john w has become a Pentecostal

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You will note I do NOT say that being a Catholic is being Christian nor could anyone become Christian by following the RCC way, howsoever diligently they did so.

There is no saving power in Catholicism.

But and yet Jesus saves

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I said no one can be saved by believing what Rome says to do to be saved. You disagreed.

Ok I misunderstood what you meant, I understood "can a practising Catholic be saved?"

I repeat there is no salvation in Catholicism....but in the gospel is salvation, it is possible for an individual to come to an understanding of the personal aspect of the cross...they believe He died for the world, but they do not apply it to themselves personally.

musterion

:up:

So for those Catholics you said you know were saved...how were they saved while Catholics, if you know?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Also you will acknowledge that in all denoms there are folks who are sound in doctrine but are not saved...right?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
:up:

So for those Catholics you said you know were saved...how were they saved while Catholics, if you know?

Take the case of John Wesley [the other john w] he was a stone cold Anglican right? no different to a Catholic.

But after a long struggle and a lot of witnessing by some dissenting brethren at a certain prayer meeting he came into an awareness that Christ had indeed pardoned his sin, he was born again and spent the rest of his life preaching the new birth to the multitudes...but he remained an Anglican priest as did Whitefield.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Another thought about Luther.....he believed all his life in the sacrament of the altar...that the bread was the body of Christ, made so by the consecration.

Danoh

You have to see the Catholic hierarchy and structures and then the ordinary Joe in the pew.

Let me akse you this

Do you think Luther was saved only when he nailed his 95 thesis to the door?

There is evidence that he understood Romans very well as an Augustinian monk. Again there is evidence that Erasmus who was Luther's friend but who fell out with him over Luther's split with Rome yet agreed with Luther in doctrine.

To Erasmus the great sin was to split the church....I say look above all these things, theology is vital, believing aright is vital.

But believing that Jesus saves can come to a Catholic as well as anyone else, Mother Theresa as a young nun knelt at the cross and became so grieved that it was her sin that had caused it all.

She refused to get up.

She said "Lord I will not get up until I KNOW my sins are forgiven" she did receive that assurance.

Don't you understand?

I guess I don't.

I once saw a special on Mother Teresa featuring her life's work, interviews and all the rest.

In one interview she was asked if she preached Jesus to those she ministered to. Her reply was that all roads lead to God; the Hindu has his, the Buddhist has his, and so on...

She was right...

In the wrongest of ways...

That's the problem with many supposed Bible Believers - anything that makes sense to them from where they look at a thing from is right away concluded "of God."

Regrettably, just about your every post smacks of that.

Just as, regrettably; offence you will surely take from this post.

Because it does not fit where you make sense of things from.

You really ought to attempt carefully reconsidering examining where you look at things from, 1 Cor. 3:10-17.

glorydaz

No I don't...I've met too many saved Catholics....I wish they would come out, I think one day [perhaps soon] they will have to.

Love buildeth up
knowledge puffeth
salvation is of the heart
doctrines are in the head

If you asked me do I think the RCC is awful I must say yes...but I love Catholics, and those who are saved are saved despite their church not through or because of it.

Amen. In fact, those in many a church are saved in spite of the church. So many believers have been saved when a member of the body of Christ shares the gospel with them. I was saved when we went to help an old couple shovel snow off their roof, and the lady shared the Gospel with me while the men were outside. Actually, preachers are rarely found behind a pulpit.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You have to see the Catholic hierarchy and structures and then the ordinary Joe in the pew.

Let me akse you this

Do you think Luther was saved only when he nailed his 95 thesis to the door?

There is evidence that he understood Romans very well as an Augustinian monk. Again there is evidence that Erasmus who was Luther's friend but who fell out with him over Luther's split with Rome yet agreed with Luther in doctrine.

To Erasmus the great sin was to split the church....I say look above all these things, theology is vital, believing aright is vital.

But believing that Jesus saves can come to a Catholic as well as anyone else, Mother Theresa as a young nun knelt at the cross and became so grieved that it was her sin that had caused it all.

She refused to get up.

She said "Lord I will not get up until I KNOW my sins are forgiven" she did receive that assurance.

Don't you understand?

Ask B57

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Take the case of John Wesley [the other john w] he was a stone cold Anglican right? no different to a Catholic.

But after a long struggle and a lot of witnessing by some dissenting brethren at a certain prayer meeting he came into an awareness that Christ had indeed pardoned his sin, he was born again and spent the rest of his life preaching the new birth to the multitudes...but he remained an Anglican priest as did Whitefield.

Just as you remain willfully ignorant my son

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I guess I don't.

I once saw a special on Mother Teresa featuring her life's work, interviews and all the rest.

In one interview she was asked if she preached Jesus to those she ministered to. Her reply was that all roads lead to God; the Hindu has his, the Buddhist has his, and so on...

She was right...

That's the problem with many supposed Bible Believers - anything that makes sense to them from where they look at a thing from is right away concluded "of God."

You really ought to attempt carefully reconsidering examining where you look at things from, 1 Cor. 3:10-17.

I do not take offence...you were wrong about that, in truth you are arguing against your own most cherished doctrine, what is it? salvation by grace alone through faith....and then you believe when somebody is saved they cannot lose their salvation.

I say Ma Theresa got saved as a young nun...she's got as good a testimony as many an evangelical. Moreover she never forgot that testimony and does count it as the day she began serving God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I guess I don't.

She was right...

Other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid and that foundation is Jesus Christ 1.Cor.3:10-17.

That is exactly what I have said...Jesus saves

All else is what we build upon that foundation....Catholics don't believe Jesus saves as foundational but many come to understand it....not all protestants