john w has become a Pentecostal

Dan Emanuel

All these are fake ordinances, none of them corresponds to the scriptures...fake baptism, fake Pentecost [confirmation] fake breaking bread, fake Christian ministry, fake anointing the sick, fake confessions.

Nor does God honour any of them. The Catholic way is "we don't have real bible faith so we'll do sacraments instead."
I also have view's.

DJ

Dan Emanuel

Jesus told his disciples that he would return in their generation and some of them would still be alive.

That right there would be enough for me to believe, but he also said they would know the time by the fact that Jerusalem would be surrounded and destroyed at the end of the age. They would wait to see, but we know that really happened because history has recorded it.

Why would anyone not believe? Jesus said so and it happened.

Because I bleed. We still need to pray the Our Father too, friend. Not just take communion, which is also commanded, which is a command to the priest's and bishop's more than to you and me, incidentally. He gave us some pointer's on how to pray, word-for-word guidance; Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespass's; as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; amen. His will is not done on earth as it is in heaven.

DJ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
PJ,

I am aware of my problem. My thought is, I just don't see fit to change. I would have to learn something in my advanced age, and I don't think its worth it because I think everybody can understand what I'm saying anyway. I don't get the impression that people are reading me and scratching there head at what I'm saying because I don't use the right their/there/they're. I rather think that people either read me very plainly, or they get hung up on a grammatical error. I really can't concern myself with those people, not because I don't care, but because I've got limited resource's, like we all do. I'm making a judgment call. An executive decision.

Its not like I'm dropping censored bomb's . . . I'm misusing apostophe's. I probably just did it again.

If their's anyway that I can further the kingdom of God without learning the right way to use apostrophe's, thats what I want to do.

:e4e:

DJ

With that attitude to your post presentation how can we believe anything you say. You won't make an effort to get something correct ? You demonstrate spelling and the correct use of apostrophes in many instances. You also seem to know when you do it wrong, so I don't buy the excuses. :carryon:

Dan Emanuel

With that attitude to your post presentation how can we believe anything you say...
"I am a deceiver; I admit it." --me

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4402400#post4402400
...You won't make an effort to get something correct ?...
I make every conscious effort to get certain thing's correct. Not everything though.

Are you, or anybody else, really so different?
...You demonstrate spelling and the correct use of apostrophes in many instances...
I really don't think its apostrophe's in general, but apostrophe's sometime's. Sometime's I'm sure I get them right; like when I just wrote "I'm." Its more to do with the yore's and the theigher's and the itz.
...You also seem to know when you do it wrong...
That is interesting.
...so I don't buy the excuses. :carryon:
:e4e:

DJ

glorydaz

Because I bleed. We still need to pray the Our Father too, friend. Not just take communion, which is also commanded, which is a command to the priest's and bishop's more than to you and me, incidentally. He gave us some pointer's on how to pray, word-for-word guidance; Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespass's; as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; amen. His will is not done on earth as it is in heaven.

DJ

All I can say is that when Saint John returns he's going to be kept very busy just with this thread alone. :chew:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think saint john w the great, once TOL's most humble, is gone for good. :(

It's a shame he didn't say some good byes and give some parting shots. It doesn't seem like his style. Do you think he slipped backed into crack and booze ? Living from shelter to shelter ? Riding the rails ? Into The Wild ?

Maybe he sold all he had to walk the earth and evangelize ! I can't imagine, and can hardly bear the thought of never hearing from him or seeing a new selfie. It's really starting to sink in.

SaulToPaul 2

are you and JohnW friends in the real world,I remember you and him talking about going to lunch and such so wasn't sure if you were razzing each other or not.

No, but we have this alternate reality where we would share a meal at the diner in Mayberry or at Morelli's in Mount Pilot.

whitestone

No, but we have this alternate reality where we would share a meal at the diner in Mayberry or at Morelli's in Mount Pilot.

oh, It seemed like you two new each other from work,Church something. I've been pretty frustrated on different forums before and left. I think after a while things change so who knows he might be back in a while. ,,,well just keep on writing him this letter,,,

Dear JohnW,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

with love,the sweathogs

glorydaz

I think saint john w the great, once TOL's most humble, is gone for good. :(

I don't. Unless someone has some inside information, I'm not willing to consider that. That said, all of us should have a family member who will come on here and let all our dear friends know should something happen.