those?

Right Divider, you are more confused than I ever thought.

SaulToPaul 2

What in the world are you talking about?

There is a new covenant. Jesus, when he was on earth, he taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and when he shed his blood on the cross, he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Jesus saved himself from death and Hell. Need the scripture number references?

How do you ever get that his body being raised nullifies the covenant?

How did "Jesus" get out of hell?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is exactly right! Good job, Jacob.

That PROVES Paul spoke about the same gospel of Jesus Christ as Jesus, and as all the other apostles.
I have nothing to argue against here, I just think (I know) that Paul was the one who wrote this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do think you have more to understand, Jacob; but, you do not need to understand the earthly conversation in which John W., STP, and Danoh are having.
Wow. I don't know what you are saying. It's okay, I'm okay. Thank you for thinking of me. I am okay not knowing what you mean. I don't know if it is true or not. Maybe it is not relevant to anything I am thinking. I don't know what an earthly conversation is. I don't know, therefore, if you are correct. Even if I did know what you mean I don't know that I would know if or that you are correct.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I have no problem with the verse, I simply don't think it contradicts that the new covenant has already come.
That is a great question. Did the new covenant come about when Jesus died? This meal was the night before He died.
It was not one time only that Paul mentioned the new covenant. Here are two instances where Paul mentioned the new covenant.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
What does becoming obsolete mean, and what did Jeremiah mean when he wrote about the coming of the new covenant?
Are you confirming that the new covenant does already exist? I believe it already existed before Paul came on the scene.

God's Truth

Wow. I don't know what you are saying. It's okay, I'm okay. Thank you for thinking of me. I am okay not knowing what you mean. I don't know if it is true or not. Maybe it is not relevant to anything I am thinking. I don't know what an earthly conversation is. I don't know, therefore, if you are correct. Even if I did know what you mean I don't know that I would know if or that you are correct.

An earthly conversation is about TV shows and about making fun of you. A spiritual conversation is speaking about the Bible and the things of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
An earthly conversation is about TV shows and about making fun of you. A spiritual conversation is speaking about the Bible and the things of God.
Well, I don't know what to say to what you are saying God's Truth. I don't think anyone should ever make fun of anyone else. I don't know that that is what is occurring. I don't know what an earthly conversation is, and I don't know what turning a conversation to a spiritual conversation (a spiritual one) entails. I usually just talk about the Bible.