john w has become a Pentecostal

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Because quote-unquote "Jesus" isn't God. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the LORD God.

John answered correctly.

DJ

No, Jesus is God.
That is a proper statement. If we say "God is Jesus" then we are improperly stating because God is a Triunity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What make's 1 Pentecostal? It has something to do with being baptized in the Spirit, slain in the Spirit, speaking in tongue's, healing's; right?

Could I become Pentecostal without renouncing my current value's? What do I have to confess, and do, in order to be truly Pentecostal?

Is they're some authority in Pentecostalism, that speak's for all Pentecostal parish's as a body, and what is it? The difference's in what Pentecostal's believe and confess, as compared to what other non-Catholic diocese's believe and confess, is what?

What is the relationship between the Assembly's of God, and Pentecostalism?

DJ

Get the Holy Ghost....and then get the Holy Ghost.

Plenty of Pentecostals have got the doctrines.....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All elects have the holy ghost but the Pentecostals say they have to get it agian just so they can be members of a cult.

Did the Holy Ghost fall on you in the same way that He fell on Cornelius and his household?

...He fell on me like that. What I have I got by experience....I learned about it after. Nor was it a separate experience from my salvation, but I can tell from other Christians it is distinct.

God will give you what you ask Him for according to scripture.

Or let me akse it another way

Do you believe the church is walking in the same power now as it did during the 18th century revival?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Pentecostalism is the largest Christian group in the world. The fastest [if not the only growing] church.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All of us in the church are on the narrow path and few we be.

The church is the minority in the world, the bible believing church, the Trinity believing church, the Christ worshipping church....the Savums, the despised born again brigade.

musterion

Pentecostalism is the largest Christian group in the world. The fastest [if not the only growing] church.

Because it's pan-denominational. Catholics have been included since the '60s and now even a few Mormons claim to speak in tongues, I've heard tell.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You think no Catholics are saved?

Spurgeon in his day was as anti papistical a preach as any Puritan yet when he went to Ireland the Catholics came out in their droves....

You know I BELIEVE in theology, in doctrines, it is so important to cling to God's word.......but God saves...He is very wise, our God.

My grandpops lived in the Catholic sector of Belfast during the time when they were blowing each other up. He was Catholic down to his toenails. He came to England after the war to escape from being caught up in the violence.

When he was a soldier in Palestine he visited the church of the Resurrection, while he was there he said a great and marvellous peace came over him, and in that moment he said "I KNEW that our Lord was arisen and I have never doubted it since"

Stick like glue to your doctrines if they are true Must, I do, but know that God is greater than man and man's churches, denominations and things.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No I don't...I've met too many saved Catholics....I wish they would come out, I think one day [perhaps soon] they will have to.

Love buildeth up
knowledge puffeth
salvation is of the heart
doctrines are in the head

If you asked me do I think the RCC is awful I must say yes...but I love Catholics, and those who are saved are saved despite their church not through or because of it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You have to see the Catholic hierarchy and structures and then the ordinary Joe in the pew.

Let me akse you this

Do you think Luther was saved only when he nailed his 95 thesis to the door?

There is evidence that he understood Romans very well as an Augustinian monk. Again there is evidence that Erasmus who was Luther's friend but who fell out with him over Luther's split with Rome yet agreed with Luther in doctrine.

To Erasmus the great sin was to split the church....I say look above all these things, theology is vital, believing aright is vital.

But believing that Jesus saves can come to a Catholic as well as anyone else, Mother Theresa as a young nun knelt at the cross and became so grieved that it was her sin that had caused it all.

She refused to get up.

She said "Lord I will not get up until I KNOW my sins are forgiven" she did receive that assurance.

Don't you understand?