KJ-ONLYite claims: Enyart does not believe The Bible is inerrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AVBunyan said:
Ok then, would somebody mind showing me where in any Bible does it say that only the originals are inspired.
Oh, do you subscribe to "Sola Scriptura"?

Where in the Bible does it say that only the King James version is inspired?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter A V said:
I do too,plus many more,including Greek.But there is only ONE that I believe.The one that is even better than the "originals"
Are you saying that the "originals" were not inspired or were somehow imperfect?

silverkz

better

better

Turbo said:
Are you saying that the "originals" were not inspired or were somehow imperfect?

Excuse me for barging in... but PeterAV I think would be okay with it ... I know him from another forum. What he is saying is that the AV is better than the originals because it is 1) in English!, 2) complete and entire Word of God in One Book, 3) Proven to be without error.

And Justin, please... typos are not errors in God's Word...they are errors in the printer's shop. Seriously, are you like 12? I've found many of those who post on net boards are pre-teens, teens, or just immature.

And I must note, Will's original argument has not been answered. I will restate it in my own way....Show forth THE BIBLE you use that is without error....just give us the name of the book, that is: which version? If it is any other than the AV , we can show you the errors. And since you cannot show a bible other than the AV that is without error, then you have no bible lest you use the AV. You have no final authority and are your own judge of right and wrong...or put another way...you are your own final authority....as it was in the days of Noah....

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm curious too. Before 1611, which English translation was the perfect one?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
silverkz said:
Excuse me for barging in... but PeterAV I think would be okay with it ... I know him from another forum.
You don't say! :D

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AVBunyan said:
You can trust God with your salvation but you can't believe God could oversee the AV committee in 1611. Don't you believe God is sovereign or do you leave it all up to man? Strange...
God is not active in this dispensation in that way.

The Closed View strikes again!

So, AVBunyan, do you believe God knows the future exhaustively? That God knows every detail of every decision since before time existed?

MartianManhuntr

godrulz said:
Bahahaha...

You have just made a rookie exegetical error that a first year Greek student would know. Try doing a word study and you will see that the NIV is actually more accurate than the KJV here.
'monogenes' means unique, one and only...

You are wrong. "monogenes uios" literally means "only-begotten son" but the idea being represented is "only son who is so by nature." Christians are all sons of God, but Jesus is the only son of God who is so by nature. To say "one and only" is insufficient because the Scripture indicates that there are other sons of God who are so by adoption. To say "unique" is also insufficient because it does not specify in what way he is unique, whereas the term "monogenes" carries with it in Greek a very specific meaning as far as the uniqueness that it indicates. It indicates that he is the only son of God who is so in the strictest since, by nature. All others are sons merely by adoption. You could not say you have a "monogenes" car to mean you have a "unique" car, etc. The "uniqueness" indicated by the word has to do with fathership and is not generic uniqueness. In short, it is you who have "made a rookie exegetical error that a first year Greek student would know."

AVBunyan

Inspired scripture

Inspired scripture

Turbo said:
Where in the Bible does it say that only the King James version is inspired?

Nowhere in any bible does it say the "King James" only is inspired - last time I checked my concordance I just couldn't find those two words together.

But...when I open up my King James Bible I believe by faith plus the internal evidence of what I read that what I have in my hands is inspired according to II Tim. 3:15,16.

Can you say the same when you open up what you read?

God bless

Justin (Wiccan)

AVBunyan said:
But...when I open up my King James Bible I believe by faith plus the internal evidence of what I read that what I have in my hands is inspired according to II Tim. 3:15,16.

The technical term for that is a "Personal Gnostic Revelation."

Justin

AVBunyan

????????

????????

Justin (Wiccan) said:

Justin
Sorry - just not up on all those fancy philosohpical terms - couldn't find that phrase in scripture - would you mind interpreting?

AVBunyan

Faith

Faith

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Justin
After thinking it through again maybe your technical term is "Personal Gnostic Revelation." - but my scriptural term would be faith.

God bless

Justin (Wiccan)

silverkz said:
Excuse me for barging in... but PeterAV I think would be okay with it ... I know him from another forum.

You don't say. :rolleyes:

What he is saying is that the AV is better than the originals because it is 1) in English!,

Do we then assume that God has "specially chosen the English-speaking people?" Did the Oracles of God come through Erasmus? Or do we simply make James I a "Second Moses?" [sarcasm]Oh, but that's right ... since the KJV is "better than the original," James would actually take preeminence over Moses. :doh: Of course! I should have seen this myself![/sarcasm]

2) complete and entire Word of God in One Book,

I just wonder when you're going to declare the Printer's Note "Inspired."

3) Proven to be without error.

And Justin, please... typos are not errors in God's Word...they are errors in the printer's shop.

So you're telling me that God can guide the translator ... but not the printer?

Seriously, are you like 12? I've found many of those who post on net boards are pre-teens, teens, or just immature.

I am quite a bit older than twelve. And I know an "ad hominem" when I see it.

And I must note, Will's original argument has not been answered. I will restate it in my own way....Show forth THE BIBLE you use that is without error....just give us the name of the book, that is: which version? If it is any other than the AV , we can show you the errors. And since you cannot show a bible other than the AV that is without error, then you have no bible lest you use the AV. You have no final authority and are your own judge of right and wrong...or put another way...you are your own final authority....as it was in the days of Noah....

So, then, before 1611 there was no Bible? For those who do not speak English--oops, sorry, you must learn English to read a Bible.

Come now! If Logic were a person, she would rise and rebuke you for your foolishness. As it stands, the author of 1 Timothy 1:4-7 has already spoken of you and your ilk, and I find myself content to allow him to speak for me.

4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Justin

Justin (Wiccan)

AVBunyan said:
After thinking it through again maybe your technical term is "Personal Gnostic Revelation." - but my scriptural term would be faith.

God bless

Try again, AVBunyan. You said "faith plus the internal evidence of what I read..." (emphasis mine) That "internal evidence" is a PGR--the Mormons call it a "Burning in the Bosom," and it's exactly the same phenomenon when it happens to you.

Have a nice day. :wave:

Justin

Justin (Wiccan)

Justin (Wiccan) said:

Justin

Can you believe it?!?! I got bad-repped on the above post ... for "contradicting myself!" :darwinsm:

MartianManhuntr, if you're going to make up reasons to bad-rep people you disagree with, at least have the sense to make up a reason that remotely resemble the truth. :chuckle:

Justin

MartianManhuntr

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Can you believe it?!?! I got bad-repped on the above post ... for "contradicting myself!" :darwinsm:

MartianManhuntr, if you're going to make up reasons to bad-rep people you disagree with, at least have the sense to make up a reason that remotely resemble the truth. :chuckle:

Justin

It wasn't a made up reason. You claim to be against "Personal Gnostic Revelation" and yet your entire religion is based on the same. That's certainly contradicting yourself.

MartianManhuntr

BTW, this is for everyone:

I am not KJV only. I am Received Text only. That means that I believe that the original Hebrew and Greek autographs were inspired and that the traditional Hebrew and Greek texts are perfectly preserved copies of the original autographs and therefore inspired as well. As a sidenote, the KJV is the best widely available English translation of the traditional Hebrew and Greek text, and is without proven error when correctly understood.

Justin (Wiccan)

MartianManhuntr said:
It wasn't a made up reason. You claim to be against "Personal Gnostic Revelation" and yet your entire religion is based on the same. That's certainly contradicting yourself.

You're quite incorrect. I am not against Personal Gnostic Revelations. I am against those PGRs that contradict fact. Faith and fact cannot contradict each other.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.