ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Galatians 2:9]
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision [Gal. 2:9].

"The apostles accepted Paul’s apostleship. “The right hands of fellowship”—fellowship is the Greek koinonia, one of the great words of the gospel and the highest expression of a personal relationship. It means sharing the things of Christ." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Galatians) (electronic ed., Vol. 46, p. 31). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

This is fun!
1 Ti 6:3–5

heir

TOL Subscriber
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision [Gal. 2:9].
The point that stands: Galatians 2:9 KJV Peter is not writing to us.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Liar! I was forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV)...
Better check that out. Get that caught on a trip wire. 2 Co 13:5 :smokie:

forrest-gump.jpg

Right Divider

Body part

"The apostles accepted Paul’s apostleship. “The right hands of fellowship”—fellowship is the Greek koinonia, one of the great words of the gospel and the highest expression of a personal relationship. It means sharing the things of Christ." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Galatians) (electronic ed., Vol. 46, p. 31). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

You spend far too much time reading what other people think about what the Bible teaches. You should study it for yourself.

In Galatians, Paul tells us that THEY added NOTHING to him. But CONTRARIWISE, Paul added SOMETHING to them.

Right Divider

Body part
:yawn: I'm here to learn (2 Ti 2:15 KJV). :poly: You already know it all. :idunno:
You are a false accuser and completely confused. You mash things together and constantly quote out of context.

Please address what I said about Galatians instead of trying change the subject.

Danoh

To be sure, J. Vernon McGee offers many great Dispensational insights we can all learn from.

But just as often he ends up looking at a thing from a viewpoint that was allowed to become the final word when, in fact, further distinctions yet remained to be sorted out.

His take on the meeting between Paul and James, Cephas, and John there in Galatians 2, is one of those this great writer and teacher has continued to fall short in.

A close study of Acts 15 and Galatians 2 will show that what Paul is relating in Galatians 2 is that because of what happened in Acts 15 when he first tried to straighten some out on some things, he decided to meet with those three in private first, so as not have ended up wasting his time once more with their followers.

Sure enough, per Acts 15, after their meeting with Paul, first Peter, and then James, who was now in charge at Jerusalem, defend Paul's ministry among the Gentiles and the earlier trouble makers are put in check.

McGee is simply wrong. Paul was sent there to straighten them out - not the other way around.

As wrong as concluding that McGee has no Dispensationally sound contribution to make just because he is off at times on some things.

To conclude that about McGee is no better than the attitude of those in Acts 15, who when Paul tried to straighten them out; went against him simply because his understanding was not theirs, and visa versa, in some aspects.

Cross Reference

To be sure, J. Vernon McGee offers many great Dispensational insights we can all learn from.

But just as often he ends up looking at a thing from a viewpoint that was allowed to become the final word when, in fact, further distinctions yet remained to be sorted out.

His take on the meeting between Paul and James, Cephas, and John there in Galatians 2, is one of those this great writer and teacher has continued to fall short in.

A close study of Acts 15 and Galatians 2 will show that what Paul is relating in Galatians 2 is that because of what happened in Acts 15 when he first tried to straighten some out on some things, he decided to meet with those three in private first, so as not have ended up wasting his time once more with their followers.

Sure enough, per Acts 15, after their meeting with Paul, first Peter, and then James, who was now in charge at Jerusalem, defend Paul's ministry among the Gentiles and the earlier trouble makers are put in check.

McGee is simply wrong. Paul was sent there to straighten them out - not the other way around.

As wrong as concluding that McGee has no Dispensationally sound contribution to make just because he is off at times on some things.

To conclude that about McGee is no better than the attitude of those in Acts 15, who when Paul tried to straighten them out; went against him simply because his understanding was not theirs, and visa versa, in some aspects.

Absolutely correct in your findings! He is also a cessationist which directs much of his thought processes..

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You are a false accuser and completely confused. You mash things together and constantly quote out of context.

Please address what I said about Galatians...
:yawn: Why would you like me to address Galatians if I am a false accuser who is completely confused? Eph 4:14

Danoh

:yawn: I'm here to learn (2 Ti 2:15 KJV). :poly: You already know it all. :idunno:

Consider that if you are truly here to learn, you might do well to actually look into what is being asserted by others, no matter who they are, what they assert or deny, and regardless of how much they appear to know or not, as well as regardless of what their tone appears to be, or not either way.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Consider that if you are truly here to learn, you might do well to actually look into what is being asserted by others, no matter who they are, what they assert or deny...

:yawn:

"You cannot have a 'come in Savior' and a 'stay out Lord'." Ro 14:9 ~ Adrian Rogers