ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
You aren't forgiven until you repent (Ac 2:38, Lk 24:47).

Nope. We were forgiven all trespasses when we were quickened together with Him.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh, that's rich. A Breenite speaking in tongues?

We take the things at face value that you must make anthropomorphic to retain your flawed view on German language cessationism. Adherents to these general views can and do hold nuanced and even inconsistent ideas. We can and do hold nuanced variations of these views, not a man made theology, but there is nothing wrong with systematizing biblical concepts for communication purposes (these are academic debates, so like any scholastic discussion)It is a convoluted, confusing, philosophical view. I think credible whateverists have given a reasoned response to it. Too many make wrong assumptions, leading to wrong conclusions down the line. This view is still problematic in other ways, notably inconsistent or syncretistic, and is a logical absurdity based on faulty heurmernetics. This is not a proof text for others views, but a simply idiom , nor is it not reasoning a verse away, but interpreting it in light of other verses, but that still does not make this consistent or defensible. I believe whateverism is based on deductive ideas and requires proof texting and rationalizations leading to weakness and problems. Like any view, there are a variety of nuances held by different people, so we have to be careful to stereotype. I do believe I am on the right track to reject whateverism as unbiblical, and that I have a more coherent, biblical view , based on normative church history, and, of course, rejecting hobby horses, pet doctrines, and wooden literalism.. But this all, of course, begs the question, based on sound exegesis, in consideration of not throwing out the baby with the bath water, which would constitute a logical fallacy.

What hermeneutic and demarcation classes have you taken? Who is your balanced guru?

God's Truth

Nope. We were forgiven all trespasses when we were quickened together with Him.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Quicken is WHEN we are SAVED.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Quicken is WHEN we are SAVED.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

When did the above take place?

john w

Hall of Fame
I have taken these courses at Mayberry County Community College:

1. Orthodoxy
2. Orthopraxy
3. Orthodontics

Oh, you're a regular Flip Wilson, ain'tya, Mayor? Next, you will be telling us that you also attended graduate school at MIT, and then laughing to yourself, not telling anyone that this MIT was "Mayberry In Town." You ought to go on an excursion boat, with this act, Mayor.

God's Truth

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

When did the above take place?

When one was saved.

One is forgiven after one repents of sins repented of doing.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Liar! I was forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV) 2000 years ago when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
According to you then no one is saved as: (taking Hebrews out of context for a moment) without shedding of blood, is no remission (Hebrews 9:22 KJV). When was Christ's blood shed for us?